Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Support Passage of the DREAMAct?
Yes, they were brought here are innocent children 37 24.03%
No, they are nothing more than the 2nd generation of illegal alien criminals 117 75.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 01:34 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,407,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechicano View Post
Whoa...sorry I asked...going to walk away now...good luck with that....
Just promise me you're not going to off the deep end, and pick up a gun or something.
What I will promise you is that if another amnesty is passed in the dead of the night there will be rioting and lives will be lost. That being said, without going into specifics, I will do whatever it takes to help my fellow Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 01:35 PM

223 posts, read 300,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Why is the truth such an aversion?
It's ridiculous. It's not the "truth" in this case. You're theorizing. It's really frustrating, offensive, and just irritating how evil you think these people are.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
In addition, they knowingly, via Mexican consulates, provide their illegal citizens in the US with matricula consular IDs and encourage them to use US hospitals while not even bothering to reimburse the costs: Mexico Promotes Free U.S. Healthcare For Illegal Immigrants | Judicial Watch (http://www.judicialwatch.org/http%3A//www.corruptionchronicles.com/2007/05/mexico_promotes_free_us_health_1.html - broken link)
Agreed. The number of mexican consulates in the US are not by accident but by design. It keeps the illegal aliens squatting in the US from having any excuse for returning to mexico.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:37 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,496,447 times
Yes.

Consider the alternatives...

These kids have gone to high school here, have good moral character, and have been in the country for the last 5 years (Dream act criteria). Their families are illegal, but your government will not round up and deport these kids, AND their families most likely will not be able to afford out of state tuition.

That means these young kids will not go to college, but will still be in the US because nothing is going to be done to them.

What will they do, if they have no hope of going to college?

You either have to deport and keep them out, or consider them an asset. This country has chosen the latter historically.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
What I will promise you is that if another amnesty is passed in the dead of the night there will be rioting and lives will be lost. That being said, without going into specifics, I will do whatever it takes to help my fellow Americans.
You're crazy for wanting violence and rioting. I don't know what gives you the impression that anyone except for a select number of lunatic nutjobs would riot and take lives over amnesty.

You sound like you have the same thought process as those loonies who stockpiled guns, ammo, and grenades to pick off illegals because they were sure an invasion was happening.

Maybe that's what you meant when you said "without going into specifics" with your creepy wink smiley.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Yes.

Consider the alternatives...

These kids have gone to high school here, have good moral character, and have been in the country for the last 5 years (Dream act criteria). Their families are illegal, but your government will not round up and deport these kids, their families most likely will not be able to afford out of state tuition.

That means these young kids will not go to college, but will still be in the US.

What will they do?
These people can only think about the short term, not the long term benefit of letting these kids get educated and staying in the US.

They talk about "importing illiterate people and drop outs", yet they don't want them educated either.
I guess I'd be frustrated too if an illegal immigrant with more obstacles outdid me in education.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
You're crazy for wanting violence and rioting. I don't know what gives you the impression that anyone except for a select number of lunatic nutjobs would riot and take lives over amnesty.

You sound like you have the same thought process as those loonies who stockpiled guns, ammo, and grenades to pick off illegals because they were sure an invasion was happening.
Please refrain from twisting my words to suit your needs. At no time did I state that I am looking forward to violence and rioting. Either your thoughts are twisted or your level of comprehension is extremely low. Either way, those are your thoughts that you expressed not mine.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:43 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
It's ridiculous. It's not the "truth" in this case. You're theorizing. It's really frustrating, offensive, and just irritating how evil you think these people are.
When did I as much as imply that they ALL are evil? I stated a simple fact, which is well-documented. When children are raised in an environment devoid of morals and fraught with criminality, there is a higher incidence of criminal behavior. I’m sorry if the truth offends you, but it is what it is.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:44 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,852,055 times
Quote:
These people can only think about the short term, not the long term benefit of letting these kids get educated and staying in the US.

They talk about "importing illiterate people and drop outs", yet they don't want them educated either.
I guess I'd be frustrated too if an illegal immigrant with more obstacles outdid me in education.
Because granting tuition and amnesty to illegal alien children won't encourage more illegal alien parents and their children to enter illegally/overstay their visas?

Old 05-30-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
When did I as much as imply that they ALL are evil? I stated a simple fact, which is well-documented. When children are raised in an environment devoid of morals and fraught with criminality, there is a higher incidence of criminal behavior. I’m sorry if the truth offends you, but it is what it is.
Why is someone living here on an expired visa, or having crossed a treacherous path to live here going to be necessarily "devoid of morals and fraught with criminality"?
Turn off the Dobbs already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration