U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 10:16 AM

435 posts, read 537,253 times

Advertisements

Yes kids and the young generations love Spanish. Spanish classes are growing in high school. Everyone wants to learn Spanish. Hispanics will be the Majority in this country in the future and nothing will stop that.

If you want to be part of this society you will need to know Spanish. If not you will be like an old computer.

Welcome to America where dreams come true!!!!

Old 05-28-2009, 10:20 AM

974 posts, read 1,355,281 times
My kids do not know spanish, I do not know spanish. I do however speak german, italian, and some greek. And so do my children.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:22 AM

20,490 posts, read 26,638,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaerin View Post
My kids do not know spanish, I do not know spanish. I do however speak german, italian, and some greek. And so do my children.

If you can speak Italian you can converse in Castillian Spanish.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:22 AM

3,437 posts, read 5,361,402 times
There are plenty of ignoramuses here who think that speaking a different language is BAD, this is the kind of ignorance that a lot of the old, uneducated baby boomers were brainwashed with. I still think that English should be the official language but I can understand how Spanish will be everywhere in the future. Bilingualism is good! Canada has been doing it for years and even their national anthem is sung in both English and French!

Old 05-28-2009, 10:23 AM

103 posts, read 121,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
Yes kids and the young generations love Spanish. Spanish classes are growing in high school. Everyone wants to learn Spanish. Hispanics will be the Majority in this country in the future and nothing will stop that.

If you want to be part of this society you will need to know Spanish. If not you will be like an old computer.

God Bless Los Estados Unidos de America.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:28 AM

6,739 posts, read 8,559,783 times
It's not bad to know other languages - so what prevents them from learning English?

Old 05-28-2009, 10:30 AM

746 posts, read 828,514 times
It won't be Spanish but Russian or Chinese.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:32 AM

2,492 posts, read 4,806,051 times
Quote:

What year will Hispanics become the majority. According the to the US census, Hispanics (now at 15%) will be 30% of the population in 2050.
http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/www/releases/archives/population/012496.html

Why would I not "be part of this society" if I can't speak the native language of 30% of the population? I'll be long gone by 2050...

Everyone wants to learn Spanish? Really? It is offered in my kids school and some students take it, but others take French or Latin...

How is this the American Dream? Do you expect Hispanics to succeed in the united states unable to speak English? Seems that a hispanic parent that does not have their children educated to speak English is doing them a disservice...

Old 05-28-2009, 10:32 AM

3,730 posts, read 5,110,640 times
Quote:
Hispanics will be the Majority in this country in the future and nothing will stop that.
Another delusional "Atzlan" "Reconquista" person.Badly in need of demographic studies and basic arithmetic tutoring.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:34 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,848,271 times
Quote:

More reconquista BS. I know, “we are an aging population, and we aren’t having babies”. . .

In case you don’t know, Spanish has been taught in schools in this country for many many years. This is not a new phenomenon. I took it myself from the 5th grade through my first semester in college. I was even a member of the Spanish Club in high school. So what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration