Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 09:48 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
I was responding to your claim that the days of the ACLU no longer fight for the rights of US citizens. That's absolute rubbish and you embarrass yourself by posting it.
Ok, perhaps I could have worded it differently, because they do in fact champion for U.S. citizens who are pedophiles, homosexuals, or anti-Christian. However, my primary objection to them is their illegal alien advocacy. Can you offer anything to refute my claim?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 09:54 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
And what is there about the word "illegal" do you not understand? Why would any group stand up for something that is a sin and wrong? Any group helping those breaking the law should have its members arrested.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:00 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Ok, perhaps I could have worded it differently, because they do in fact champion for U.S. citizens who are pedophiles, homosexuals, or anti-Christian. However, my primary objection to them is their illegal alien advocacy. Can you offer anything to refute my claim?
I'm not addressing illegal alien advocacy, I'm addressing your misrepresentation of the ACLU.

The ACLU champions free speech, among the other rights granted in our Constitution. When they fight for the right of one American to exercise his free speech, they champion the right of all Americans to exercise our free speech. Like it or not, we all have that right, even pedophiles. That's what our Constitution says.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
I'm not addressing illegal alien advocacy, I'm addressing your misrepresentation of the ACLU.

The ACLU champions free speech, among the other rights granted in our Constitution. When they fight for the right of one American to exercise his free speech, they champion the right of all Americans to exercise our free speech. Like it or not, we all have that right, even pedophiles. That's what our Constitution says.
And I’m not addressing free speech. This is the Illegal Immigration Forum. If you can’t refute my claim that the ACLU, aka the Illegal Alien Civil Liberties Union, defends illegal immigration, then there is no need for further discussion.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:13 AM

Quote:
And I’m not addressing free speech. This is the Illegal Immigration Forum. If you can’t refute my claim that the ACLU, aka the Illegal Alien Civil Liberties Union, defends illegal immigration, then there is no need for further discussion.
If you have issues with any activity the ACLU takes that you feel defends illegal immigration, then discuss it. But don't continue to misrepresent what the ACLU is and what they do.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:16 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
If you have issues with any activity the ACLU takes that you feel defends illegal immigration, then discuss it. But don't continue to misrepresent what the ACLU is and what they do.
I have to side with Benicar here: and I too am a lapsed liberal.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Clearly, you are unable to produce evidence to refute my claim that the ACLU advocates for illegal aliens. Thus, my dialogue with you has ended.

Old 05-30-2009, 12:21 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,852,462 times
Quote:
Clearly, you are unable to produce evidence to refute my claim that the ACLU advocates for illegal aliens. Thus, my dialogue with you has ended.
I've also tried searching for any evidence that suggests that the ACLU has done anything to oppose illegal immigration.

So far, I learned that they they've publicly opposed E-Verify & 287(g) yet they supported the amnesty bills and the DREAM Act? Why do they support legislation that would grant any governmental support to illegal aliens if they're so committed to defending our laws?

Can someone provide any evidence suggesting that the ACLU has done ANYTHING to oppose illegal immigration?

Old 05-30-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I have to side with Benicar here: and I too am a lapsed liberal.
"Side" how? Misrepresent what the ACLU does? That's not "siding" that's validating misinformation -- lies, even.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:24 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,852,462 times
Quote:
"Side" how? Misrepresent what the ACLU does? That's not "siding" that's validating misinformation -- lies, even.
Misrepresented the fact the the ACLU has done very little to nothing when it comes to opposing illegal immigration while at the same time supporting legislation that would grant governmental support for illegals such as the amnesty bills and DREAM Act?

Last edited by antireconquista; 05-30-2009 at 02:15 PM.. Reason: grammar corrections
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration