U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 06:38 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,057,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
I am pretty sure they send you a collective. You are very, very welcome!
I'm pretty sure that group of ingrates would do no such thing.

Old 06-05-2009, 02:03 AM

804 posts, read 1,181,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
I'm pretty sure that group of ingrates would do no such thing.
Who knows?

Old 06-12-2009, 01:59 AM

525 posts, read 926,011 times
Good. All those who are for illegal immigrants need to pay more taxes to keep them here and let us who do not want to pay for them get a tax decrease.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:03 AM

525 posts, read 926,011 times
Look we are not horrible, evil, selfish people just because we do not want anymore illegals here. We would love to pay for everyone in the world to have food, shelter, healthcare, education,etc. but this is reality and WE CANNOT AFFORD IT!!!! We would love to be able to feed all the starving people of Africa BUT WE CANNOT AFFORD IT!!!!!

Don't you people understand that WE CANNOT AFFORD IT!!! Alot of American citizens cannot even afford to pay for their expenses nor their families' expenses.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:51 PM

13 posts, read 20,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Maybe if we insulted the 'peasants' enough------------they would stay home.

Besides: speaking for just Mexico-------------it does need to grow up and take care of its poor people. We owe that dysfunctional Third World place nothing.

As for 1ATP: he is a Mestizo himself (part Apache) so he can comment on the 'breeding practices' of the (mostly) Mestizo.
Doesn't being a hungarian gypsy make you a peasant?
People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:20 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,827,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by celina12 View Post
I am an American of partial Hungarian lineage----------and, I self identify as an American.

As for being part Gypsy; I doubt it since I am Nordic White in appearance.

Needless to say: even if I was of 100% Roma (Gypsy) heritage...........I would still like it if the illegal aliens simply left.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:36 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,109,796 times
Quote:
I am an American of partial Hungarian lineage----------and, I self identify as an American.

As for being part Gypsy; I doubt it since I am Nordic White in appearance.

Needless to say: even if I was of 100% Roma (Gypsy) heritage...........I would still like it if the illegal aliens simply left.
Still a peasant!

Old 07-27-2009, 04:01 PM

380 posts, read 615,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by celina12 View Post
Peasant was a term used to describe a category of people within a country who were usually provincial and subjugated by the upper classes in that they did farming and later on unskilled industrial work. They were unable to better themselves no matter how much work they did.
Hungarian gypsies at no period in history ever fit into the category of peasant. And if I am not mistaken, the poster you are refering to lives in the USA. For the sake of argument, lets say that some of his ancestors were peasants. That does not automatically make him one now because of his ethnicity. It seems like you support the old Asian Indian caste system. It is racist to call a contemporary American a peasant because of his forefather's alleged social situation. My ancestors were poor Cuban sugarcane farmers. They were peasants. I was born in the US and I am a college graduate. But according to you I am still a peasant, right. Your post was not only racist but it is pure claptrap, in my opinion.
Are you OK? What is wrong with you? Your statement went beyond the realm of silly into............?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Old 07-27-2009, 05:57 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,827,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Still a peasant!
Quote:
Originally Posted by contachster View Post
Peasant was a term used to describe a category of people within a country who were usually provincial and subjugated by the upper classes in that they did farming and later on unskilled industrial work. They were unable to better themselves no matter how much work they did.
Hungarian gypsies at no period in history ever fit into the category of peasant. And if I am not mistaken, the poster you are refering to lives in the USA. For the sake of argument, lets say that some of his ancestors were peasants. That does not automatically make him one now because of his ethnicity. It seems like you support the old Asian Indian caste system. It is racist to call a contemporary American a peasant because of his forefather's alleged social situation. My ancestors were poor Cuban sugarcane farmers. They were peasants. I was born in the US and I am a college graduate. But according to you I am still a peasant, right. Your post was not only racist but it is pure claptrap, in my opinion.
Are you OK? What is wrong with you? Your statement went beyond the realm of silly into............?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
To be precise: my father (now a US citizen) is a member of the Szekler minority of Hungary---------they tend to be a part of the elite of that nation.

Think Brahman (sp) class of India whereas the Gypsies/Roma are analogous to the Dalit (untouchables).

Old 07-27-2009, 08:22 PM

380 posts, read 615,955 times
Quote:
To be precise: my father (now a US citizen) is a member of the Szekler minority of Hungary---------they tend to be a part of the elite of that nation.

Think Brahman (sp) class of India whereas the Gypsies/Roma are analogous to the Dalit (untouchables).
^^^^More proof that celina12 is one if not all of the following:
* A racist
* Ignorant
* A troll
* In the sixth grade
* Intolerant
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or