U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 12:01 PM

807 posts, read 1,118,202 times

Advertisements

Paying taxes comes back to bite illegal immigrants | PressDemocrat.com | The Press Democrat | Santa Rosa, CA
[quote]

Quote:
The October seizures led to identity theft and criminal impersonation charges against more than 70 people, and prosecutors allege that as many as 1,300 suspected illegal immigrants were working using false or stolen Social Security numbers.
But the American Civil Liberties Union said the documents of as many as 4,900 people were seized, many of them legal residents, and that the probe was the "equivalent of a house-by-house search of innocent homeowners in order to find a suspect believed to be somewhere in the neighborhood."
Of course the ACLU is out to defend the people that have commited identity theft and is going to try to hinder enforcement of Immigration and Identity Protection laws..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 12:17 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,832,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Of course the ACLU is out to defend the people that have commited identity theft and is going to try to hinder enforcement of Immigration and Identity Protection laws..

Why of course. Illegal immigration is now their cash cow.

Quote:
The charges have been ironic for immigrants like Horacio Arturo Cervantes. The 42-year-old father of four from the Mexican state of Chihuahua said he had been honest about paying taxes, even though he was in the country illegally, because he was hoping for a path to U.S. citizenship .
Notice he didn’t pay taxes because he wanted to contribute to this country that has provided him with a better life. As usual, he did it because he thought he might benefit. Their motives are always selfish.

Old 05-30-2009, 12:22 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,908,833 times
[quote=bipolarpunk;9054675]Paying taxes comes back to bite illegal immigrants | PressDemocrat.com | The Press Democrat | Santa Rosa, CA
Quote:

Once again, the good ole ALIEN CLU comes to the rescue of a bunch of illegal alien criminals. They really need to remove the term American from their moniker. These days they rarely represent the causes of Americans or their civil liberties.

It definitely makes you wonder how many ethnocentric payrolls they are on.

Old 05-30-2009, 12:29 PM

[quote=JDubsMom;9054906]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Paying taxes comes back to bite illegal immigrants | PressDemocrat.com | The Press Democrat | Santa Rosa, CA

Once again, the good ole ALIEN CLU comes to the rescue of a bunch of illegal alien criminals. They really need to remove the term American from their moniker. These days they rarely represent the causes of Americans or their civil liberties.

It definitely makes you wonder how many ethnocentric payrolls they are on.
I would imagine quite a few.

Old 05-30-2009, 12:39 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,908,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Why of course. Illegal immigration is now their cash cow.

Notice he didn’t pay taxes because he wanted to contribute to this country that has provided him with a better life. As usual, he did it because he thought he might benefit. Their motives are always selfish.
Selfish indeed. It's always about them and what THEY want. It's never about what's good for America. Yet our politicians would have us believe that millions just like this one is worthy of American citizenship.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:54 PM

804 posts, read 1,176,196 times
Quote:
How much did you intentionally overpay the IRS in the last 10 years in order to make your country a better place?

Old 05-30-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
How much did you intentionally overpay the IRS in the last 10 years in order to make your country a better place?
I don’t intentionally overpay anything. Why would I? However, I do pay my required taxes using MY SSN; and I dare say, I pay more in one year than what you have claimed as your combined total during the past “few” years. Thus, I believe my contribution is sufficient.

Old 05-30-2009, 06:54 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,313,993 times
Quote:
The better question would be how much did you, since you are the one who thinks our country needs to be a better place? Liberals!!! Sheeesh!

Old 05-30-2009, 07:09 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,669,573 times
Quote:
Irrelevant---------------if you (in the generic sense) are here illegally--------------leave or face the consequences.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:15 PM

804 posts, read 1,176,196 times
Quote:
I don’t intentionally overpay anything. Why would I? However, I do pay my required taxes using MY SSN; and I dare say, I pay more in one year than what you have claimed as your combined total during the past “few” years. Thus, I believe my contribution is sufficient.
Uhmm, when have I put a combined amount? I don't remember doing so. I am also 25, how old are you Benicar? I would expect for me to pay much more as I age.

In your post you argue that he is selfish because he didn't pay taxes because he loved this country but because he might get a benefit out of it. So people who don't pay are stealing from the country (I agree) and those who do pay, even though if they don't there might not be repercussions, get put down by you for their reasons of paying the taxes.

Now, you pay the minimum taxes that you can, because if you don't then IRS would be on to you. And you don't give any extra because you feel that contributing the minimum that you have to is good enough.

Then, yo make a point that you are using your own SSN, how does this matter, you got one issue, he didn't. I would find more merit in someone who didn't get one, to go out of his way in order to pay taxes.

Now I find very hypocrite to put down the man's motives for paying his taxes on a SSN who is not his, while you pay the minimum amount of yours. Under this particular example you don't pay your taxes for any nobler reason than this man's.

Ok, maybe overpaying taxes was not the right way to go, since they do give the money back. What was the amount of the last undeducted donation that you have given to your government, or to a government program that you think is beneficial? You seem to care greatly about deporting illegal immigrants, so maybe there is some donations that way, What was the amount of your last donation (deducted or not) to ICE, or the Border Patrol? Do you put your money where your mouth is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or