U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-01-2009, 04:27 PM
 
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
804 posts, read 1,174,929 times
Reputation: 137

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
MY problem is when YOUR 'failure' becomes MY expense. And in the case of Mexico, where the failure of the 'system' has led TEN PERCENT of the population to simply leave, and to move HERE..to MY country....then I get involved. I want to know how to stop the need of people to leave THERE and come HERE, and I have every right to ask questions...because it's my society that's bearing the 'brunt' of this. So as I said, if Mexico wants to treat its people any way it chooses, that's FINE.....but when they start fleeing and coming here...then that's NOT fine. At that point, what THEY do becomes MY business.
Macmeal,

I agree with you on this one, Mexico's problem do is in fact your problem as well.

Now, what would you propose as a solution? I do not see deporting Mexican illegal aliens as a solution, since they have a rather large border with the U.S. I would think that deporting illegal immigrant will only grow the problem back in Mexico and at some point the pressure for people to come back will overcome any fence that the U.S. might be able to put around the border.

What would you do if California becomes a problem to the U.S. and the problem bleeds into Arizona and other surrounding states. Do you block off California?

 
Old 06-01-2009, 04:29 PM
 
Location: Reeds Spring, MO
974 posts, read 1,351,963 times
Reputation: 453
So you suggest we give them amnesty for the third time? We have seen how well that stopped the flood of illegals. It only makes them come more, because they know when they reach a certain number and drop a certain amount of anchors, that they will be given amnesty.
 
Old 06-01-2009, 04:30 PM
 
Location: Reeds Spring, MO
974 posts, read 1,351,963 times
Reputation: 453
My idea, deport them and warn the Mexican government/all other governments of illegal aliens that if we keep having the same problems, we will stop all support. ALL SUPPORT, including military support. If that does not stop, we tell them that we will consider the trespassing as an act of war. They are invading our land.
 
Old 06-01-2009, 04:42 PM
 
Location: The Wine Country, CA
807 posts, read 1,116,947 times
Reputation: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaerin View Post
My idea, deport them and warn the Mexican government/all other governments of illegal aliens that if we keep having the same problems, we will stop all support. ALL SUPPORT, including military support. If that does not stop, we tell them that we will consider the trespassing as an act of war. They are invading our land.
Agreed!!! Problem Solved..
 
Old 06-01-2009, 05:33 PM
 
8,180 posts, read 11,035,044 times
Reputation: 2873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
Macmeal,

I agree with you on this one, Mexico's problem do is in fact your problem as well.

Now, what would you propose as a solution? I do not see deporting Mexican illegal aliens as a solution, since they have a rather large border with the U.S. I would think that deporting illegal immigrant will only grow the problem back in Mexico and at some point the pressure for people to come back will overcome any fence that the U.S. might be able to put around the border.

What would you do if California becomes a problem to the U.S. and the problem bleeds into Arizona and other surrounding states. Do you block off California?
California is part of the United States. Mexico is not part of the United States no matter how much you would wish it were so. The US cannot control Mexico nor should we. The US federal government does maintain a checks and balance system with California as California is part of the United States.
Again just to make it clear:

California is part of the United States of America.
Mexico is not part of the United States of America.
American citizens have rights under the US constitution.
Mexican citizens have rights under the Mexican government.
American citizens can work in the US.
Mexican citizens cannot work in the US unless they have applied for and have been granted any varient of work permits, green cards etc.
Mexican citizens are not American citizens, no matter how much you would wish it so.
 
Old 06-01-2009, 05:50 PM
 
Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,582,427 times
Reputation: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
California is part of the United States. Mexico is not part of the United States no matter how much you would wish it were so. The US cannot control Mexico nor should we. The US federal government does maintain a checks and balance system with California as California is part of the United States.
Again just to make it clear:

California is part of the United States of America.
Mexico is not part of the United States of America.
American citizens have rights under the US constitution.
Mexican citizens have rights under the Mexican government.
American citizens can work in the US.
Mexican citizens cannot work in the US unless they have applied for and have been granted any varient of work permits, green cards etc.
Mexican citizens are not American citizens, no matter how much you would wish it so.
It bewilders me that so many pro-illegals have problems with understanding the above.
 
Old 06-01-2009, 05:56 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
California is part of the United States. Mexico is not part of the United States no matter how much you would wish it were so. The US cannot control Mexico nor should we. The US federal government does maintain a checks and balance system with California as California is part of the United States.
Again just to make it clear:

California is part of the United States of America.
Mexico is not part of the United States of America.
American citizens have rights under the US constitution.
Mexican citizens have rights under the Mexican government.
American citizens can work in the US.
Mexican citizens cannot work in the US unless they have applied for and have been granted any varient of work permits, green cards etc.
Mexican citizens are not American citizens, no matter how much you would wish it so.
This states the obvious. Unfortuately, the obvious seems to NEED 'stating'...and re-stating...and re-stating....and re-stating. Thanks for doing your part this time . We may need you to repeat this in a week or two...
 
Old 06-01-2009, 06:09 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
Macmeal,

I agree with you on this one, Mexico's problem do is in fact your problem as well.

Now, what would you propose as a solution? I do not see deporting Mexican illegal aliens as a solution, since they have a rather large border with the U.S. I would think that deporting illegal immigrant will only grow the problem back in Mexico and at some point the pressure for people to come back will overcome any fence that the U.S. might be able to put around the border.

What would you do if California becomes a problem to the U.S. and the problem bleeds into Arizona and other surrounding states. Do you block off California?
You don't see deportation as a solution. I don't see amnesty as a solution (it's been tried before). What do we "do"? We act serious. We deport a large number of people (not beat them; not hurt them; not fine them; not jail them ...just "deport" them, back to their country of record, where they legally belong).

Then we count the illegals still here,...say those who've been here 10 years... we total up the expense of their upkeep (medical. legal, education, etc) and we BILL MEXICO for the costs. When they scream and 'howl', we listen patiently, but INSIST the bill be paid. Mexico is a resource-rich country....we bill them, and we collect..by any means necessary. Squeeze them....shame them...'shake them down'...but the bill is "due and payable", one way or another. If this causes 'hurt feelings', so be it....OUR feelings are hurt, too. If Mexico doesn't "like" this, they in turn can bill the INDIVIDUAL ILLEGALS here in the States, and demand their money. After all, Mexican illegals in the States are 'still Mexicans', aren't they? Why can't their own government charge them for the costs they've incurred?

Then we begin to actually treat our border as if it were a serious matter rather than a joke. We patrol it; we turn people back, and we begin to send the message that if you want to come here, you do so LEGALLY..PERIOD. We send the Minutemen home and begin to use the PROPER OFFICIALS to observe the border, not a bunch of retirees in lawn chairs..only THESE observers will have the power to arrest and detain.

At some point, when it becomes more of a 'hassle' to illegally emigrate than to stay home, people will get the idea. The US no longer offers an 'open door' to job seekers. Unless you're literally starving, or in danger of persecution, (and therefoe qualify as a refugee), either come legally or stay home.

None of this is 'rocket science'. Do we have the political will? Maybe not yet...but when we get angrier, we'll develop it.

And California is part of the US. We don't stop internal migration within the US, YET.....

Last edited by macmeal; 06-01-2009 at 06:20 PM..
 
Old 06-01-2009, 06:49 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
Macmeal,

I agree with you on this one, Mexico's problem do is in fact your problem as well.

Now, what would you propose as a solution? I do not see deporting Mexican illegal aliens as a solution, since they have a rather large border with the U.S. I would think that deporting illegal immigrant will only grow the problem back in Mexico and at some point the pressure for people to come back will overcome any fence that the U.S. might be able to put around the border.

What would you do if California becomes a problem to the U.S. and the problem bleeds into Arizona and other surrounding states. Do you block off California?
Suffice to say: if we took the rest of Mexico............that would spell the death knell for any aspect of 'Hispanic' culture that conflicts with USA law and custom-----------including the use of Spanish in an official capacity.

The USA 'knocked' the use of Spanish out of the Philippines in just two generations so precedent has been set.
 
Old 06-01-2009, 11:01 PM
 
709 posts, read 1,541,871 times
Reputation: 351
If it was Japan for example that shared a border with the U.S and not Mexico, I doubt very much that there would be 15-20 million illegal Japanese immigrants living in the U.S. And the reason is because unlike Mexico, Japan is a country with a middle class majority
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top