U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 12:19 PM

804 posts, read 1,175,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
“I support the Dream Act 100 percent”, Obama reiterated. “In fact, I am fully committed to education, my administration has raised funds to be invested in education because I want more students to have the opportunity to go to college and have better access to resources such as scholarships and loans”
Obama supports the Dream Act in el Piolin - New York State Youth Leadership Council

I am really impressed to hear, and to see in practice, the way Obama supports education. Way to go!!!

Old 06-01-2009, 12:20 PM

974 posts, read 1,352,974 times
How does money in the system going to Illegals help our American students?

Old 06-01-2009, 12:33 PM

804 posts, read 1,175,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaerin View Post
How does money in the system going to Illegals help our American students?
This is only one of the large amount of things he's doing for education, another one is to attach to the stimulus package a large amount of money to be dedicated for scientific research. This translates into an increase in funding for graduate students, this benefits not only U.S. citizens, but also international students.

And also, the students that this proposal would benefit are not U.S. citizens just yet, but after the proposal is passed, they will be able to became U.S. citizens.

Benefits in education are usually a win-win situation, specially if you are going to benefit from the students going into your workforce after graduation. And according to the President, this is what is likely to happen.

He also posed the questions:
Quote:
Obama pointed out that the US needs to make a great decision: Asking them “to remain in this country without an education or a right to work without taking advantage of the academic opportunities that this country offers.”
I like how the "deport them all" mentality that is so rampant around these forums was not even an option.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:36 PM

32,823 posts, read 30,083,197 times
Oops, one small snag.........

It is necessary that we obtain at least 60 votes in the Senate and a mayority in the House of Representatives. This is something we still have to achieve,” Obama indicated.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:44 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,398,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
Obama supports the Dream Act in el Piolin - New York State Youth Leadership Council

I am really impressed to hear, and to see in practice, the way Obama supports education. Way to go!!!
Wow. Maobama's daily hispandering quote. All of you Dreamies be sure to vote for Maobama when you can, illegal or otherwise.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:45 PM

974 posts, read 1,352,974 times
So basically Kellem, you are for increasing class sizes, increasing esl classes, decreasing the one on one teaching that some kids needs, so a bunch of law breaking illegals or illegals kids can attend American schools? How exactly will this help our AMERICAN students? All I see from this is the ability to pack more voters into schools. This will open a floodgate of illegals imho. Then when our kids are passed over so these illegals can get to school, what do you propose we do then?

Old 06-01-2009, 12:46 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,823,428 times
Quote:
Obama pointed out that the US needs to make a great decision: Asking them “to remain in this country without an education or a right to work without taking advantage of the academic opportunities that this country offers.”
But you see Mr. President, we are not asking them to remain in this country, we are demanding their removal. Thus, their educational opportunities, or employment prospects, are not our concern. Let their counties of origin provide them with both an education and a job.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:48 PM

346 posts, read 387,228 times
Quote:

Illegal immigrants do not have rights. They should not be receiving any kind of welfare assistance, and their children should not be in our schools. These children cannot even speak English, and if anybody that is non-English speaking should not be in the United States.

The Dream Act is another step in granting amnesty to migrants that have broken the law. When is Obama and all his liberal supporters going to come to grips with reality and actually do something about getting rid of the millions of illegal border-crossers in this country?

Old 06-01-2009, 12:59 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,398,700 times
Quote:
This is only one of the large amount of things he's doing for education, another one is to attach to the stimulus package a large amount of money to be dedicated for scientific research. This translates into an increase in funding for graduate students, this benefits not only U.S. citizens, but also international students.

And also, the students that this proposal would benefit are not U.S. citizens just yet, but after the proposal is passed, they will be able to became U.S. citizens.

Benefits in education are usually a win-win situation, specially if you are going to benefit from the students going into your workforce after graduation. And according to the President, this is what is likely to happen.

He also posed the questions:

I like how the "deport them all" mentality that is so rampant around these forums was not even an option.
Wow. Maobama wants to amnesty all of these 20 to 30 million illegals, not deport them. After all, these illegal aliens can't become future Democratic voters, if amnestied, if they're deported, can they? So this new Democratic voter bloc of illegals, if amnestied, could be just the ticket to keep Maobama's radical left administration in power.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:00 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,583,284 times
Quote:
So basically Kellem, you are for increasing class sizes, increasing esl classes, decreasing the one on one teaching that some kids needs, so a bunch of law breaking illegals or illegals kids can attend American schools? How exactly will this help our AMERICAN students? All I see from this is the ability to pack more voters into schools. This will open a floodgate of illegals imho. Then when our kids are passed over so these illegals can get to school, what do you propose we do then?
Nearly my exact thoughts as well.

Quote:
The Dream Act is another step in granting amnesty to migrants that have broken the law. When is Obama and all his liberal supporters going to come to grips with reality and actually do something about getting rid of the millions of illegal border-crossers in this country?
First comes the DREAM Act and then comes the shamnesty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or