Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 01:07 PM

959 posts, read 2,360,549 times

Advertisements

I have the original post printed and tacked to my fridge...hope someday America wisens up this way. Good post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2007, 08:10 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,088,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
I wish that could happen here. The US has a distinct culture. I'm tired of hearing that we must value everyone else's culture to the detriment of our own.
Yes, and we are all getting more and more fed up.

Old 04-19-2007, 10:07 PM

259 posts, read 939,011 times
Quote:
Is shar'ia just a set of morals and values or is it actually laws? What happens when shar'ia and state laws clash?
Quote:
I'm sure it depends on the clash. If the clash would interfere with a Muslim's prayers, I would assume the Muslim would be required to leave that state. Muslims are actually not allowed to overthrow governments through violent means. In most cases, Shar'ia is more restrictive than the state laws, especially in Western democracies like the US and Australia. So clashes aren't really an issue.

Islam is more than just a religion. It differs from Christianity in that it is an entire way of life.

Much of what people think of Islam is actually not the religion, but culture.
Why did Muhammad pick of all the 300 pagan gods on the wall in Mecca the war god of Allah? If muslims are not allowed to overthrow a government violently then why did the Muslims start the crusades and violently overthrow the governments of Spain, Portugal, Serbia, Greece, Armenia and Byzantum? And why haven't the Muslims given back Constantinople (Istanbul) to Greece? And why did the Muslims launch a military conquest from North Africa and the Middle East to Northern India, Western China and South-East Asia?

Quote:
Islam is more than just a religion. It differs from Christianity in that it is an entire way of life.
Much of what people think of Islam is actually not the religion, but culture.
UhHuh! Islam is more than just a Religion!! Its a war like way of life that preaches hate and vengeance!!!

Last edited by Dee62; 04-19-2007 at 10:40 PM..

Old 04-20-2007, 08:30 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,831,133 times
The US federal government is so pathetic, I bet they would be OK if muslims sued and got the 5 liberal quacks in the US Supreme Court to make Americans obey Sharia law (Islamic law).

In MInnesota, the Muslims have been granted all sorts of rights that no other religion has, including not having to touch pork, not transporting people in cabs who have dogs or alcohol, and all sorts of absurd things like that.

In Canada and in Europe, the Muslims get whatever they DEMAND becaue people are weak and liberal. In France, 1 out of every 4 people is Muslim or Arabic.

I hope Americans DEMAND (not ask) American politicians to deport as many illegals as we can, close the border, scrutinize anyone applying for legal residency, and PROHIBITING ANY AMNESTY FOR ILLEGALS.

Otherwise, the United States of America will become "Los Estados Unidos de la America". California is already become Mexifornia.... I hope it is not like that all over the USA.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:21 AM

10 posts, read 24,528 times
Thank -God , there is a country i can move to when this one gets as bad as i know its going too!

Old 04-25-2007, 11:29 PM

188 posts, read 810,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Immigration Debate in Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to Australia and her Queen at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and his Ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown. Treasurer Peter Costello, seen as heir apparent to Howard, hinted that some radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did not accept that Australia was a secular state, and its laws were made by parliament. "If those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you", he said on National Television.

"I'd be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws governing people in Australia : one the Australian law and another Islamic law that is false. If you can't agree with parliamentary law, independent courts, democracy, and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go to another country, which practices it, perhaps, then, that's a better option", Costello said.

Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he said those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked to move to the other country. Education Minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who did not want to accept local values should "clear off. Basically people who don't want to be Australians, and who don't want, to live by Australian values and understand them, well then, they can basically clear off", he said.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. "IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT," Howard said. "Take it or leave it. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.

However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the 'politically correct' crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of Australia being a multi-cultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. And as Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle.

This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom. We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society .. Learn the language!

Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.

We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us. If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like "A Fair Go", then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. By all means, keep your culture, but do not force it on others.

This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our Flag, our pledge, our beliefs, or our way of life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.

If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted."

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/australia.asp

For the entire interview, click on the link. Too bad our own government doesn't have this much backbone. It's time that Americans stood up and said--NO MORE!

What you read n hear is different than what happens over here , a lot of this is shopping for votes as we are in an ELECTION YEAR thats all im gonna say about it.

Old 08-03-2007, 08:04 AM

1 posts, read 1,801 times
Great !!! As a Canadian, living in the US I agree 100%. It' time USA and Canada stop adapting, it's making me sick. The #1 requirement for living in the USA or Canada should be fluent English, followed by an application for residency (in English), followed by an application for SS#, followed by a "job application" which should be followed up on by an agency that has nothing better to do. ( Like TSA ?)
You get the idea!!!!!!

Old 08-03-2007, 07:13 PM

16 posts, read 16,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.
This is so true! Imagine how many struggles, trials, victories and massacres it took to virtually “clear off” all the so-called Native Australians, so that Christian values could be introduced to this savage land.

Old 08-27-2007, 09:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,751 times
Unhappy Only in Australia

It is interesting that the federal government provides a single
>> refugee with a monthly allowance of $1,890.00 and each can also get
>> an additional $580.00 in social assistance for a total of $2,470.00.
>>
>> A single pensioner who, after contributing to the growth and
>> development of Australia for 40 to 50 years, receives only a monthly
>> maximum of $1, 012.00 in old age pension and Guaranteed Income
>> Supplement.
>>
>> Maybe our pensioners should apply as refugees!
>>
>> Let's send this to all Australians so we can all be ticked off and
>> maybe we can get the refugees cut back to $1,012.00 and the
>> pensioners up to $2,470.00 and enjoy some of the money we were forced
>> to submit to the Government over the last 40 or 50 years.
>>
>> Please forward to every Australian to expose what our elected
>> politicians are doing - to the over-taxed Australian

Old 08-27-2007, 09:37 PM

564 posts, read 1,726,781 times
Aren't most Lebanese in Australia second or third generation (meaning they probably speak English) and Christian, much like the Lebanese in America? I realize the Muslims are pretty recent(and I've seen those gang videos and they make me cringe, especially because I'm Lebanese) in Australia, but aren't they smaller than Christians by a LONG shot?

Quote:
In France, 1 out of every 4 people is Muslim or Arabic.
There's a huge difference. Most Arabs out of the Middle East, especially Levent, tend to be Christian, while the Muslims in Europe are mostly Bengalis and such and NOT Arab.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration