Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 09:35 AM

439 posts, read 616,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Another delusional "Atzlan" "Reconquista" person.Badly in need of demographic studies and basic arithmetic tutoring.

Keep fooling yourself and think that by living in your bubble everything will be like in the 1940's

Old 05-28-2009, 09:35 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,571,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
Yes kids and the young generations love Spanish. Spanish classes are growing in high school. Everyone wants to learn Spanish.
In your dreams!

Old 05-28-2009, 09:36 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,306,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
It's not bad to know other languages - so what prevents them from learning English?
Most illegals are like "bottom of society" from Mexico. Many of these people are semi illiterate and do not want to assimilate. My parents immigrated to the US legally and made every effort to assimilate, I feel American more than anything but I have to say that your family background is very important. My parents are both college educated and professionals. I think it would be a bit unrealistic for us to expect a Mexican "peasant" to learn English and assimilate a foreign culture. I guess, ignorance and lack of education are definite hurdles for them!

Old 05-28-2009, 09:38 AM

439 posts, read 616,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
In your dreams!

Lets see the high school in my neighborhood 95 % white has 12 spanish classes and 1 french class.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:40 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Lets see the high school in my neighborhood 95 % white has 12 spanish classes and 1 french class.
It was the same in the 60's and 70's. Spanish was offered more than any other foreign language.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:40 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Quote:
Yes kids and the young generations love Spanish. Spanish classes are growing in high school. Everyone wants to learn Spanish. Hispanics will be the Majority in this country in the future and nothing will stop that.

If you want to be part of this society you will need to know Spanish. If not you will be like an old computer.

Welcome to America where dreams come true!!!!
So do you think America should be more like Mexico? That wonderful place South of our border where people are fleeing in droves because of widespread corruption and lack of decent work?

Old 05-28-2009, 09:44 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,306,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
So do you think America should be more like Mexico? That wonderful place South of our border where people are fleeing in droves because of widespread corruption and lack of decent work?
Hell no! My parents left the 3rd world behind because the US was/is so much better. This 3rd world culture sucks and we are so much more civilized than that. I have to admit that I have experienced this 3rd World culture in places like El Paso, and some other places in New Mexico and it is horrible! We do not need little Mexico in this country, if you want to build Mexico lindo in the USA, go back to Mexico lindo!

Old 05-28-2009, 09:48 AM

10,179 posts, read 11,159,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Most illegals are like "bottom of society" from Mexico. Many of these people are semi illiterate and do not want to assimilate.

There you go - They DON"T want to assimilate..Well too bad for them.

There are many who don't want to Assimilate in speaking Spanish.

So, why would Citizens who don't know the Spanish Language - be forced to learn it?

It's being forced in schools now. It was an option when I went to school.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:08 AM

1,448 posts, read 3,105,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
The OP could have given the rest of us non Hispanics some reasons why becoming majority Hispanic in America is reason to celebrate or look forward to.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:10 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Quote:
Yes kids and the young generations love Spanish. Spanish classes are growing in high school. Everyone wants to learn Spanish. Hispanics will be the Majority in this country in the future and nothing will stop that.

If you want to be part of this society you will need to know Spanish. If not you will be like an old computer.

Welcome to America where dreams come true!!!!

Question for ya. Would it be real Spanish, or the bastardized version of Spanish spoken by the millions of illegal immigrants?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration