U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 08:17 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,848,271 times

Advertisements

As I’ve mentioned previously, we can expect lots of sob stories involving the U.S.-born children of illegal aliens whose parents have been deported. At least this couple returned to Mexico with their children, and the father accepts responsibility for their predicament, rather than blaming the US.

Quote:
Nearly three-quarters of the children born to illegal immigrants are themselves legal U.S. citizens. Seth Doane reports on the other side of the deportation debate from San Lucas, Mexico.
Children Of Illegal Immigrants - CBS News Video
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 08:47 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,057,072 times
So what? When other criminals are sent to prison, noone cries or does documentaries on the innocent children they leave behind to either fend for themselves or worse, be sent to foster care.
At least illegal immigrants can take their children with them at no added cost, courtesy of the US government. If they are seperated then it is because the parents chose that option. Maybe they didn't want to introduce the new American kid to the ones they left behind in the old country?

Old 05-28-2009, 08:52 AM

804 posts, read 1,177,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
So what? When other criminals are sent to prison, noone cries or does documentaries on the innocent children they leave behind to either fend for themselves or worse, be sent to foster care.
At least illegal immigrants can take their children with them at no added cost, courtesy of the US government. If they are seperated then it is because the parents chose that option. Maybe they didn't want to introduce the new American kid to the ones they left behind in the old country?

It must be then, that illegal aliens are not consider to be in the same group with other criminals by the people who has the power to do these documentaries.

Also, this guy does not meet your standard illegal alien. He has a $40K a year job at a bank ( from the uniform i would think maybe security), his wife was employed as well, he was able to speak English. The only thing I find reprehensible, is that the kid does not speak fluent Spanish, how could the parents not teach him to speak Spanish from an earlier age.

I am a legal immigrant and I do not see it as a slap in the face to legalize this family. I do not see this family lining up for food stamps, or other social services and becoming a public charge anytime soon, had they remained in the states and been granted a legal status.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
It must be then, that illegal aliens are not consider to be in the same group with other criminals by the people who has the power to do these documentaries.

Also, this guy does not meet your standard illegal alien. He has a $40K a year job at a bank ( from the uniform i would think maybe security), his wife was employed as well, he was able to speak English. The only thing I find reprehensible, is that the kid does not speak fluent Spanish, how could the parents not teach him to speak Spanish from an earlier age.

I am a legal immigrant and I do not see it as a slap in the face to legalize this family. I do not see this family lining up for food stamps, or other social services and becoming a public charge anytime soon, had they remained in the states and been granted a legal status.
No, it’s simply MSM propaganda initiated by the profiteers of illegal aliens. Had they had the technology during slavery, the plantation owners would have resorted to similar tactics to support the slave trade. No doubt, they would have created videos of the “happy” slaves singing “We Loves Massa” or similar nonsense.

We already know you have illegal alien family and friends. Thus, we wouldn’t expect you to consider it a “slap in the face.”

Old 05-28-2009, 09:16 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,057,072 times
Quote:

First of all lets be clear. It doesn't matter what you consider to be legal or not the only thing that matters is what the law says. Lots of people believe pot should be legal - it doesn't make it legal.

As to the rest of your post - yeah, seems like a nice guy. Individually, most illegals are probably nice people. But collectively they are a drain.
It would be a herculian task to seperate the 'good' illegals from the 'bad'. How would you do that? What would your requirements be? Those that speak English? Well, how much English is enough to be granted amnesty? How much they make a year? How much would that be and what if they used false ssn in order to get that job?

The reality is if they were smart enough and hard working enough to make it to the American middle class, then they should have been able to figure out a way to immigrate legally in the first place. Of course, that would have taken time, and it seems that illegals don't care to 'waste' time in their home countries waiting for their visa to come through. Better to come illegally and then gamble on another mass amnesty.

Wrong is wrong. I would be considered a criminal if I were to illegally immigrate and work and live in Mexico, Hondorus, China, or Russia. In all those cases I would be deported if caught. None of those coutries owe me a damn thing -- why then does the US owe illegals everything? This is logic I would expect from my five year old, not from adults.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
No, it’s simply MSM propaganda initiated by the profiteers of illegal aliens. Had they had the technology during slavery, the plantation owners would have resorted to similar tactics to support the slave trade. No doubt, they would have created videos of the “happy” slaves singing “We Loves Massa” or similar nonsense.

We already know you have illegal alien family and friends. Thus, we wouldn’t expect you to consider it a “slap in the face.”
I still do not see a good argument that why this family should be deported, other than the repetitive cry: but..."he is illegal". And for $40K a year, his work is hardly slavery.

I would like to see some people who has had slaves as their ascendants. Do you think that Benicar's argument to compare this illegal alien to a happy slave correctly acknowledges the conditions that your fathers/grandfathers who were slaves were in?

Old 05-28-2009, 09:20 AM

32,964 posts, read 30,215,777 times
This eludes me back to many of my previous posts. How do you raise a child without communicating with that kid? Either the Parents are lying that they can't speak perfect English or they are lying the kid can't speak decent Spanish. They came here speaking Spanish so I'm inclined to think there is a whole lot of lying going on.

Perfect Immigrants, lying, sneaking and trespassing.

By Bye!

Old 05-28-2009, 09:22 AM

42,339 posts, read 50,019,797 times
You can always haul out one poster boy and wave him around in efforts to distract the easily fooled into believing there isn't a problem.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
First of all lets be clear. It doesn't matter what you consider to be legal or not the only thing that matters is what the law says. Lots of people believe pot should be legal - it doesn't make it legal.
I did not say that i consider them legal, ergo, I said they should be legalized.

Quote:
As to the rest of your post - yeah, seems like a nice guy. Individually, most illegals are probably nice people. But collectively they are a drain.
It would be a herculian task to seperate the 'good' illegals from the 'bad'. How would you do that? What would your requirements be? Those that speak English? Well, how much English is enough to be granted amnesty? How much they make a year? How much would that be and what if they used false ssn in order to get that job?
It would be a herculian task to deport them as well, are you against deportation? I didnt't think so. Then it's not the size of the task that it's daunting. As far as the requirements, that's what congress is for, let them look at their data and come up with sensible requirements.

Quote:
The reality is if they were smart enough and hard working enough to make it to the American middle class, then they should have been able to figure out a way to immigrate legally in the first place. Of course, that would have taken time, and it seems that illegals don't care to 'waste' time in their home countries waiting for their visa to come through. Better to come illegally and then gamble on another mass amnesty.
The problem is that this is not the reality, the current immigrantion system benefits family members of current U.S. citizens without taking into consideration the merits of the individual. An usually no matter how long you wait, sprouting a family member who is a citizen and is willing to sponsor you is not a legitimate option.

Now, they do have one, their son. I don't know how it works when you have already been reported. But once he turns 21, he will be eligible to ask for them.

Quote:
Wrong is wrong. I would be considered a criminal if I were to illegally immigrate and work and live in Mexico, Hondorus, China, or Russia. In all those cases I would be deported if caught. None of those coutries owe me a damn thing -- why then does the US owe illegals everything? This is logic I would expect from my five year old, not from adults.
Do you really think countries owe other countries nothing? I would think that your five year's old would understand that this is not the case.

I don't say take their sick, poor, and disabled. But this illegal alien was neither of those.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:33 AM

Quote:
I still do not see a good argument that why this family should be deported, other than the repetitive cry: but..."he is illegal". And for $40K a year, his work is hardly slavery.

I would like to see some people who has had slaves as their ascendants. Do you think that Benicar's argument to compare this illegal alien to a happy slave correctly acknowledges the conditions that your fathers/grandfathers who were slaves were in?
Obviously, my analogy of the propaganda being used by the profiteers of illegal aliens, and the tactics the plantation owners would have used if possible, created a swishing sound. I understand.

As a descendant of slaves, I think I can use slavery as an analogy without it being considered an affront to Black Americans or to my ancestors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration