U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 01:17 PM

1,986 posts, read 3,477,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Manuel Maldonado illegally crossed the border a decade ago to flee drug dealers in his native Mexico who wanted him dead. He found refuge in the United States. He also found Jesus Christ, leading him to a new calling: pastor in the immigrant community.

"People are living here with a lot of fear from the authorities," he said in Spanish, sitting in his west Phoenix trailer home, minutes before an evening service. "God is using me to give them the word of God. And that word can give them peace in their life, can give them tranquillity."

"The fact I placed a foot on this ground is because God led me here. It's because he has a plan," he said. "I know you can say it's illegal and all of that. But it's because God led me here."
A couple things.

First, don't you wonder why drug dealers want him dead? And that was BEFORE he found religion, so my guess is it isn't good.

Second, God doesn't tell people to break the law to suit themselves. Convenient how people blame wrongdoing on God. It's like God says: "Go forth and break the laws of the land. Reap illegally what you want for yourself and flourish on the fear of other illegals like you. Use my name to further your agenda."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 01:22 PM

6,739 posts, read 8,562,250 times
Well goody for him. Let him preach to himself all the way back to Mexico...

Old 05-29-2009, 06:17 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,102,891 times
lets boot this guy already.

christians

GOD aint told you to do SQUAT!
thats ridiculous.

maybe he should pray that God speak to the Narcos threatening him...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

Old 05-29-2009, 06:32 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,854,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post

christians

thats ridiculous.

LOL! You reminded me of this joke.

THE ATHEIST AND THE BEAR

An atheist was taking a walk through the woods, admiring all that the "accident of evolution" had created.

"What majestic trees! What powerful rivers! What beautiful animals!", he said to himself. As he was walking alongside the river he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him. He turned to look. He saw a 7-foot grizzly charge towards him. He ran as fast as he could up the path. He looked over his shoulder and saw that the bear was closing, He ran even faster, so scared that tears were coming to his eyes. He looked over his shoulder again, and the bear was even closer. His heart was pumping frantically and he tried to run even faster. He tripped and fell on the ground. He rolled over to pick himself up but saw the bear right on top of him, reaching for him with his left paw and raising his right paw to strike him.

At that instant the Atheist cried out "Oh my God!...."
Time stopped. The bear froze. The forest was silent. Even the river stopped moving.

As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came out of the sky, "You deny my existence for all of these years; teach others I don't exist; and even credit creation to a cosmic accident. Do you expect me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count you as a believer?"

The atheist looked directly into the light "It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask You to treat me as Christian now, but perhaps could you make the bear a Christian?" "Very well," said the voice.

The light went out. The river ran again. And the sounds of the forest resumed.

And then the bear dropped his right paw ..... brought both paws together...bowed his head and spoke: "Lord, for this food which I am about to receive, I am truly thankful."

Old 05-29-2009, 07:05 PM

804 posts, read 1,177,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If drug dealers wanted him dead then there is a whoooooooooole bunch about this guy's history in question. Drug dealers want other drug dealers dead, no one else.
Yup, undercover cops and witnesses get a free ride. Drug dealers are generous like that.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:11 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,941,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
A couple things.

First, don't you wonder why drug dealers want him dead? And that was BEFORE he found religion, so my guess is it isn't good.

Second, God doesn't tell people to break the law to suit themselves. Convenient how people blame wrongdoing on God. It's like God says: "Go forth and break the laws of the land. Reap illegally what you want for yourself and flourish on the fear of other illegals like you. Use my name to further your agenda."

Mexico has a similar saint, San Malverde. Drug traffickers pray to him to give them a safe journey into the USA, safe means that border patrol doesn't find their loads of meth and pot.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:19 AM

32,992 posts, read 30,252,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
Yup, undercover cops and witnesses get a free ride. Drug dealers are generous like that.
Did you actually read it, it does say exactly why.

Maldonado said he was a worthless man in Mexico. He started drinking and smoking marijuana around age 12. He was selling drugs by 16. At 23, men wanted to kill him over deals gone sour.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:44 AM

1,986 posts, read 3,477,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Did you actually read it, it does say exactly why.

Maldonado said he was a worthless man in Mexico. He started drinking and smoking marijuana around age 12. He was selling drugs by 16. At 23, men wanted to kill him over deals gone sour.
LOLOL, Kinda blows the 'undercover cop or witness' out of the water, doesn't it.

Give it another try, Kellam

Old 05-30-2009, 09:44 AM

807 posts, read 1,119,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post

christians

thats ridiculous.

YES!! The man obviously has some drug dealers that "Want him dead" and crossed into the U.S. because of this.. NOT to work or better himself but because DRUG Dealers wanted him dead!! What does that say about his character?
As a Christian, I am insulted that this man appears to be using God for selfish means.. Maybe he should return to Mexico and talk to his own people about God? Maybe he should reach out to at risk youth in Mexico? No, Instead he chooses to stay in the U.S. and use "God" as a free pass.. Nice!

Old 05-30-2009, 10:55 AM

974 posts, read 1,356,111 times
Benicar I have to LOL at your post. That joke is great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration