U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-04-2009, 06:17 AM
 
Location: Reeds Spring, MO
968 posts, read 880,519 times
Reputation: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Law enforcement racially profiles people all the time. If they are looking for illegal aliens, who are overwhelmingly Hispanic and male in this state, they are not likely to stop me, a white Jewish female. It would be a waste of their time. The odds of a random white female being an illegal alien are pretty low. So, you are in favor of wasting time and money? That would appear to be the case, you already condone illegal activity, why not waste taxpayer money while you're at it?

I never said being an illegal immigrant was worse than killing someone nor have I called illegals animals or condoned shooting them on sight nor did I assume you were illegal just because you are Hispanic. I was born and raised in Texas honey; I have known plenty of Hispanic people whose families have been in this country longer than mine has. I was not born yesterday and I would appreciate it if you would stop force-feeding me words. I am full already.

However, I do condone rounding illegals up, sob stories and all, and putting them on the first bus/plane back to their country of origin whether it is Mexico, Algeria, Australia, Japan, China, wherever. Illegals have no right whatsoever to be present in this country. I do not care how hard they work. They should not be here. They need to leave. Today.

This is a great post, and is the feelings of 99.99% of all posters on this board. Well said.

 
Old 06-04-2009, 06:45 AM
 
Location: NYC
472 posts, read 581,204 times
Reputation: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Law enforcement racially profiles people all the time. If they are looking for illegal aliens, who are overwhelmingly Hispanic and male in this state, they are not likely to stop me, a white Jewish female. It would be a waste of their time. The odds of a random white female being an illegal alien are pretty low. So, you are in favor of wasting time and money? That would appear to be the case, you already condone illegal activity, why not waste taxpayer money while you're at it?

I never said being an illegal immigrant was worse than killing someone nor have I called illegals animals or condoned shooting them on sight nor did I assume you were illegal just because you are Hispanic. I was born and raised in Texas honey; I have known plenty of Hispanic people whose families have been in this country longer than mine has. I was not born yesterday and I would appreciate it if you would stop force-feeding me words. I am full already.

However, I do condone rounding illegals up, sob stories and all, and putting them on the first bus/plane back to their country of origin whether it is Mexico, Algeria, Australia, Japan, China, wherever. Illegals have no right whatsoever to be present in this country. I do not care how hard they work. They should not be here. They need to leave. Today.
Again, letting emotions get the best of you. I'm not even going to waste my time anymore. Just like somoene else said here 99.99% of the posters on this forum agree with each other. You can all stick together and be merry. I thought the point of having forums was to have discussions but if a discussion is defined by not listening to what others have to say, unless they agree with you 100% then is really not really worth my time and/or energy to argue with you. By the way, I'm not your "honey" and would appreciate it if you don't refer to me as "honey".
 
Old 06-04-2009, 06:50 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,157 posts, read 25,104,990 times
Reputation: 3624
Quote:
Originally Posted by gf1025 View Post
You know how many languagues are sponken in the USA? In case you didn't here ya' go: Languages of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So you are now claiming that speaking several languages is causing poverty in Africa?
By the way all the Countries mentioned are:

A) Canada, IS A COMMONWEALTH OF THE UK! and it has 2 OFFICIAL languages.
b) Barbados -- ALSO A COMMONWEALTH OF ENGLAND
c) Bermuda -- ALSO A COMMONWEALTH

So, please is no coincidence here, if you have a "big brother" to help you out, you can't compare any of these countries to others which aren't commonwealths.
As for Canada: that nation is showing signs of possibly breaking up due to Quebec. And too; Quebec is trying (unsuccessfully I may add) to effectively relegate English to second status-----------just that many of the younger people there prefer English.

Read that take away the laws protecting French and it would die out within one generation in that province.
 
Old 06-04-2009, 07:21 AM
 
46 posts, read 36,193 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The moment they pop out that first anchor baby, they qualify.

Why else do you think they're breeding like bunnies? They certainly aren't taking the crappy dirt paying jobs that no American wants and having huge families because they're actually supporting those large families on those dirt low wages.

The cost of living in the USA is very very high. Mexicans in Mexico have fewer kids because they don't have a generous welfare system there but also the responsible hard working people in Mexico are creating the growing middle class of that country, they aren't sneaking over the borders.
You're wrong the cost of living here is problably the most affordable in the world, in every single country with a per capita income higher than ours, the cost of living is truly high, only a few cities here; SF, nyc, Boston have a relatively high cost of living, and if you have no income you can always live in a trailer park. The phenomenon that there are so many homeless anglos is likely the result of poor family support combined with heavy substance abuse in the anglo community.

Last edited by corre-caminos; 06-04-2009 at 07:22 AM.. Reason: typo
 
Old 06-04-2009, 07:54 AM
 
47,586 posts, read 32,320,522 times
Reputation: 21463
Quote:
Originally Posted by corre-caminos View Post
You're wrong the cost of living here is problably the most affordable in the world, in every single country with a per capita income higher than ours, the cost of living is truly high, only a few cities here; SF, nyc, Boston have a relatively high cost of living, and if you have no income you can always live in a trailer park. The phenomenon that there are so many homeless anglos is likely the result of poor family support combined with heavy substance abuse in the anglo community.
No. Health care costs alone are much higher in the USA than in Mexico if you're paying anything for your health care.

It doesn't take $12,000 a year to educate one child back in Mexico. It's much much cheaper. Tortillas in Mexico are cheaper than here.

We're actually not getting many immigrants from those countries with a per capita income higher than ours. We're getting them from places where the cost of living is much cheaper. Well -- of course the welfare handouts changes that that, we give completely free health care to them but that health care is very costly.
 
Old 06-04-2009, 07:59 AM
 
47,586 posts, read 32,320,522 times
Reputation: 21463
Quote:
Originally Posted by gf1025 View Post
Again, letting emotions get the best of you. I'm not even going to waste my time anymore. Just like somoene else said here 99.99% of the posters on this forum agree with each other. You can all stick together and be merry. I thought the point of having forums was to have discussions but if a discussion is defined by not listening to what others have to say, unless they agree with you 100% then is really not really worth my time and/or energy to argue with you. By the way, I'm not your "honey" and would appreciate it if you don't refer to me as "honey".
Your side is the emotional side.

The truth is when an illegal is repatriated, it's not the end of the world. Most come from Mexico which is a decent enough country in spite of the claims of the pro-illegal side.

When they find themselves back in their country, many will make a couple attempts to cross back over, if they don't make it, they very often will hop on a bus and go back to loved ones, get back to working. If they return home with young children, the children certainly know the language from their parents and will adapt quite well, they will attend the schools there, they have health care on a sliding scale according to income -- not all completely free like they got used to having here but it's affordable.

There are laws regarding immigration in virtually all countries and for good reason. Immigration is fine but it has to be orderly, fair -- and of course legal.
 
Old 06-04-2009, 08:06 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,157 posts, read 25,104,990 times
Reputation: 3624
Quote:
Originally Posted by corre-caminos View Post
You're wrong the cost of living here is problably the most affordable in the world, in every single country with a per capita income higher than ours, the cost of living is truly high, only a few cities here; SF, nyc, Boston have a relatively high cost of living, and if you have no income you can always live in a trailer park. The phenomenon that there are so many homeless anglos is likely the result of poor family support combined with heavy substance abuse in the anglo community.
On a per capita basis: I will hazard a guess that substance abuse is higher amongst Hispanics than Anglos here in the USA-----------alcoholism comes to mind.

Besides: if you are that full of contempt for us Anglos; do us all a favor and move to another country-------------we do not want your kind.
 
Old 06-04-2009, 09:53 AM
 
46 posts, read 36,193 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
On a per capita basis: I will hazard a guess that substance abuse is higher amongst Hispanics than Anglos here in the USA-----------alcoholism comes to mind.

Besides: if you are that full of contempt for us Anglos; do us all a favor and move to another country-------------we do not want your kind.

I have nothing against any group of people in particular, except for racist people, I am a white person of spanish heritage, with a doctorate, I've seen that you mention your hungarian heritage, in that case you most likely have a lot of gypsy in your blood, along with mongolian, Hungarian is by no means cosidered nordic.
 
Old 06-04-2009, 10:13 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,157 posts, read 25,104,990 times
Reputation: 3624
Quote:
Originally Posted by corre-caminos View Post
I have nothing against any group of people in particular, except for racist people, I am a white person of spanish heritage, with a doctorate, I've seen that you mention your hungarian heritage, in that case you most likely have a lot of gypsy in your blood, along with mongolian, Hungarian is by no means cosidered nordic.
Try again; according to Identigene; I am 100% White---------which surprised me as well.

Besides: I get pegged as Scandinavian a lot----------'nuff said.

As for you having a doctorate; judging by your insolent smart-ass attitude; I find it hard to believe.
 
Old 06-04-2009, 11:05 AM
 
709 posts, read 1,112,970 times
Reputation: 337
Quote:
Apparently racial and ethnic profiling is alright by you. I told you I refuse to have a discussion with anyone who only looks at me as an ethnicity. Breaking ANY law is wrong.
Have other people racially profiled you as looking like an illegal immigrant from south of the border ? If yes than how is that possible when in another thread you told me that you have a Nordic appearance. I have never met anybody with a Nordic appearance that has ever been confused for a "no hablo Ingles" illegal immgrant from Mexico or Central America. The type of people that are racially profiled as looking illegal are people who have a Mestizo/Indio appearance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top