U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-30-2009, 07:06 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
Uhmm, when have I put a combined amount? I don't remember doing so. I am also 25, how old are you Benicar? I would expect for me to pay much more as I age.

In your post you argue that he is selfish because he didn't pay taxes because he loved this country but because he might get a benefit out of it. So people who don't pay are stealing from the country (I agree) and those who do pay, even though if they don't there might not be repercussions, get put down by you for their reasons of paying the taxes.

Now, you pay the minimum taxes that you can, because if you don't then IRS would be on to you. And you don't give any extra because you feel that contributing the minimum that you have to is good enough.

Then, yo make a point that you are using your own SSN, how does this matter, you got one issue, he didn't. I would find more merit in someone who didn't get one, to go out of his way in order to pay taxes.


Now I find very hypocrite to put down the man's motives for paying his taxes on a SSN who is not his, while you pay the minimum amount of yours. Under this particular example you don't pay your taxes for any nobler reason than this man's.

Ok, maybe overpaying taxes was not the right way to go, since they do give the money back. What was the amount of the last undeducted donation that you have given to your government, or to a government program that you think is beneficial? You seem to care greatly about deporting illegal immigrants, so maybe there is some donations that way, What was the amount of your last donation (deducted or not) to ICE, or the Border Patrol? Do you put your money where your mouth is?

Perhaps you donít recall boasting about having paid $20k in taxes over the past ďfewĒ years on another thread, as though you had done something spectacular. If I felt like searching, I would refresh your memory.

You donít know, nor is it any of your business, what contributions I make to this country. ALL of my tax returns are in compliance with IRS and MD regulations. Thatís all you need to know. Furthermore, my age is irrelevant. I have a 17 y/o son, and would have had a 22 y/o son, so I am certainly not in your age group.

We are discussing illegal aliens. How dare you try to compare ANYTHING I do IN my country, or FOR my country, to that of a border jumping fraud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-30-2009, 07:14 PM
 
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
804 posts, read 1,174,483 times
Reputation: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Perhaps you don’t recall boasting about having paid $20k in taxes over the past “few” years on another thread, as though you had done something spectacular. If I felt like searching, I would refresh your memory.
Yes, I mentioned "over $20K/year." How you can know the total sum over several years, to compare it to what you pay is out of my knowledge.

And it was this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post


Quote:
You don’t know, nor is it any of your business, what contributions I make to this country. ALL of my tax returns are in compliance with IRS and MD regulations. That’s all you need to know. Furthermore, my age is irrelevant. I have a 17 y/o son, and would have had a 22 y/o son, so I am certainly not in your age group.
I agree I don't know, that's why I ask. Believe I will take your word for it and not ask for receipts. If you contribute the minimum, I still see no reason to put down someone who it going out of his way to pay taxes.


Quote:
We are discussing illegal aliens. How dare you try to compare ANYTHING I do IN my country, or FOR my country, to that of a border jumping fraud.
It's easy, you say that they do things for selfish reason, and question his motives for paying taxes. So I question your motives for paying taxes. You can question mine also.

The reason I pay taxes is because I have to, the reason I don't overpay my taxes is because I don't think that the money is distributed the way I think it should. So since I can dispose of my extra money, I try to donate within my means to the programs that I consider need the most help, according to my value system.

Again, I don't see why your motives for paying taxes are any nobler than his.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2009, 07:24 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
Again, I don't see why your motives for paying taxes are any nobler than his.
Because, Iím not paying taxes in hopes of being absolved of illegally entering this country, and being granted U.S. citizen; while others who chose to abide by our laws, languish in their countries waiting their turn. Thatís why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2009, 07:27 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Because, Iím not paying taxes in hopes of being absolved of illegally entering this country, and being granted U.S. citizen; while others who chose to abide by our laws, languish in their countries waiting their turn. Thatís why.
Methinks the hammer will be claiming a few more 'victims' shortly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2009, 07:31 PM
 
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
804 posts, read 1,174,483 times
Reputation: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Because, Iím not paying taxes in hopes of being absolved of illegally entering this country, and being granted U.S. citizen; while others who chose to abide by our laws, languish in their countries waiting their turn. Thatís why.
He is paying taxes in the hope of being absolved of illegally entering this country, you are paying taxes in the hopes of not getting charged with tax evasion. Since you are here legally, likely your hopes will be much better served than his.

I would think that with all the illegal alien bashing going on in this forum about not contributing to society and being a leech on government resources, the ones that go out of their way to pay taxes and contribute would be recognized for the action, not have their motives questioned. No matter what his motives are, he is contributing, just as you or me are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2009, 07:35 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
He is paying taxes in the hope of being absolved of illegally entering this country, you are paying taxes in the hopes of not getting charged with tax evasion. Since you are here legally, likely your hopes will be much better served than his.

I would think that with all the illegal alien bashing going on in this forum about not contributing to society and being a leech on government resources, the ones that go out of their way to pay taxes and contribute would be recognized for the action, not have their motives questioned. No matter what his motives are, he is contributing, just as you or me are.
No, I pay my taxes because I am a law-abiding citizen. Can he make the same claim? Perhaps your time would be better spent preparing for the citizenship exam, rather than defending the behavior of illegal aliens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2009, 08:28 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
He is paying taxes in the hope of being absolved of illegally entering this country, you are paying taxes in the hopes of not getting charged with tax evasion. Since you are here legally, likely your hopes will be much better served than his.

I would think that with all the illegal alien bashing going on in this forum about not contributing to society and being a leech on government resources, the ones that go out of their way to pay taxes and contribute would be recognized for the action, not have their motives questioned. No matter what his motives are, he is contributing, just as you or me are.
So is the drug dealer, so is the embezzler, so is the pimp, etc-----------all of the above rank in the same category as your 'precious' illegal alien criminals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2009, 08:39 PM
 
Location: Texas
14,969 posts, read 13,761,828 times
Reputation: 4539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
Traitors for having different values/opinions than yours?
Different values/opinions?

Well, let me ask you this.

If someone has a value/opinion that theft and trespassing are wrong but supports criminal aliens, how can they truly have the opinion that theft and trespassing are wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2009, 03:40 PM
 
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
804 posts, read 1,174,483 times
Reputation: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
No, I pay my taxes because I am a law-abiding citizen. Can he make the same claim? Perhaps your time would be better spent preparing for the citizenship exam, rather than defending the behavior of illegal aliens.
Hahaha, have you seen it? Go to USCIS website, USCIS - New Naturalization Test

I highly doubt that this test would be a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top