Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 08:25 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17271 View Post
The Census people state that 47% of all children in the U.S. under the age of 5 are minorities. The Census takers don't calculate the number of illegals (around 11.2 million), so the numbers are far worse, I imagine. Those are sobering figures. I can't wrap my mind around them. That means that in just a few short years, our nation- what's left of it- is going to drastically change. I for one will not learn Spanish just because the Border Patrol won't do it's job.
Although; as time goes on, it would not surprise me to see American Black children no longer counted as a 'minority' since Blacks as a group are advancing up the socio-economic ladder quite rapidly in recent years.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:31 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,066,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
Speak Mexican? You just showed you true colors. Sometimes is better not to speak because you may sound ignorant. Mexican is not a language. I think you were trying say Spanish.
Well, well, well. You aren't smart enough to figure out that I was making a point that mexicans don't speak true Spanish? They speak mexican spanish. It isn't the same. Einstein.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:02 PM

569 posts, read 1,669,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
Why should I learn Spanish when I have no interest what so ever in working at a fast food restaurant. Being fluent in Spanish is only important in the U.S if you are applying for a low pay minimum wage job that is dominated by illegal immigrants, like the fast food industry for example.
This is not necessarily true and it depends on where you are. In South Florida and Miami in particular it's hard to get any job if you do not speak Spanish fluently. Most jobs say bilingual required. A friend of mine lost a high level IT job (over $100K) in Miami because he does not speak Spanish. It is happening more and more. It's just plain wrong. This is America not Mexico or Guatemala. Learn our language instead.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:05 PM

4,116 posts, read 3,146,899 times
Quote:
Yes kids and the young generations love Spanish. Spanish classes are growing in high school. Everyone wants to learn Spanish. Hispanics will be the Majority in this country in the future and nothing will stop that.

If you want to be part of this society you will need to know Spanish. If not you will be like an old computer.

Welcome to America where dreams come true!!!!

SI

Old 05-28-2009, 09:18 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,636 times
Quote:
Yes kids and the young generations love Spanish. Spanish classes are growing in high school. Everyone wants to learn Spanish. Hispanics will be the Majority in this country in the future and nothing will stop that.

If you want to be part of this society you will need to know Spanish. If not you will be like an old computer.

Welcome to America where dreams come true!!!!
You know I never see other ethnic groups other than Hispanics toot their horn about becoming the ethnic majority in America. Is that your dream.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:54 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
You know I never see other ethnic groups other than Hispanics toot their horn about becoming the ethnic majority in America. Is that your dream.
Fear hiding behind machismo along with a delusional sense of entitlement.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:01 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
The truth is, if not for massive illegal immigration, they would not be the largest minority in this country. Actually, we shouldn’t even count illegals, or their millions of U.S.-born offspring.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:38 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
It's not bad to know other languages - so what prevents them from learning English?
Stupidity, laziness. Total lack of curiousity about the country they now live in. And the fact that the welfare social workers all speak Spanish to them.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Speak Mexican? You just showed you true colors. Sometimes is better not to speak because you may sound ignorant. Mexican is not a language. I think you were trying say Spanish.
You are showing your true colors. Many Americans are not in the least offended when there is a distinction between American English and English English. If someone says "Speak American" it's perfectly fine. No one has a problem with the idea that Americans speak differently than the Brits. Yes we can understand them but we have our own way of speaking, words we use that they don't use.

You have a real problem with your country of origin. Not only do you refuse to live there, work there and build it into a better place, you find it some kind of insult to think that Mexicans have their own form of Spanish distinct from Spain's.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Since when is 30% the majority?

As for learning Spanish in order to be able to communicate with the new majority......I have to question that. After all, I am told time and time again on this very forum by latino individuals and illegal apologists that Spanish speaking people are assimiliating and learning English -- if they weren't lying, then why would Spanish suddenly become a necessity?

At anyrate, as far as only Spanish being taught in schools or being the most popular language to take...well, it is no secret that Spanish is considered the easiest language and that the smart kids took Russian, German and Latin. Spanish was considered the shop class of the language arts department. Hate to burst your bubble, but there we are.
Bingo!! That's exactly it. They aren't assimilating, they have no desire to learn or adapt. They refuse to learn the language of this country and are getting quite hostile in insisting that all Americans must learn their ways to accomodate them.

Where I live you see a lot of that attitude. They come here and never learn a word of English, never will. They'll live off welfare handouts rather than make the effort to learn anything new. They're fine with seeing their children drop out of school before high school -- anything but learn English.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration