Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 06:21 PM

804 posts, read 1,360,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
The better question would be how much did you, since you are the one who thinks our country needs to be a better place? Liberals!!! Sheeesh!
At this point I don't have much money to give out. In the past, I have supported (monetarily and with time) organizations for cancer research and diabetes.

Now, I usually give donations to goodwill, I like their concept. And I volunteer as a translator for a couple of magazines that try to get young latinos (illegal and legal) to go to college.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 06:24 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
At this point I don't have much money to give out. In the past, I have supported (monetarily and with time) organizations for cancer research and diabetes.

Now, I usually give donations to goodwill, I like their concept. And I volunteer as a translator for a couple of magazines that try to get young latinos (illegal and legal) to go to college.
So you are a criminal alien enabler, correct?

Old 05-30-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
So you are a criminal alien enabler, correct?
I support people going to college, you can call it whatever you want.

I think there is too few people from hispanic backgrounds on advanced degree programs so I do something about it.

This is a site that I have translated for in the past:
http://www.latinitasmagazine.org/

you can judge by yourself.

Old 05-30-2009, 06:35 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times
Quote:
I support people going to college, you can call it whatever you want.

I think there is too few people from hispanic backgrounds on advanced degree programs so I do something about it.

This is a site that I have translated for in the past:
Latinitas - Online Magazine for latina girls and teens

you can judge by yourself.
Why don't you help only Hispanic AMERICANS attend college? That would be worthy of your time.

The Hispanic criminals have a relatively high chance of being unable to use their educations in America anyway due to the risk of deportation.

Old 05-30-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Why don't you help only Hispanic AMERICANS attend college? That would be worthy of your time.

The Hispanic criminals have a relatively high chance of being unable to use their educations in America anyway due to the risk of deportation.
I don't see illegal immigration as a crime, may it be due to my personal experiences, but I just don't. And that is a personal value thing. So when I try to get people to school I don't really ask, I don't really care.

And if by doing what I do to help out hispanics other kids from other groups benefit as well. Well, even better.

I also have several friends from other countries who came here legally as exchange students and now want to go to grad school (legally) and need information. So you usually see me wandering around other departments in my university looking up info for friends. I think education is one of the best investments you can do. So I act accordingly.

What you are asking me it's a little of putting. In my mind, is like removing the support for teens that have had problems in high school or that come from families with lower resources, just because their probability of being able to go through school is smaller than kids from more affluent backgrounds.

Old 05-30-2009, 06:47 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:

Bingo!

Old 05-30-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
I don't see illegal immigration as a crime, may it be due to my personal experiences, but I just don't. And that is a personal value thing. So when I try to get people to school I don't really ask, I don't really care.

And if by doing what I do to help out hispanics other kids from other groups benefit as well. Well, even better.

I also have several friends from other countries who came here legally as exchange students and now want to go to grad school (legally) and need information. So you usually see me wandering around other departments in my university looking up info for friends. I think education is one of the best investments you can do. So I act accordingly.
You are damn lucky that you did not get busted by ICE assuming that you were here illegally.

The problem here is we do not want your kind here in the USA------------enablers of those criminal illegal alien losers.

Old 05-30-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The problem here is we do not want your kind here in the USA------------enablers of those criminal illegal alien losers.
I don't think your feeling is shared by every U.S. citizen, I will do what is on my power to get kids to school, you can do what is on your power to get rid of my kind (as you mention it ).

The end result will come as a 'result' of what everyone did for the values they stood for.

Old 05-30-2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:
I don't think your feeling is shared by every U.S. citizen, I will do what is on my power to get kids to school, you can do what is on your power to get rid of my kind (as you mention it ).

The end result will come as a 'result' of what everyone did for the values they stood for.
In that regard: some Americans are indeed traitors----------and, need to be tried/punished as such.

Old 05-30-2009, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
In that regard: some Americans are indeed traitors----------and, need to be tried/punished as such.
Traitors for having different values/opinions than yours?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration