U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 01:44 PM

4,059 posts, read 3,772,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Misrepresentat the fact the the ACLU has very little to nothing when it comes to opposing illegal immigration while at the same time supporting legislation that would grant governmental support for illegals such as the amnesty bills and DREAM Act?
That's a question? Or a statement?

I'm going to guess a question.

The American Civil Liberites Union addresses issues of denial of civil rights. What civil rights violations are involved in illegal immigration? If there are some, they will side with those whose rights are being violated, regardless of which side that is.

Last edited by Sagran; 05-30-2009 at 02:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 02:06 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,582,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
That's a question? Or a statement?

I'm going to guess a question.

The Aerican Civil Liberites Union addresses issues of denial of civil rights. What civil rights violations are involved in illegal immigration? If there are some, they will side with those whose rights are being violated, regardless of which side that is.
They've publicly come out against the use of E-Verify (despite it being 96%) and opposed the 287(g) program. Since when was using E-Verify to verify a potential employee's ID a violation of civil rights? Since when was the 287(g) program in which federal government and local police work together on illegal immigration verifications a violation of any rights?

They also supported the DREAM Act. Why? Illegal aliens are criminals who have no right to be here and shouldn't be granted certain services while being in the US illegally. Why do they support granting services to illegals?

In addition, I don't think I've ever read about the ACLU defending someone who sued illegals or was being sued by illegals. For some reason(s), the ACLU seems to ignore those issues.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
They've publicly come out against the use of E-Verify (despite it being 96%) and opposed the 287(g) program. Since when was using E-Verify to verify a potential employee's ID a violation of civil rights? Since when was the 287(g) program in which federal government and local police work together on illegal immigration verifications a violation of any rights?

They also supported the DREAM Act. Why? Illegal aliens are criminals who have no right to be here and shouldn't be granted certain services while being in the US illegally. Why do they support granting services to illegals?

In addition, I don't think I've ever read about the ACLU defending someone who sued illegals or was being sued by illegals. For some reason(s), the ACLU seems to ignore those issues.
Once again, I am not discussing the illegal immigration. I am discussing your incorrect characterization of the ACLU.

Rant on all you want about how you disagree with any positions the ACLU may or may not have taken regarding illegal immigration, just don't claim they do nothing for American citizens anymore. That statement is a misrepresentaion of the facts.....that means it's a lie.

Last edited by Sagran; 05-30-2009 at 02:32 PM..

Old 05-30-2009, 02:24 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,582,681 times
Quote:
Once again, I am not dicussing the illegal immigration. I am discussing your incorrect characterization of the ACLU.

Rant on all you want about how you disagree with any positions the ACLU may or may not have taken regarding illegal immigration, just don't claim they do nothing for American citizens anymore. That statement is a misrepresentaion of the facts.....that means it's a lie.
My incorrect characterization of the ACLU? I've never, nor anyone else, has mentioned that they opposed free speech. I do know that many years ago they fought to allow Neo-Nazis to march in Skokie, IL and for other hate groups to spew their messages.

The fact of the matter is that while they do support certain civil rights they've also begun opposing proposals that would stop illegal immigration and supporting some proposals that would grant services to illegal aliens while taking on quite a left-wing agenda.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:28 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
My incorrect characterization of the ACLU? I've never, nor anyone else, has mentioned that they opposed free speech. I do know that a many years ago they fought to allow Neo-Nazis to march in Skokie, IL and for other hate groups to spew their messages.

The fact of the matter is that while they do support certain civil rights they've also begun supporting illegal aliens, opposing proposals that would stop illegal immigration and supporting some proposals that would grant services to illegal aliens.
You are wasting your time. He/She has visited the Illegal Immigration Forum; yet, refuses to discuss illegal immigration. What does that tell you?

Old 05-30-2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
My incorrect characterization of the ACLU? I've never, nor anyone else, has mentioned that they opposed free speech. I do know that many years ago they fought to allow Neo-Nazis to march in Skokie, IL and for other hate groups to spew their messages.

The fact of the matter is that while they do support certain civil rights they've also begun opposing proposals that would stop illegal immigration and supporting some proposals that would grant services to illegal aliens while taking on quite a left-wing agenda.
Better go back a read post 15, 17, 18, 20....find out what comments I'm objecting to and the only thing I am discussing.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You are wasting your time. He/She has visited the Illegal Immigration Forum; yet, refuses to discuss illegal immigration. What does that tell you?
If you want me to stay out of your threads, don't lie. I'm only here because I noticed you misrepresenting the truth.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:49 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
If you want me to stay out of your threads, don't lie. I'm only here because I noticed you misrepresenting the truth.
Do us all a favor please and quit Trolling.

The reality is that the ACLU shot itself in the foot by defending illegal aliens------------they are criminals and need to leave the USA.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:49 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
No one said you have to stay out of the threads. However, if you refuse to discuss illegal immigration, then you can only be here for one reason -- and itís NOT to defend the honor of the ACLU. Give it up.

Old 05-30-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
No one said you have to stay out of the threads. However, if you refuse to discuss illegal immigration, then you can only be here for one reason -- and it’s NOT to defend the honor of the ACLU. Give it up.
Reading comprehension issues?? My only reason for being here is to defend the ACLU. How do you not understand that?

And why do you think I was here???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration