U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Support Passage of the DREAMAct?
Yes, they were brought here are innocent children 37 24.03%
No, they are nothing more than the 2nd generation of illegal alien criminals 117 75.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 09:10 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
The fact that there are millions of lives, the fact that there are billions of dollars, the fact that this can help change the global north/south divide.

We also had slavery. We also had residential segregation. We also had operation W E T B A C K.

But, of course, you only see it in a simplistic view not taking all things into consideration.
And what does kicking illegal aliens out of the USA have to do with slavery and Jim Crow? Comparing what American Blacks had to go through to a bunch of insolent lawbreakers who have no business being here in the first place is an insult to the former-----------and, YOU know that.

As for the north/south divide: till the cultures in question change----------the hell with 'em. Either their birthrates decline or their death rates zoom back up. It is as simple as that. And I take it you are referring to parts of Africa and Asia? Latin American culture is White Euro based-----------like ours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
No it's not emotion or opinion. It's fact. You can't simply say "that's merely your opinion" when the facts are presented. You even claim that there are millions of lives. You even stated that there are billions of dollars. These are facts.

Also, clearly you have little to no knowledge of social theories so global north/south probably meant little to nothing to you. However, many "southern" nations show that increased educated diaspora MAY (again MAY) help said nations. Since many do indeed move back and encourage social change. India is a prime example. As is China. Many educated people have moved back, spurring social change.

It' odd that you use the word emotional than invoke themes of hyper-nationalism. Meaning that instead of using logic, reason, and facts...you rely on hyperbole and patriotism (emotional responses).
Your desperation about the amnesty window closing is growing.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:16 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
No it's not emotion or opinion. It's fact. You can't simply say "that's merely your opinion" when the facts are presented. You even claim that there are millions of lives. You even stated that there are billions of dollars. These are facts.

Also, clearly you have little to no knowledge of social theories so global north/south probably meant little to nothing to you. However, many "southern" nations show that increased educated diaspora MAY (again MAY) help said nations. Since many do indeed move back and encourage social change. India is a prime example. As is China. Many educated people have moved back, spurring social change.

It' odd that you use the word emotional than invoke themes of hyper-nationalism. Meaning that instead of using logic, reason, and facts...you rely on hyperbole and patriotism (emotional responses).
I never said anything about millions of lives or billions of dollars in the context you are using them in your post. What are you talking about?

My priorities are with the state of our own nation. I'll leave you to worry about everyone else. Especially those who only use our nation anyway. If they need social changes then they had better figure out how to do in their own countries without invading ours.

Yes, I am a patriot but I also use common sense of which you have exchanged for misplaced emotionalism for illegal foreigners rather than your own countrymen.

Old 12-12-2009, 09:21 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,076,921 times
I never said anything about millions of lives or billions of dollars in the context you are using them in your post. What are you talking about?

I simply stated that there are millions of lives involved and billions of dollars. Did I not? Nothing more, nothing less. It's really not that difficult of a point.

In the past YOU mentioned that there are millions of immigrants and billions of dollars involved.

My priorities are with the state of our own nation. I'll leave you to worry about everyone else. Especially those who only use our nation anyway. If they need social changes then they had better figure out how to do in their own countries without invading ours.

If the people are in the nation, they are of national concern. Again, keep down the emotion...nobody is "invading". We have contributed to part of the problem of the disparity between the global north and south. We should at least try to somewhat rectify this.

Yes, I am a patriot but I also use common sense of which you have exchanged for misplaced emotionalism for illegal foreigners rather than your own countrymen.

No it's misplaced emotionalism. That's simply what it is.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:47 PM

Quote:

I simply stated that there are millions of lives involved and billions of dollars. Did I not? Nothing more, nothing less. It's really not that difficult of a point.

In the past YOU mentioned that there are millions of immigrants and billions of dollars involved.

If the people are in the nation, they are of national concern. Again, keep down the emotion...nobody is "invading". We have contributed to part of the problem of the disparity between the global north and south. We should at least try to somewhat rectify this.

No it's misplaced emotionalism. That's simply what it is.
Yes, these illegals are of national concern but does that mean we should be forced to allow them to stay in our country? The other option is deportation as our laws demand. When millions and milions of illegals have violated our borders and soveirgnty as a nation that constitutes and "unarmed" invasion.

No "we" (your everyday law abiding American) has not contributed to this problem. It is mostly our government and they don't appear to represent us anymore. Yes, we should rectify this problem as in my above paragraph.

Glad you agree that your views are "misplaced emotionalism.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:54 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quite simply the dream act should not be passed for 1 very good reason.
It rewards criminal behavior. The behavior of the parent. The behavior of the illegal child.
Our immigration laws are more than fair by world standards. We take in more legal immigrants than any other single nation and by a wide margin. This would indicate that it is in fact not impossible to enter legally and those who enter illegally are unworthy of the gift.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:27 PM

Yes, these illegals are of national concern but does that mean we should be forced to allow them to stay in our country? The other option is deportation as our laws demand. When millions and milions of illegals have violated our borders and soveirgnty as a nation that constitutes and "unarmed" invasion.

This is too ridiculous to even comment on. I will say that if subsequent generations assimilate (which they do) that does not constitute an invasion of any sort.

No "we" (your everyday law abiding American) has not contributed to this problem. It is mostly our government and they don't appear to represent us anymore. Yes, we should rectify this problem as in my above paragraph.

Yes, we have. If you ever bought anything made in the 3rd world, yes. This is not a bad thing, it simply is what it is.

Two words: reading comprehension. Your common sense is emotional at best. Illogical really. Not common sesne.

Old 12-13-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:

This is too ridiculous to even comment on. I will say that if subsequent generations assimilate (which they do) that does not constitute an invasion of any sort.

Yes, we have. If you ever bought anything made in the 3rd world, yes. This is not a bad thing, it simply is what it is.

Two words: reading comprehension. Your common sense is emotional at best. Illogical really. Not common sesne.
Your desperation is palpable. Obviously; the pro illegal aide is losing the war of public opinion hence its inane comments.

Old 12-13-2009, 03:44 PM

Quote:

Nothing ridiculous about calling an illegal alien an invader whether or not they assimilate at one point.

Buying something from a third world country does make one an advocate for illegal aliens.

No, you are the one viewing things through emotionalism for illegal aliens. I am using common sense why they shouldn't be here and need to be deported. It is the law! I don't give a crap about their sob stories as you do. I care about the sob stories of Americans who have been impacted by this illegal invasion.

Old 12-13-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Your desperation is palpable. Obviously; the pro illegal aide is losing the war of public opinion hence its inane comments.
What desperation? The one where a bear from Arizona posts things off topic, baseless, and frankly ridiculous? That one?

Please at least contribute intelligently to the conversation. You are making your "side", but mostly you, look idiotic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or