U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 04:05 PM

14,205 posts, read 7,402,658 times

Advertisements

Sioux City Journal : Brother, 5, played possum during toddler's slaying (http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/articles/2009/05/28/news/top/b206144c09d49520862575c400059ea3.txt - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 04:23 PM

223 posts, read 254,036 times
I have nothing but anger and hate for this SOB. The brother is going to have horrible guilt and issues stemming from this traumatic experience.
I not only hate this monster for what he did, but also for hurting the Hispanic community with this actions.
Now, this horrible tragedy will be used by the nativists to drum up fear and hate of not just illegals, most of which do not do these crimes, but also of all Hispanics.

In hurting an innocent child, he sets back an entire community that is just as sickened and angered by this disgusting crime as I am.

No words can express how much pain that family will be going through, I can only hope the child is resting in peace.
I hope this guy ends up in prison without protective custody, and word spreads that his victim was a child. I hope La Eme exacts the right kind of justice on this p.o.s. behind bars.

Old 05-28-2009, 04:39 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechicano View Post
I have nothing but anger and hate for this SOB. The brother is going to have horrible guilt and issues stemming from this traumatic experience.
I not only hate this monster for what he did, but also for hurting the Hispanic community with this actions.
Now, this horrible tragedy will be used by the nativists to drum up fear and hate of not just illegals, most of which do not do these crimes, but also of all Hispanics.

In hurting an innocent child, he sets back an entire community that is just as sickened and angered by this disgusting crime as I am.

No words can express how much pain that family will be going through, I can only hope the child is resting in peace.
I hope this guy ends up in prison without protective custody, and word spreads that his victim was a child. I hope La Eme exacts the right kind of justice on this p.o.s. behind bars.
On THIS we are in total agreement. This lowlife piece of excrement deserves to be gang raped every minute of his miserable life.

Old 05-28-2009, 04:50 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:

Try reading the multitude of similar stories on the illegal alien crime wave thread. Perhaps that will help you to understand why those of us against illegal immigration are so angry. Here's a sample:

Quote:
| 5-24-09 |
A 29-year-old man accused of raping and suffocating a 3-year-old girl inside the South Sioux City home where her family was sleeping Saturday morning was in an Iowa jail Sunday, awaiting extradition to Nebraska.
De Jesus Melisio-Camacho was arrested in Sioux City, Iowa, around 6 a.m. Saturday, less than an hour-and-a-half after South Sioux City police got a call from the hospital where the girl was pronounced dead. She had been taken there by family.
Authorities have not released the victim’s name or address, but said both parents and two siblings were in the house at the time of the attack.
South Sioux City Police Chief Scot Ford said Sunday he believes the girl’s family and Melisio-Camacho’s family were friends in Mexico.

The victim’s brother, just a few years older than she, was able to provide information that helped police locate the suspect quickly.
“The perp broke into the house, sexually assaulted the child by raping and sodomizing her and then the child was killed. We believe by suffocation,” Ford said

3-year-old Neb. girl raped, killed as family slept (importing crime alert)

Old 05-28-2009, 04:54 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Quote:

I normally avoid the "violent crime" stuff; I don't see it as particularly relevant to illegals as a whole, EXCEPT, of course, that if they weren't here, they'd commit NO crimes here, at all. Nevertheless, I know that only a small percentage of illegals are truly violent criminals, in the sense that they physically harm others.

However, your above sentence got my notice. Angry and disgusted as you are by the actions of this individual, you nevertheless note that even with the extreme rarity of his crime, he STILL "...sets back an entire community".... Most Hispanics are not criminals; most illegals aren't violent. Yet this one person has 'set back an entire community'.

I'm not sure that's true....this person's actions don't 'set back' a community, in my eyes. But what about illegals....not a 'rare' issue, but an extremely common one...and HEAVILY represented among a certain 'community', out of all proportion to their numbers. Now THAT, I can see as "setting back a community"...And I say this, even though this fact impacts upon me personally, and those I love.

Of course, violent predators are WAY different from those here illegally. But one is EXTREMELY rare...while the other occurs in the MULTIPLE MILLIONS...so which one is more likely to be associated with a 'community' in the minds of the public...and which one should that 'community' go to some effort to distance itself from?....Seems like an easy one to me...

Old 05-28-2009, 05:09 PM

435 posts, read 536,029 times
If you going to post a rape by and Illegal alien I can post thousands by American Citizens. Whats your point? I guess it's alright to rape someone if you are legal? rape and murder is the same no matter who does it.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:16 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
If you going to post a rape by and Illegal alien I can post thousands by American Citizens. Whats your point? I guess it's alright to rape someone if you are legal? rape and murder is the same no matter who does it.
Good idea. So if we just clear the USA of all American citizens....send them all 'packing', as it were....then we'll have solved MOST of our crime problem, since MOST of our crimes are, in fact, caused by American citizens.

Thanks for reminding me why I've generally 'retired' from the forum....I still 'audit' it now and then, but points like yours are just WAY over my head.....

Old 05-28-2009, 05:36 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,033,451 times
Quote:

If you look at the story, you will see three different people involved. First the parents of the little girl - legal immigrants from mexico - who thought they were doing a kindness by housing this illegal immigrant till he got on his feet. Then there is the illegal himself who people would (or are repeatedly told to) automoatically assume that he is just here for a better life - or face being called racists. Then there is the cop who arrested the sonofab hours after the murder --- he was of latino heritage.

I don't see this reflecting badly on Americans/legal immigrants of hispanic descent at all. This does reflect badly on the concept of open borders though. Without control of the border we are allowing god knows who in -- this guy for instance, why was he leaving Mexico? How many little girls did he rape there? How many did he murder? Was he escaping justice? By allowing the border to remain porous we as a society have had a hand in murdering that little girl. Of course not all illegals are murderers - but if this guy was unable to sneak across the border that little girl would be alive today. And that is what puts a human face on the illegal immigration debate.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:39 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,033,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
Of course not. But, we are stuck with them aren't we? So why would it be a good idea to import more?
How about closing the border and making people prove who they are and that they do not have a criminal record before allowing them to immigrate? Or is that racist/nativist/xenophobic too? Remember, the little girl was latina and her parents were legal mexican immigrants. The murderer who sodomized a three year old was illegal. Does that make it a little harder for you to excuse now?

Old 05-28-2009, 06:04 PM

223 posts, read 254,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
If you look at the story, you will see three different people involved. First the parents of the little girl - legal immigrants from mexico - who thought they were doing a kindness by housing this illegal immigrant till he got on his feet. Then there is the illegal himself who people would (or are repeatedly told to) automoatically assume that he is just here for a better life - or face being called racists. Then there is the cop who arrested the sonofab hours after the murder --- he was of latino heritage.

I don't see this reflecting badly on Americans/legal immigrants of hispanic descent at all. This does reflect badly on the concept of open borders though. Without control of the border we are allowing god knows who in -- this guy for instance, why was he leaving Mexico? How many little girls did he rape there? How many did he murder? Was he escaping justice? By allowing the border to remain porous we as a society have had a hand in murdering that little girl. Of course not all illegals are murderers - but if this guy was unable to sneak across the border that little girl would be alive today. And that is what puts a human face on the illegal immigration debate.
So we shouldn't automatically assume that people aren't rapists and murderers?

Should we keep an eye on immigrant looking people, while keeping our back to the obvious citizens? Aren't most cases of child molestation committed by people close to the family? How can you avoid this kind of tragedy?
Kicking all illegals out of the country, since they are the ones we should be worried about harming our children?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or