U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Do You Support Passage of the DREAMAct?
Yes, they were brought here are innocent children 37 24.03%
No, they are nothing more than the 2nd generation of illegal alien criminals 117 75.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 01:46 PM

8,053 posts, read 9,818,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Because granting tuition and amnesty to illegal alien children won't encourage more illegal alien parents and their children to enter illegally/overstay their visas?

Most likely it will, but if your country is not going to deport them all and they cannot go to college...

Do you see the problem here? Do you want a bunch of kids roaming about the country with no hope?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,096,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechicano View Post
Why is someone living here on an expired visa, or having crossed a treacherous path to live here going to be necessarily "devoid of morals and fraught with criminality"?
Turn off the Dobbs already.
Huh? Are you condoning those who broke the law by entering illegally/overstaying their visas?

15,181 posts, read 9,965,309 times
Quote:
These people can only think about the short term, not the long term benefit of letting these kids get educated and staying in the US.

They talk about "importing illiterate people and drop outs", yet they don't want them educated either.
I guess I'd be frustrated too if an illegal immigrant with more obstacles outdid me in education.
We are already educating them; and very few even graduate from high school, let alone attend college. If they want to attend college, fine. Let them pay for their college education at the higher foreign student rate. They certainly should not be rewarded, nor should their parents, with a path to citizenship.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:47 PM

223 posts, read 173,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Please refrain from twisting my words to suit your needs. At no time did I state that I am looking forward to violence and rioting. Either your thoughts are twisted or your level of comprehension is extremely low. Either way, those are your thoughts that you expressed not mine.
Oh no, my level of comprehension is very high, and you sound like a threat to the public.
You weren't being as subtle as you think you were.
You made it clear that you fantasize about post-amnesty rioting with lives being lost. You sounded very excited and anticipating about it.
And you also insinuated that you would take place in any violence.

I hope there isn't many people on your side that take it as far as you do.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:48 PM

223 posts, read 173,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Huh? Are you condoning those who broke the law by entering illegally/overstaying their visas?
How is that condoning?
Dictionary.com

Old 05-30-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Most likely it will, but if your country is not going to deport them all and they cannot go to college...

Do you see the problem here?
Deport all caught dreamies and illegal alien children. In addition, cut off their financial and social benefits and thus encourage the dreamies self-deport and so that they can return to their homelands and make them better places to live in than they were before.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:51 PM

15,181 posts, read 9,965,309 times
Quote:
Yes.

Consider the alternatives...

These kids have gone to high school here, have good moral character, and have been in the country for the last 5 years (Dream act criteria). Their families are illegal, but your government will not round up and deport these kids, AND their families most likely will not be able to afford out of state tuition.

That means these young kids will not go to college, but will still be in the US because nothing is going to be done to them.

What will they do, if they have no hope of going to college?

You either have to deport and keep them out, or consider them an asset. This country has chosen the latter historically.
Given the rampant fraud committed by the illegal alien community, how would we even verify their residency in this country? If the DREAM Act passed, we would be flooded with illegals entering this country ALL claiming to have been here for the required period to become eligible for a path to citizenship. I dare say, they now have criminals preparing fraudulent documentation in the event this bill is passed.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:56 PM

7,020 posts, read 6,967,629 times
Quote:
Yes.

Consider the alternatives...

These kids have gone to high school here, have good moral character, and have been in the country for the last 5 years (Dream act criteria). Their families are illegal, but your government will not round up and deport these kids, AND their families most likely will not be able to afford out of state tuition.

That means these young kids will not go to college, but will still be in the US because nothing is going to be done to them.

What will they do, if they have no hope of going to college?

You either have to deport and keep them out, or consider them an asset. This country has chosen the latter historically.
Wrong. We the American people never considered them an "asset". What the politicians considered them was a population so large that it would overwhelm the system and cost billions to get rid of them all. Thus the "FINAL" amnesty concept was born. That being said I doubt that any American would agree that any of these methodically willing criminals are the best and the brightest or worthy of amnesty. By their own continual admission they are following in their "parents" footsteps and have become nothing more than the 2nd generation of criminals:

Quote:
Frasierfred

Re: Questions about job
Well, I know a lot of employers back in NY who hired off the books almost exclusively. I am in a new area and was wondering if people had tried getting a job in this manner before. I know it is illegal, but guess what--you are illegal, and I am illegal. I am just trying to get by like everyone on this site.

I believe I have asked some valid questions that could help me understand how the process works. I am not after the basic information you provided, but some knowledge from people who know how the process works at the beaurocratic level (i.e. what sort of record does the government keep on you) or who have had a similar experience. As far as I know the only to find these things out is through inquiry, regardless of how base it may seem to you personally.

By the way, talking about idiotic--that is some blog you have there.
Questions about job - DREAM Act Portal Forums

Old 05-30-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
How is that condoning?
Dictionary.com
Quote:
Why is someone living here on an expired visa, or having crossed a treacherous path to live here going to be necessarily "devoid of morals and fraught with criminality"?
Turn off the Dobbs already.
Aren't overstaying one's visa/entering illegally both immoral and criminal acts? You seem to think otherwise.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:57 PM

8,053 posts, read 9,818,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Given the rampant fraud committed by the illegal alien community, how would we even verify their residency in this country? If the DREAM Act passed, we would be flooded with illegals entering this country ALL claiming to have been here for the required period to become eligible for a path to citizenship. I dare say, they now have criminals preparing fraudulent documentation in the event this bill is passed.

High School Records.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration