U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Support Passage of the DREAMAct?
Yes, they were brought here are innocent children 37 24.03%
No, they are nothing more than the 2nd generation of illegal alien criminals 117 75.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 03:50 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,076,327 times

Advertisements

Nothing ridiculous about calling an illegal alien an invader whether or not they assimilate at one point.

You're right, it's not ridiculous, it's VERY ridiculous.

Buying something from a third world country does make one an advocate for illegal aliens.

Learn a little about the global economy.

No, you are the one viewing things through emotionalism for illegal aliens. I am using common sense why they shouldn't be here and need to be deported. It is the law! I don't give a crap about their sob stories as you do. I care about the sob stories of Americans who have been impacted by this illegal invasion.

INVASION!!! ARGH!!! LAWS!!!

Pot, i'd like you to meet kettle. There was more I was going to write, but it would've stoked the flames of the fires that are your illogical arguments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 03:52 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
What desperation? The one where a bear from Arizona posts things off topic, baseless, and frankly ridiculous? That one?

Please at least contribute intelligently to the conversation. You are making your "side", but mostly you, look idiotic.
If you take offence to my posts: use the Report feature. I use it from time to time

PS: in the eyes of an illegal alien apologist: I do look 'idiotic'-----------which does not hurt my feelings

Old 12-13-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
If you take offence to my posts: use the Report feature. I use it from time to time

PS: in the eyes of an illegal alien apologist: I do look 'idiotic'-----------which does not hurt my feelings
No I don't take offense, it's just that you go off topic, and you do look idiotic. Many people have passed PMs to me about you. Not just on my "side"
either.

Trying to help you out.

That's a little rough of me, but I should say that some of your posts don't help your case. Maybe not idiotic, but again, it doesn't really help...but more hurts.

Old 12-13-2009, 04:48 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:
Nothing ridiculous about calling an illegal alien an invader whether or not they assimilate at one point.

You're right, it's not ridiculous, it's VERY ridiculous.

Buying something from a third world country does make one an advocate for illegal aliens.

Learn a little about the global economy.

No, you are the one viewing things through emotionalism for illegal aliens. I am using common sense why they shouldn't be here and need to be deported. It is the law! I don't give a crap about their sob stories as you do. I care about the sob stories of Americans who have been impacted by this illegal invasion.

INVASION!!! ARGH!!! LAWS!!!

Pot, i'd like you to meet kettle. There was more I was going to write, but it would've stoked the flames of the fires that are your illogical arguments.
Invasion = infringement by intrusion.

So if I buy something made in China I am advocating the illegal invasion of our country by foreigners from Mexico? Now who is being ridiculous?

Yeah, damn those immigration laws. They are such an incovenience, aren't they?

Your arguments are so illogical and anti-American that I wouldn't even know where to start.

Old 12-13-2009, 05:20 PM

If the people assimilate, which they do, it's not an invasion.

So if I buy something made in China I am advocating the illegal invasion of our country by foreigners from Mexico? Now who is being ridiculous?

Okay let me BRIEFLY explain, since you wouldn't understand an indepth explanation:

Most capital is from the global North (Europe, Canada, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Japan).

This funds production in the global south (Malaysia, Mexico, et al.).

The majority of money thus goes back to the wealthier nations. Thus, increasing disparity and increases the possibility of illegal immigration.

Huh? They just need to be changed to benefit all people inside of our nation.

Your arguments are so illogical and anti-American that I wouldn't even know where to start.

Anti-American? And you call me emotional...

Old 12-13-2009, 05:29 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:

If the people assimilate, which they do, it's not an invasion.

Okay let me BRIEFLY explain, since you wouldn't understand an indepth explanation:

Most capital is from the global North (Europe, Canada, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Japan).

This funds production in the global south (Malaysia, Mexico, et al.).

The majority of money thus goes back to the wealthier nations. Thus, increasing disparity and increases the possibility of illegal immigration.

Huh? They just need to be changed to benefit all people inside of our nation.

Anti-American? And you call me emotional...
Just how daft can you get? An invasion is an initial act. Anything that happens afterwards as assimilation is totally unrelated to the initial act of intrusion. So if I rob a bank but become friends with the bank employees, I am no longer a bank robber? Geesh!

Our immigration laws should be changed to accomodate illegal invaders already here? Maybe we should no longer make bank robbery a felony then to accomodate bank robbers? I am done with your idiocy. If you are an American you should be ashamed of yourself.

Old 12-13-2009, 05:31 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Just how daft can you get? An invasion is an initial act. Anything that happens afterwards as assimilation is totally unrelated to the initial act of intrusion. So if I rob a bank but become friends with the bank employees, I am no longer a bank robber? Geesh!

Our immigration laws should be changed to accomodate illegal invaders already here? Maybe we should no longer make bank robbery a felony then to accomodate bank robbers?
Consider the source. As I have commented on in the past; the pro illegal types are scared out of their gourds hence their desperate comments. They are grasping at straws.

Old 12-13-2009, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post

Our immigration laws should be changed to accomodate illegal invaders already here? Maybe we should no longer make bank robbery a felony then to accomodate bank robbers? I am done with your idiocy. If you are an American you should be ashamed of yourself.
Okay, once you actually obtain some basic knowledge of how the world works, then we can actually discuss. I can't really talk with people that don't have a clue. For the time being, your posts will continue to amuse me. It's nice knowing that at least I have critical thinking skills. I take comfort in my own abilities when I read your posts.

So once you read up a little bit, I can (maybe?) take you somewhat seriously, but to me you kind of like Glen Beck. A funny diversion to see how twisted and ignorant people can be. It's funny for me to see you and others get worked up with out truly understanding. It's like watching Jerry Springer, where I go away feeling better about myself.

I know that you may twist this back towards me and say you feel the same, but again it's like Hannity or Glen Beck...I just laugh and continue being amused at the train wreck that is your intellect.

I feel sad that there people who look at these debates from such a narrow prism. That they view it in such stark terms. Kind of in the same terms that children rationalize and explain things in. As an American, I feel ashamed for laughing at people like this...more of a guilty pleasure though. I try to help...you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

You amuse me, that's all.

Last edited by that1guy; 12-13-2009 at 10:33 PM..

Old 12-13-2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Consider the source. As I have commented on in the past; the pro illegal types are scared out of their gourds hence their desperate comments. They are grasping at straws.
You amuse me even more. Still in the same way, but much more so. You remind me of how precious education and critical thinking are and how we shouldn't squander it. You are my cautionary tale. Thanks.

Old 12-13-2009, 10:29 PM

411 posts, read 402,407 times
Quote:
Okay, once you actually obtain some basic knowledge of how the world works, then we can actually discuss. I can't really talk with people that don't have a clue. For the time being, your posts will continue to amuse me. It's nice knowing that at least I have critical thinking skills. I take comfort in my own abilities when I read your posts.

So once you read up a little bit, I can (maybe?) take you somewhat seriously, but to me you kind of like Glen Beck. A funny diversion to see how twisted and ignorant peopel can be. It's funny for me to see you and others get worked up with out truly understanding. It's like watching Jerry Springer, where I go away feeling better about myself.

I know that you may twist this back towards me and say you feel the same, but again it's like Hannity or Glen Beck...I just laugh and continue being amused at the train wreck that is your intellect.

I feel sad that there people who look at these debates from such a narrow prism. That they view it in such stark terms. Kind of in the same terms that children rationalize and explain things in. As an American, I feel ashamed for laughing at people like this...more of a guilty pleasure though. I try to help...you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

You amuse me, that's all.
Totally agree, very good post.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or