Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 10:12 PM

486 posts, read 983,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And what seems to be generally true is that none of you want to stay in your own countries and make something of them. It's the easy money of the USA -- an English speaking country BTW -- that attracts most, not any desire to become an American or because you care about the Constitution or what it means to be an American.
Here comes, yet another ignorant comment. I think I'll stop coming to this forum because it's clear that there is nothing but ignorance and hate lurking at every turn.
First and foremost, you don't know me. You don't know why me and my family chose to emigrate to the United States. By the way, the LEGAL way, before you also start assuming that because I'm Hispanic I'm also illegal. You just don't know, so stop making generalizations. What makes you think we didn't want to help our native country? From the little that you know me what makes you believe I don't help out the rest of my family who is still there? Maybe they are making the country a better place? You don't know me! You don't know my life.
According to you what does it mean to be an American? What makes me less American than you?

Old 06-03-2009, 10:22 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gf1025 View Post
Here comes, yet another ignorant comment. I think I'll stop coming to this forum because it's clear that there is nothing but ignorance and hate lurking at every turn.
First and foremost, you don't know me. You don't know why me and my family chose to emigrate to the United States. By the way, the LEGAL way, before you also start assuming that because I'm Hispanic I'm also illegal. You just don't know, so stop making generalizations. What makes you think we didn't want to help our native country? From the little that you know me what makes you believe I don't help out the rest of my family who is still there? Maybe they are making the country a better place? You don't know me! You don't know my life.
According to you what does it mean to be an American? What makes me less American than you?
Funny you didn't see that racist post to which I was responding. Why do you people hate "anglos" so much yet insist on living in an "anglo" country instead of packing up and heading to a non-"anglo" country.

Notice -- every one of the English speaking nations are first rate nations -- so you can all stuff your hatred of the English people, I assume that's who you refer to when you spout off about "anglos". In the western hemisphere the English speaking (anglo???) countries of the USA, Canada, Bermuda, Barbados all thave the highest standard of living. So why is that?

Old 06-03-2009, 10:28 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
Do you think those statistic percentages would change if America was not allowing so many abortions? The answer is to deport illegals and close the borders. I don't think I want the law changed, but I would like to have existing laws upheld and our country protected against illegal entry. So send the parents home with these children or let the American born child stay here with another family, but stop the madness.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:44 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,906,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I have no issue with profiling to catch probable lawbreakers............if it is done respectfully

Example: most Blacks here in the USA are citizens so profiling them looking for illegal aliens is not worth the effort.
Well, at least one crime I won't be profiled for...Racial profiling is demeaning, it's never done "respectfully".

Old 06-03-2009, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Funny you didn't see that racist post to which I was responding. Why do you people hate "anglos" so much yet insist on living in an "anglo" country instead of packing up and heading to a non-"anglo" country.

Notice -- every one of the English speaking nations are first rate nations -- so you can all stuff your hatred of the English people, I assume that's who you refer to when you spout off about "anglos". In the western hemisphere the English speaking (anglo???) countries of the USA, Canada, Bermuda, Barbados all thave the highest standard of living. So why is that?
Please get your posters staight, I didn't say anything about anglos! You are responding to the wrong person, pal!

I was about to respond to your EVERY ENGLISH speaking nation comment, that's not factual. Here are some countries who are infact English Speaking nations and also have very high poverty/illiteracy rates:

Liberia -- listed as the second poorest country in the world -- The 10 Poorest Countries Of The World | HottneZ.com
Sierra Leone
Gambia
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

Now not to burst your bubble but look at this document:
http://www.unicef-irc.org/publications/pdf/iwp94.pdf

France (non-English speaking) and Continental Europe have less children's poverty than most other English Speaking countries. So please don't tell me that better quality of life is guaranteed by the language spoken on any given nation.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Please get your posters staight, I didn't say anything about anglos! You are responding to the wrong person, pal!

I was about to respond to your EVERY ENGLISH speaking nation comment, that's not factual. Here are some countries who are infact English Speaking nations and also have very high poverty/illiteracy rates:

Liberia -- listed as the second poorest country in the world -- The 10 Poorest Countries Of The World | HottneZ.com
Sierra Leone
Gambia
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

Now not to burst your bubble but look at this document:
http://www.unicef-irc.org/publications/pdf/iwp94.pdf

France (non-English speaking) and Continental Europe have less children's poverty than most other English Speaking countries. So please don't tell me that better quality of life is guaranteed by the language spoken on any given nation.

In the Western Hemisphere, the 4 nations at the top of the standard of living are the USA, Canada, Bermuda, and Barbados. Just a big coincidence they happen to be the "anglo" countries.

Liberia has 30 languages. Gambia has 9 languages. Saint Vincent has at least 2 languages. (So much for all that praise of multi-lingualism).

Old 06-03-2009, 11:23 PM

I almost left out Sierra Leone -- it has 24 languages spoken. English is just one of them, it's a very multi-lingual country like California is becoming.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:26 PM

Contrast them with Barbados where English is the official language. Bermuda's language is mainly English but others are spoken in their tourist business.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:36 PM

Quote:
In the Western Hemisphere, the 4 nations at the top of the standard of living are the USA, Canada, Bermuda, and Barbados. Just a big coincidence they happen to be the "anglo" countries.

Liberia has 30 languages. Gambia has 9 languages. Saint Vincent has at least 2 languages. (So much for all that praise of multi-lingualism).
You know how many languagues are sponken in the USA? In case you didn't here ya' go: Languages of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So you are now claiming that speaking several languages is causing poverty in Africa?
By the way all the Countries mentioned are:

A) Canada, IS A COMMONWEALTH OF THE UK! and it has 2 OFFICIAL languages.
b) Barbados -- ALSO A COMMONWEALTH OF ENGLAND
c) Bermuda -- ALSO A COMMONWEALTH

So, please is no coincidence here, if you have a "big brother" to help you out, you can't compare any of these countries to others which aren't commonwealths.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:59 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
I'm an individual, not just a Hispanic. When you address me as a person, not just an ethnic group we can have a conversation. As an American doesn't it **** you off that ethnic profiling is considered OK? After all, aren't we all supposed to be part of this fabolus "melting pot"?
I believe in the melting pot, hence why generalizations, prejudice and ignorance is insulting to me.
Quote:
I think YOU answered MY question. Apparently racial and ethnic profiling is alright by you. I told you I refuse to have a discussion with anyone who only looks at me as an ethnicity. Breaking ANY law is wrong. Now, you can stop putting me into a "catogory" as I am an individual first and foremost. The de-humanization of illegal immigrants just because they are illegal is not something I condone. Hence, no you won't get me to call them animals, advotace a "shoot on sight" law, or declare war on Mexico, like someone else suggested. Nor will I ever say that entering illegally is comparable to killing someone, for instance.
Law enforcement racially profiles people all the time. If they are looking for illegal aliens, who are overwhelmingly Hispanic and male in this state, they are not likely to stop me, a white Jewish female. It would be a waste of their time. The odds of a random white female being an illegal alien are pretty low. So, you are in favor of wasting time and money? That would appear to be the case, you already condone illegal activity, why not waste taxpayer money while you're at it?

I never said being an illegal immigrant was worse than killing someone nor have I called illegals animals or condoned shooting them on sight nor did I assume you were illegal just because you are Hispanic. I was born and raised in Texas honey; I have known plenty of Hispanic people whose families have been in this country longer than mine has. I was not born yesterday and I would appreciate it if you would stop force-feeding me words. I am full already.

However, I do condone rounding illegals up, sob stories and all, and putting them on the first bus/plane back to their country of origin whether it is Mexico, Algeria, Australia, Japan, China, wherever. Illegals have no right whatsoever to be present in this country. I do not care how hard they work. They should not be here. They need to leave. Today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration