U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 08:20 PM

1,150 posts, read 990,803 times

Advertisements

To do things the right way they have to be married two years before the foreign spouse can apply for citizenship, then they must prove they have a residence in common, and take and pass the test. The same rule should apply to those who want to dump their spouses claiming abuse. If they haven't yet become naturalized, they should be deported. If they were abused, surely it would be better to be back home with their families than live with the abuser.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 09:04 PM

306 posts, read 640,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This is actually rather sad. If you’re single. . . . beware!

Former Agent Calls Sham Marriages 'Epidemic' - cbs4denver.com (http://cbs4denver.com/investigates/marriage.foreign.sham.2.1021765.html - broken link)
It's the other way around if you're an American or Canadian WOMAN.

If you're a single woman looking for a foreign man to marry you, you have nothing to worry about. Well, from this agent's point of view.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:48 PM

3,847 posts, read 3,161,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
I don't quite understand this, why would people go so far to find someone who was brought up in a culture so different than your. If you live over there for a while and know what you are getting into ok, but to go over there and go to a "marriage broker" seems a little desperate.

It's not like it's difficult to find someone here, there's quite a bit of single people here... many of them really interesting.
It's easy to see why ,a Dorky,middle aged,out of shape loser who couldn't get a date here or has weird quirks no sane woman would put up with would be delusional enough to believe a hot 20 something with a great bod would fall madly in love with him.How many times has there been news programs with midddle aged and elderly American pervs going on sex tours overseas?These guys are delusional and a lot of them probably believe prostitutes are interested in them also.They're half right,they'll stick around until the moneys gone or a better offer comes up.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:26 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,085,289 times
Quote:

Former Agent Calls Sham Marriages 'Epidemic' - cbs4denver.com (http://cbs4denver.com/investigates/marriage.foreign.sham.2.1021765.html - broken link)

Was the Mail order husband ever put up on charges of domestic abuse?

what if the scam is the mail order hsuband is in on it...Sasha sends fiance money, he sends for her, the quick marry, he gets a weding night from Sasha, they split and shes here legally and hubby is checking out the mail order for wife no 2...

Sasha is gone so hubby is off the Abuse charge...police think she scammed everybody...but LE was the scammed. She Dancing or pro-ing out at some guys strip joint.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:28 PM

1 posts, read 578 times
I am a living example of it, we were married for 1.5 years and she told me 3 weeks before she did it a friend told her to do it. we had a fight and i called the Police to my house, the dispatcher heard her yelling on the phone and the cops came fast.. that did nothing for me because i am Black and she is white from Brazil. we went to court the Police report showed nothing of me touching her but the Judge gave her everything she asked for......now i cant go back to a Law Enforcement job because of it.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:36 PM

6,936 posts, read 6,990,802 times
Quote:

Sad? Maybe.

This has been happening for generations. Nothing new. I do feel sorry for the chumps, men and women alike, who are so desperate they fall for this type of scam.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:15 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
This ain't nothing new, but sad the great lengths people will go to for love. Years and years ago, i knew of a case, sad one at that, where this happened, i do not know the nationality of the women in question i do know she was 23 at the time, The man, not quite sure of his age, but at least 13 years older.

The marriage was ok for a while, they lived in O.C. and things seemed good. But there was always something there, just could not put your finger on it.

Lo and behold, one day while the husband was at work, this women, cleaned him literally of house and home, taking everything with her. He worked for a moving company. He came home from work, and was literally shaken visibly, everything he had ever worked for was gone.

She took everything, furniture, from glasses, to every day dinnerware, pots and pans, you name it she took it. It is very sad, for the cases where the women really does love the Man, and he wants nothing more then a trophy wife, and for the Man who truly loves the women from another place, and she wants nothing more then to take him for everything he's got. And then dump him.
Sad that so many are really so desperate to find that thing you call love.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:36 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi62lt View Post
I am a living example of it, we were married for 1.5 years and she told me 3 weeks before she did it a friend told her to do it. we had a fight and i called the Police to my house, the dispatcher heard her yelling on the phone and the cops came fast.. that did nothing for me because i am Black and she is white from Brazil. we went to court the Police report showed nothing of me touching her but the Judge gave her everything she asked for......now i cant go back to a Law Enforcement job because of it.
There's a Mexican radio station for illegals where they suggest doing just that for the purpose of getting a U visa.

One woman caller was talking about how she had HIV from her first husband which she found out when she was pregnant with her first child. She had another child with him, he died from AIDS, and she got with another guy and had two more kids and she gave him HIV but luckily for the kids they were all negative.

She was afraid of being deported and since her boyfriend was angry at her when he found out about the HIV, they suggested she file a domestic abuse case against him so she could get the U visa and stay.

Another case, a guy was found with drugs and they suggested he claim someone planted the drugs on him, that way he could be a victim and be given the U visa.

The sad thing is that there has to be some kind of police report so the U visa seeker can claim victimhood easily.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:22 PM

23,599 posts, read 31,143,716 times
Quote:

Unfortunately this has been going on for many many years. Russian, Ukrainian, Thai, and Filipino women are especially notorious for it.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:13 AM

475 posts, read 379,803 times
This been happening since the 80's, nothing new. I dont know why you are all surprised. One of my friends marry a girl just for the papers. She pay him 25.000 dollars and when she got the papers they got divorced. Well, after you get it you have to wait at least 2 years to get divorced. But after she got her papers they never saw each other again after those 2 years to fill the divorce. People do it ALL THE TIME. I dont see anything wrong with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or