Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 09:36 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechicano View Post
Why'd you cry?
Because I love Anza-Borrego Desert. And to see it destroyed by all that disgusting trash was profoundly sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 09:37 PM

223 posts, read 300,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
Because I love Anza-Borrego Desert. And to see it destroyed by all that disgusting trash was profoundly sad.
Oh. Sometimes I almost want to cry when they find dead bodies out in the desert of illegals. Blackened from the sun, with no way to trace who they are and let their family know what happened. So I guess I can relate. It is sad business.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:38 PM

807 posts, read 1,302,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimy View Post
I can't link to this but I do remember it, there was a video. One group was trying to clean up the garbage and the ACLU (yeah...of course!) was standing by because, in their words, "That is someone's property" and if the cleanup crew touched it the ACLU was going to sue for trespassing or theft or some such bullsh*t. It was pathetic and SHAMEFUL on the part of the ACLU.
I was watching on the news tonight about a homeless camp in Los Angeles where many American Citizens with CHILDREN were living.. The footage showed CalTrans crews cleaning up the menial possessions of the homeless that were sleeping underneath this freeway structure.. I was thinking to myself "Where is The ACLU to protect these Homeless AMERICANS' rights?"..

Old 05-31-2009, 09:41 PM

223 posts, read 300,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
I was watching on the news tonight about a homeless camp in Los Angeles where many American Citizens with CHILDREN were living.. The footage showed CalTrans crews cleaning up the menial possessions of the homeless that were sleeping underneath this freeway structure.. I was thinking to myself "Where is The ACLU to protect these Homeless AMERICANS' rights?"..
reviewjournal.com -- News - ACLU hails homeless ruling

American Civil Liberties Union : Rights of the Poor

ACLU of Northern California : Homeless People Sue San Francisco for Property Rights Violations

Noozhawk.com - ACLU Sues Santa Barbara over Pair of ‘Homeless’ Ordinances - Local News - local news and information for Santa Barbara County

Old 05-31-2009, 09:45 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,495 times
Quote:
Oh. Sometimes I almost want to cry when they find dead bodies out in the desert of illegals. Blackened from the sun, with no way to trace who they are and let their family know what happened. So I guess I can relate. It is sad business.
The solution to this problem is very simple. Stay in your own country. Do not illegally enter the US and wander around in the desert. If you do not have a legal way to come here, then you are not supposed to be here. Keep out.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:47 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,521 times
Quote:
Oh puleeeez.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:47 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Quote:
Well, then take it up with Mexico -- haven't they (and possibly still do) hand out maps to potential illegal immigrants on the best way to sneak across the border? While their deaths are horrible, and surely noone deserves to die that way (or as was the case a few years ago when they found 10-20 illegals packed in a train car, they had all suffacated) perhaps as is the case with Mexico if they actually valued their citizens would help the US by securing the border on their side as opposed to encouraging their people to break the law and attempt to sneak in.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:53 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Perhaps if said illegals stayed home; they would still be alive and with their loved ones.

I feel bad for children dragged through that type of ordeal admittedly; the parents------------the hell with 'em.

Face it: if we had an electrified fence and people were zapped by it...........the illegal aliens would still be just as dead.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:13 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,852,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Well, then take it up with Mexico -- haven't they (and possibly still do) hand out maps to potential illegal immigrants on the best way to sneak across the border? While their deaths are horrible, and surely no one deserves to die that way (or as was the case a few years ago when they found 10-20 illegals packed in a train car, they had all suffocated) perhaps as is the case with Mexico if they actually valued their citizens would help the US by securing the border on their side as opposed to encouraging their people to break the law and attempt to sneak in.
In addition, Mexican consulate officials knowingly provide their illegal citizens with fraud-prone matricula consular IDs (which aren't even acceptable in Mexico) and encourage their illegal citizens to use US hospitals without bothering to reimburse the costs.

The Mexican government should be ashamed of itself for doing the above but doesn't seem to be for some strange reason(s)...

Old 06-01-2009, 11:04 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,655 times
Quote:
What's sad is I'm sure you feel much worse for these people, who are breaking the law by coming into this country illegally, than the thousands of Americans raped or murdered by illegals who are truly INNOCENT. Death is sad no matter what the circumstance, but when people feel more compassion for someone is hurt performing a criminal act than an innocent person, especially a child, then the world is truly becoming a sad place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration