U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 07:12 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,832,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
Speak Mexican? You just showed you true colors. Sometimes is better not to speak because you may sound ignorant. Mexican is not a language. I think you were trying say Spanish.
Golden rule apply here? Practice what you preach ? Unless you have a crystal ball or an ouija board stuffed up your ass you have no clue what anybody is trying to say. Somehow you don't sound like the pinnacle of intelligence yourself.

Whats that old saw about glass houses and throwing rocks? True colors indeed.......:

Old 05-28-2009, 07:16 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,353,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgibbs42 View Post
It won't be Spanish but Russian or Chinese.
By 2030 we may very well be part of China.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:20 PM

21,148 posts, read 37,397,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
By 2030 we may very well be part of China.
That I doubt.

Why I say that is China's poverty makes Mexico look like Malibu, Ca. by comparison. ca. 80-90% of all Chinese are essentially hillbillies.

We are discussing barely over 20 years here for China to get its act together.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:24 PM

2,257 posts, read 1,802,619 times
There really is no harm in being bilingual or even trilingual. Learning another language is always good -- as an individual, it makes you more marketable. It doesn't have to be Spanish either; learn French, German or Chinese....I guarantee you'll benefit from it.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:27 PM

379 posts, read 531,210 times
The Census people state that 47% of all children in the U.S. under the age of 5 are minorities. The Census takers don't calculate the number of illegals (around 11.2 million), so the numbers are far worse, I imagine. Those are sobering figures. I can't wrap my mind around them. That means that in just a few short years, our nation- what's left of it- is going to drastically change. I for one will not learn Spanish just because the Border Patrol won't do it's job.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:36 PM

7,020 posts, read 10,104,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17271 View Post
The Census people state that 47% of all children in the U.S. under the age of 5 are minorities. The Census takers don't calculate the number of illegals (around 11.2 million), so the numbers are far worse, I imagine. Those are sobering figures. I can't wrap my mind around them. That means that in just a few short years, our nation- what's left of it- is going to drastically change. I for one will not learn Spanish just because the Border Patrol won't do it's job.
+1.

It has gotten to the point that it sounds like shrill jibberish on the rare occasions that I hear it. I thank God everyday that my neighborhood has not been overrun with illegal aliens (especially spanish speakers). I have also figured out a way to get around hearing it when I have to call customer service.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:40 PM

709 posts, read 1,573,868 times
Why should I learn Spanish when I have no interest what so ever in working at a fast food restaurant. Being fluent in Spanish is only important in the U.S if you are applying for a low pay minimum wage job that is dominated by illegal immigrants, like the fast food industry for example.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:53 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,431,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
Speak Mexican? You just showed you true colors. Sometimes is better not to speak because you may sound ignorant. Mexican is not a language. I think you were trying say Spanish.
So just who is the ignorant one? Mexican spanish is bastardized castillian spanish. People from Spain can't even understand Mexcians. So people from Mexico speak Mexican spanish or just Mexican, if you will.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:21 PM

142 posts, read 196,694 times
Quote:
The Census people state that 47% of all children in the U.S. under the age of 5 are minorities.
Don't worry, hate groups all over the world know that.

Quote:
The Census takers don't calculate the number of illegals (around 11.2 million), so the numbers are far worse, I imagine.
Ahh, to many people of color! Quick, lets take a page out of Nazi Germany and build up the white race! (sarcasm)

Quote:
Those are sobering figures. I can't wrap my mind around them. That means that in just a few short years, our nation- what's left of it- is going to drastically change.
Yes, people of color ruin our great white nation. (sarcasm)

Quote:
I for one will not learn Spanish just because the Border Patrol won't do it's job.
Spanish is not Central or South AMerican. It comes from across he ocean .

Old 05-28-2009, 08:23 PM

34,909 posts, read 31,952,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Corinthians127 View Post
Don't worry, hate groups all over the world know that.

Even the Christian hate groups. There are many of those too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration