Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Support Passage of the DREAMAct?
Yes, they were brought here are innocent children 37 24.03%
No, they are nothing more than the 2nd generation of illegal alien criminals 117 75.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 09:40 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Of course NOT! Foreign students who play by the rules are required to pay higher rates than citizens; so why should we give preferential treatment to illegal aliens? I will not support any bill that will grant amnesty to illegal aliens.

Notice the DREAMies won’t touch a thread if the topic is the DREAM Act, because they hope it will fall to the bottom of the page. That’s one of the rules in DREAMland.
Agreed. Additionally, American students who attend colleges in states of which they are not residents are forced to pay out of state rates as well. Yet illegal aliens who are not legal residents of any state in the US are allowed to pay in-state rates wherever they happen to squat.
Quote:
State Legislatures Cautiously Consider In-state Rates for Undocumented Students

Maryland lawmakers take cues from California legal battles to craft a tuition policy for undocumented immigrants.

When the *University of Maryland System pondered offering in-state tuition to undocumented students, chancellor William E. Kirwan looked to California — among the early states to pass such a law — for a model. In late 2005, 42 U.S. citizen students and their parents who pay out-of-state tuition at California universities sued, saying they deserved in-state rates, too, if undocumented students received them. A lower court disagreed. But last fall, the appellate court said that AB 540 conflicted with federal law.

“You have more than 100,000 students that have been discriminated against in California,” says Michael J. Brady, the lawyer who represents the plaintiffs. “Most people understand that illegal aliens are treated equally sometimes, but they cannot understand how a U.S. citizen is treated worse than an illegal alien.”

That changed last fall, when a California appellate court ruled the law conflicts with federal law. The California Supreme Court agreed to review that decision in arguments expected to be heard late this year or next year.

Meanwhile, undocumented students in California continue to receive in-state tuition.
But states like Maryland now are avoiding that model as it sits in legal limbo in California.

http://www.diverseeducation.com/artman/publish/article_12431.shtml (broken link)

Last edited by JDubsMom; 05-30-2009 at 10:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 10:18 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Of course NOT! Foreign students who play by the rules are required to pay higher rates than citizens; so why should we give preferential treatment to illegal aliens? I will not support any bill that will grant amnesty to illegal aliens.

Notice the DREAMies won’t touch a thread if the topic is the DREAM Act, because they hope it will fall to the bottom of the page. That’s one of the rules in DREAMland.
Hmmmmmmmm...........a very interesting lil' ol' Litmus Test here indeed.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
That quoted post sure explains the palpable fear masquerading as arrogant machismo from our fresh crop of Trolls uh (probable) DREAMie losers here on City Data the last few weeks.
Truer words. We have been inundated with them lately. As Benicar stated, it's summer break. I often wonder how many hours they spend in internet cafe's trolling on CD with their numerous identities. Unfortunately, they have yet to realize that it's not hard keeping score in terms of whose who on various days. Despite their numerous screen names, their style of posting always serves as confirmation.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:28 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
I'll be $30k in student loans when i finish my BS and these crooks get a free ride?!

H^%$ NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-30-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I'll be $30k in student loans when i finish my BS and these crooks get a free ride?!

Yep.

DREAMie=criminal loser.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post

Unfortunately, that's the game plan. Unless more American college students start complaining loud and often to their members of congress, when it comes to representing your needs, they will continue to pretend that they are deaf, blind and crazy.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Unfortunately, that's the game plan. Unless more American college students start complaining loud and often to their members of congress, when it comes to representing your needs, they will continue to pretend that they are deaf, blind and crazy.
Time for some 'dancing in the streets'-------------American style?

Old 05-30-2009, 12:52 PM

223 posts, read 300,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
No, because they are nothing more than second generation criminals.

With that said, I'm not gonna lie. I feel bad for them. But rewarding criminal conduct isn't the right road to go down in any shape or form.
"No, they are nothing more than the 2nd generation of illegal alien criminals"

I didn't know criminality was hereditary and could pass down generations. Is it genetic?

Old 05-30-2009, 12:53 PM

223 posts, read 300,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Time for some 'dancing in the streets'-------------American style?
People have to get off their butt first.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:12 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechicano View Post
"No, they are nothing more than the 2nd generation of illegal alien criminals"

I didn't know criminality was hereditary and could pass down generations. Is it genetic?
There are in fact mental disorders with a genetic basis, such as schizophrenia, which could predispose one to commit acts of violence. However, the environment in which a child is raised is also a major factor. If a child is raised in an environment fraught with criminal activity, a positive correlation can be found.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration