Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 02:10 PM

486 posts, read 984,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Unfortunately, available data does not distinguish between legal and illegal Hispanic births. If you have information to support your assumption that the majority of births are to legal residents, please share.
Here are the facts:
According to the article you provided there are 5.5 million children in the US from illegal immigrants. Now let's break it down a bit, shall we?
According to PEW Hispanic, Hispanics make up for 76% of all illegal immigrants:
A Portrait of Unauthorized Immigrants in the United States - Pew Hispanic Center

Now according to the US census there are approximately 45 million hispanics in the US and 34% of them are children.
US Census Press Releases (http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/www/releases/archives/population/011910.html - broken link)

34% of 45.5 million is: 15.47 million.
Since we have a very good idea of how many hispanic children we have in the US (Children being all those under the age of 18). Is it fair to say that even if 100% of all children born to illegal immigrants were hispanic (which is not true and impossible since only 76% of illegals are Hispanic, according to PEWhispanic.org) then, how can we conclude that 50% of all hispanic children born here are born to illegal parent(s)?

Is not mathematically possible.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:19 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gf1025 View Post
Here are the facts:
According to the article you provided there are 5.5 million children in the US from illegal immigrants. Now let's break it down a bit, shall we?
According to PEW Hispanic, Hispanics make up for 76% of all illegal immigrants:
A Portrait of Unauthorized Immigrants in the United States - Pew Hispanic Center

Now according to the US census there are approximately 45 million hispanics in the US and 34% of them are children.
US Census Press Releases (http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/www/releases/archives/population/011910.html - broken link)

34% of 45.5 million is: 15.47 million.
Since we have a very good idea of how many hispanic children we have in the US (Children being all those under the age of 18). Is it fair to say that even if 100% of all children born to illegal immigrants were hispanic (which is not true and impossible since only 76% of illegals are Hispanic, according to PEWhispanic.org) then, how can we conclude that 50% of all hispanic children born here are born to illegal parent(s)?

Is not mathematically possible.
The pro-illegal Pew? C’mon, show us credible data. If you can’t give us data from an official government source, you have verified nothing. Try again.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
The pro-illegal Pew? C’mon, show us credible data. If you can’t give us data from an official government source, you have verified nothing. Try again.
Is the US census pro-illegal too?

45.5 hispanics in the US 34% of them children, so close to 16 million hispanic children, ever since when is 5.5 million 50% of 16 million? 'nuff said.
In case you missed it:
This was a US Census Release:
http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/www/releases/archives/population/011910.html (broken link)

Old 05-30-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Is the US census pro-illegal too?

45.5 hispanics in the US 34% of them children, so close to 16 million hispanic children, 'nuff said.
That is NOT the same as stating that the majority of Hispanic births are by legal residents. C'mon, stop playing games. I have already told you they do not distinguish between legal and illegal.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:32 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,411 times
I heard on the radio today 22% of children in the US under 5 are Hispanic.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
That is NOT the same as stating that the majority of Hispanic births are by legal residents. C'mon, stop playing games. I have already told you they do not distinguish between legal and illegal.
You brought up the USAToday article, the USA today article got their information from PEW hispanic. So is ok to use that as a reliable source when it suits you? Oh it says, 5.5 million illegals so it works for you. However, when I bring up a different study they made is not valid or reliable (I didn't even know of PEWHispanic's existance until it was mentioned on the article you provided). So they are OK for some and not for others? Most illegals don't register with the census, they are too afraid to do so, is all over the news, why is the government constantly lobbying to get them "out of the shadows"? because they can't account for them properly. How are people accounted for? Thru the Census. Yet, even if they are counted using the article YOU posted: 5.5 million children and according to the census: 16 million Hispanic children as of 2007. If they are counting both legal or not legal how can 5.5 be 50% of 16? The only one here that has quoted anything from the Government is me (the census), all other sources provided have been from independent studies.

Old 05-30-2009, 03:03 PM

Quote:
You brought up the USAToday article, the USA today article got their information from PEW hispanic. So is ok to use that as a reliable source when it suits you? Oh it says, 5.5 million illegals so it works for you. However, when I bring up a different study they made is not valid or reliable (I didn't even know of PEWHispanic's existance until it was mentioned on the article you provided). So they are OK for some and not for others? Most illegals don't register with the census, they are too afraid to do so, is all over the news, why is the government constantly lobbying to get them "out of the shadows"? because they can't account for them properly. How are people accounted for? Thru the Census. Yet, even if they are counted using the article YOU posted: 5.5 million children and according to the census: 16 million Hispanic children as of 2007. If they are counting both legal or not legal how can 5.5 be 50% of 16? The only one here that has quoted anything from the Government is me (the census), all other sources provided have been from independent studies.
Did I, or did I not, state that there is no available data? The article I referenced did in fact use Pew as a source. If, according to such a pro-illegal source, we have such a high percentage of illegal alien births in this country, I would certainly be inclined to believe the percentage is even higher.

Illegal aliens ARE included in census reports, and have been for years. This year illegal aliens are trying to launch a boycott of the census in a lame attempt to force this government to grant them amnesty.

You will not find data to support your assumption; just like I will not find data to support mine. This is by design. They don’t want us to know the truth.

Old 05-31-2009, 05:09 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
which is what might just happen.

it already happens actually.

so the people that most assume are illegal, actually have papers.

you just NEVER know...

Spare me the guilt trip. If Spanish speaking latinos are viewed as 'probable illegals' it just may have to do with the enormous number of illegals being latino. Period. Add to that fact latino organizations such as la raza and mecha and all the other latino organizations that have nothing to do with one another except the inclusion of the phrase 'la raza' somewhere in their names primary objective is to legalize illegal immigrants (which again are primarily latino) and to oppose any and all attempts to block said illegals entries into this country via our southern border.

As to the existence of 'boomarangs' if you will - of course some if not most come back. But they have the legal right to, they - unlike their parents - are American citizens by birth.

Old 05-31-2009, 05:13 PM

223 posts, read 300,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Spare me the guilt trip. If Spanish speaking latinos are viewed as 'probable illegals' it just may have to do with the enormous number of illegals being latino. Period. Add to that fact latino organizations such as la raza and mecha and all the other latino organizations that have nothing to do with one another except the inclusion of the phrase 'la raza' somewhere in their names primary objective is to legalize illegal immigrants (which again are primarily latino) and to oppose any and all attempts to block said illegals entries into this country via our southern border.

As to the existence of 'boomarangs' if you will - of course some if not most come back. But they have the legal right to, they - unlike their parents - are American citizens by birth.
Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Why justify developing prejudice?
Most illegals are Hispanic, most Hispanics aren't illegal.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:15 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,411 times
In 2002, immigrant women (legal and illegal) from the top-10 immigrant-sending countries had 2.9 children on average, compared to a fertility rate of 2.3 children in their home countries -- a 23-percent difference.

Among Mexican immigrants in the United States, for example, fertility averages 3.5 children per woman compared to 2.4 children per women in Mexico. Among Chinese immigrants, fertility is 2.3 in the United States compared to 1.7 in China. Immigrants from Canada have 1.9 children compared to 1.5 children in Canada.

While immigrants from the top-10-sending countries have more children than women in their home counties, for immigrants from three countries -- India, Vietnam, and the Philippines -- immigrant fertility is lower in the United States than in their home countries.

Center for Immigration Studies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration