U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 11:59 PM

13,733 posts, read 29,744,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17271 View Post
The Census people state that 47% of all children in the U.S. under the age of 5 are minorities. The Census takers don't calculate the number of illegals (around 11.2 million), so the numbers are far worse, I imagine. Those are sobering figures. I can't wrap my mind around them. That means that in just a few short years, our nation- what's left of it- is going to drastically change. I for one will not learn Spanish just because the Border Patrol won't do it's job.
Just as illegals aren't counted in the census, there are many of us citizens who aren't counted in it either. As far as I know nobody in my family participated in the last one.

Don't put much faith in the census.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:13 AM

709 posts, read 1,547,855 times
Quote:
Bingo!! That's exactly it. They aren't assimilating, they have no desire to learn or adapt. They refuse to learn the language of this country and are getting quite hostile in insisting that all Americans must learn their ways to accomodate them.

Where I live you see a lot of that attitude. They come here and never learn a word of English, never will. They'll live off welfare handouts rather than make the effort to learn anything new. They're fine with seeing their children drop out of school before high school -- anything but learn English. Today 09:43 PM

I felt like I was in a foreign country when I was visited the predominantly Hispanic cities of Miami, El Paso, and Los Angeles. I felt more culturally at home in Australia than I did in those 3 so-called "American" cities. Atleast in Australia most people on the streets still speak English, lol. I can not say the same for Miami, L.A, and El Paso.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:15 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,048,124 times
No US immigration trend from one country has lasted for 50 years. I don't think Mexico will be the exception.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:31 AM

31 posts, read 51,338 times
Well I used to live in L.A. and the Hispanic there never even made an attempt to learn English, I don't know how the nation is going to be bilingual if the Hispanics are monolingual with no attempt to learn any other language, let alone the de facto national language of the nation they reside. I just kept hearing "the U.S. had no official language" by people that defended those for not learning English, I guess you could use that as an excuse, but I sure wouldn't'.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:26 AM
Yac

5,885 posts, read 6,332,655 times
Guys, please don't feed the trolls. If you find a thread like this, with zero facts and just an emotional statement that's supposed to get you all excited and up in arms, simply ignore it. It will be taken care of rather sooner than later but until it does, just don't give the troll the satisfaction.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration