Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 10:46 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,766,608 times

Advertisements

Im having a hard time believing the OP is for real.
Nothing wrong with americans learning spanish/french/german etc..
But how about immigrants to this country learning english???
And for the person who mentioned Canada,I know probably 12-25 people in..
Canada and they hate Quebec,there's plenty of bad feeling there.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:07 AM

1,986 posts, read 4,066,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
..Yes kids and the young generations love Spanish. Spanish classes are growing in high school. Everyone wants to learn Spanish...
Sorry, mine LOVES languages, and she is taking FRENCH and studying ITALIAN, GERMAN and DUTCH, but NOT Spanish.

In fact, the spanish class is the smallest of 4 languages offered in our local high school. It's phasing out. Chinese is the latest language of interest around high schools.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
It's not bad to know other languages - so what prevents them from learning English?
Excellent point. What is their excuse? ILLITERACY. THEN GO BACK AND SPEAK MEXICAN WHERE THEY BELONG.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Most illegals are like "bottom of society" from Mexico. Many of these people are semi illiterate and do not want to assimilate. My parents immigrated to the US legally and made every effort to assimilate, I feel American more than anything but I have to say that your family background is very important. My parents are both college educated and professionals. I think it would be a bit unrealistic for us to expect a Mexican "peasant" to learn English and assimilate a foreign culture. I guess, ignorance and lack of education are definite hurdles for them!
Absolutely no excuse. I would NEVER learn Spanish to communicate with ANYBODY in my own country. We speak English here.
Quote:
Lets see the high school in my neighborhood 95 % white has 12 spanish classes and 1 french class.
Let's see, the high school in MY neighborhood has one Spanish I class, three French I classes, two Chinese I classes, three Latin I classes. All the languages except Spanish go to AP level. Spanish goes to 4 because of lack of interest. Must be we live in a more educated area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Question for ya. Would it be real Spanish, or the bastardized version of Spanish spoken by the millions of illegal immigrants?
That's the truth. I have a friend from Spain. She and her boyfriend (Also from Spain) went to Mexico for a few days out of curiosity. They thought since they were both Spanish speaking Spaniards, they would have no trouble communicating. WRONG. They couldn't even ask for directions. They said it was a miserable experience. Mexicans don't understand a bit of real Spanish.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:15 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Quote:
Yes kids and the young generations love Spanish. Spanish classes are growing in high school. Everyone wants to learn Spanish. Hispanics will be the Majority in this country in the future and nothing will stop that.

If you want to be part of this society you will need to know Spanish. If not you will be like an old computer.

Welcome to America where dreams come true!!!!
Since when is 30% the majority?

As for learning Spanish in order to be able to communicate with the new majority......I have to question that. After all, I am told time and time again on this very forum by latino individuals and illegal apologists that Spanish speaking people are assimiliating and learning English -- if they weren't lying, then why would Spanish suddenly become a necessity?

At anyrate, as far as only Spanish being taught in schools or being the most popular language to take...well, it is no secret that Spanish is considered the easiest language and that the smart kids took Russian, German and Latin. Spanish was considered the shop class of the language arts department. Hate to burst your bubble, but there we are.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:28 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Since when is 30% the majority?

As for learning Spanish in order to be able to communicate with the new majority......I have to question that. After all, I am told time and time again on this very forum by latino individuals and illegal apologists that Spanish speaking people are assimiliating and learning English -- if they weren't lying, then why would Spanish suddenly become a necessity?

At anyrate, as far as only Spanish being taught in schools or being the most popular language to take...well, it is no secret that Spanish is considered the easiest language and that the smart kids took Russian, German and Latin. Spanish was considered the shop class of the language arts department. Hate to burst your bubble, but there we are.
How true! Why do you think I continued taking it? You couldn’t find an easier elective in the academic curriculum.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:37 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
How true! Why do you think I continued taking it? You couldn’t find an easier elective in the academic curriculum.
Yeah, I took Spanish also just for that reason.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:09 PM

50,276 posts, read 47,032,885 times
As bad as these anchors want everything changed to suit them, it's not going to.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:46 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Yes kids and the young generations love Spanish. Spanish classes are growing in high school. Everyone wants to learn Spanish. Hispanics will be the Majority in this country in the future and nothing will stop that.

If you want to be part of this society you will need to know Spanish. If not you will be like an old computer.

Enjoy your fantasies

Remember: it would behoove Mexico to make learning English mandatory due to it (probably) losing more of its territory to the USA

Old 05-28-2009, 12:53 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Question for ya. Would it be real Spanish, or the bastardized version of Spanish spoken by the millions of illegal immigrants?
Something else the DREAMies tend to forget is if the USA indeed went 'Hispanic'---------more than likely the Mestizos let alone Indians would wind up losing their rights due to the White supremacy of Hispanc culture.

As it is; the birthrate SoB is almost at replacement level---------same as the USA. So simple demographics would doom the 'morenitos' (little brown ones).

Read that be care what you la raza types wish for: you may just get it much much to your sorrow.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:05 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
Quote:

i think that americans will actually need to learn chinese in the future instead of spanish. just because you wish something to be true does not mean that it is true.......
i suggest that mexican citizens learn english instead because they will be trying very hard to come over here when mexico's oil fields collapse, which should happen in approximately 5 years or less.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:32 PM

569 posts, read 1,669,153 times
Quote:

Part of THIS society??? You mean OUR society. Is that the one you are referring to? The broken down third world society that the illegals are bringing here from Mexico and S. America will never be MY society. Instead of coming here and breeding like rabbits and cockroaches on American's hard working backs they should be learning English and becoming part of the society we worked so hard to set up for ourselves. Not the other way around. We don't buy into third world culture. How can these people set up any kind of a successful society when they come from garbage dumps and totally failed in their own countries? Just for the record, Americans will only tolerate so much. Even we have our breaking point and when that happens look out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration