U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-03-2009, 03:40 PM
 
Location: Mexifornia, formerly California
31 posts, read 51,199 times
Reputation: 25

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
Illegal Alien saving a child.
Now that's literally what you call one in a million I wonder how much news coverage people from America that save illegals in the desert ever day get, not much I'm guessing, since that's just in our nature.

 
Old 09-07-2010, 05:34 PM
 
1 posts, read 763 times
Reputation: 10
It is not the same to rob a bank or commit murder than to enter the country illegally. That is like saying that if you crossed a red light, then you are going to receive the same treatment as a killer and go to jail. Many Americans would not like it if they were called criminals just for driving through a red light.
And the only reason that they are here illegally is because it takes more than 10 years to legalize your immigration status in this country. If the real issue is that they are illegal, then the solutions is to fix the immigration laws. But instead, people prefer to complain and make illegal immigransts responsible for everything. Illegal immigrants have no power to change the laws even if they wanted but we do.
If we really want to fix this problem we are going to work to make it happen. If we just don't like people from other cultures and we don't like the way they look like because we are racist, then we are going to use the excuse that they are illegal and that is all we are going to talk about. We need to focus on the solutions that will benefit both parties and use facts. NOT ALL ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS ARE CRIMINALS AND LETS REMEMBER THAT NOT ALL LAWS ARE JUST OR FAIR EITHER. Tomorrow it could be you the foreign person in a different country and then you'll know what it feels like to be treated like a criminal. Laws just change from country to country and as far as you know, you may have already done something that is illegal in another country. If there is something that needs to be illegal is being racist and ignorant.
 
Old 09-07-2010, 05:46 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,692,900 times
Reputation: 3010


Eeeek! It's ALIVE!!!! Run away! Run away!
 
Old 09-07-2010, 05:48 PM
 
Location: Spokane via Sydney,Australia
6,611 posts, read 10,955,353 times
Reputation: 3083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post

Eeeek! It's ALIVE!!!! Run away! Run away!

Ever notice it's usually a newb as well? I think they do a search and don't bother to look at the dates. High time CD started archiving.
 
Old 09-07-2010, 06:05 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,156,932 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by urrutia View Post
It is not the same to rob a bank or commit murder than to enter the country illegally. That is like saying that if you crossed a red light, then you are going to receive the same treatment as a killer and go to jail. Many Americans would not like it if they were called criminals just for driving through a red light.
And the only reason that they are here illegally is because it takes more than 10 years to legalize your immigration status in this country. If the real issue is that they are illegal, then the solutions is to fix the immigration laws. But instead, people prefer to complain and make illegal immigransts responsible for everything. Illegal immigrants have no power to change the laws even if they wanted but we do.
If we really want to fix this problem we are going to work to make it happen. If we just don't like people from other cultures and we don't like the way they look like because we are racist, then we are going to use the excuse that they are illegal and that is all we are going to talk about. We need to focus on the solutions that will benefit both parties and use facts. NOT ALL ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS ARE CRIMINALS AND LETS REMEMBER THAT NOT ALL LAWS ARE JUST OR FAIR EITHER. Tomorrow it could be you the foreign person in a different country and then you'll know what it feels like to be treated like a criminal. Laws just change from country to country and as far as you know, you may have already done something that is illegal in another country. If there is something that needs to be illegal is being racist and ignorant.
No one is comparing entering our country illegally to murder. Murderers go to prison or are given the death penalty for their crime. Illegal entry into our country is still against the law and the consquences of that are deportation when caught. They are both criminal acts although only one is a heinous criminal act.

We have immigration quotas for many reasons. If we needed these 12-20 million here illegally we would have invited them legally by including them in our quotas. We can't take in an immigrant just because they want to come even though we don't need them.

Objecting to illegal entry has nothing to do with race nor does it have anything to do with our right to enforce our immigration laws. The race card has been worn out. What "certain look" don't we already have in this country here legally already? Our citizens are already a mix of every ethnic/racial group. So that blows your theory on that one.

If a law is deemed unfair then our CITIZENS should seek change to them, not foreigners. Both citizen and foreigner in the meantime are obligated to follow our laws up to and until they are changed.

I wouldn't dream of entering another country illegally and as a legal visitor I would follow their laws so no, there is no way I would be treated as a criminal in another country.
 
Old 09-07-2010, 08:55 PM
 
3,204 posts, read 2,384,950 times
Reputation: 1544
Quote:
Originally Posted by urrutia View Post
It is not the same to rob a bank or commit murder than to enter the country illegally. That is like saying that if you crossed a red light, then you are going to receive the same treatment as a killer and go to jail. Many Americans would not like it if they were called criminals just for driving through a red light.
And the only reason that they are here illegally is because it takes more than 10 years to legalize your immigration status in this country. If the real issue is that they are illegal, then the solutions is to fix the immigration laws. But instead, people prefer to complain and make illegal immigransts responsible for everything. Illegal immigrants have no power to change the laws even if they wanted but we do.
If we really want to fix this problem we are going to work to make it happen. If we just don't like people from other cultures and we don't like the way they look like because we are racist, then we are going to use the excuse that they are illegal and that is all we are going to talk about. We need to focus on the solutions that will benefit both parties and use facts. NOT ALL ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS ARE CRIMINALS AND LETS REMEMBER THAT NOT ALL LAWS ARE JUST OR FAIR EITHER. Tomorrow it could be you the foreign person in a different country and then you'll know what it feels like to be treated like a criminal. Laws just change from country to country and as far as you know, you may have already done something that is illegal in another country. If there is something that needs to be illegal is being racist and ignorant.
The reason it takes 10 years to become a citizen is because others have stood in line and waited their 10 years to come. We admit people into our country every year on a legal basis. And the ones that have waited shouldn't be pushed aside by those that decide to take the easy route. All countries have immigration policies that are in place to benefit the country, not necessarily the immigrant. That is their way of protecting their citizens. You allow people to enter the country because they fulfill a need. If you look at statistics for this country you will find that we have a large populous that hasn't graduated high school let alone college. We don't have a need for uneducated people.

I don't understand how you can equate racism and ignorance with people that want to see this country operate under the laws that keep it viable.
We have a large legal Hispanic bloc in this country and no one is complaining about them. That would be racist. But do you think Asians, for example, may find it racist if we were to allow more Hispanics to enter the country than Asians? Especially if they don't meet the educational and financial criteria put on everyone else?

I find it interesting that you would rather change the laws in our country to accomodate those crossing our borders illegally than to expect the leaders of their country to change their own laws. You hear a lot of chatter about US citizens being hateful and selfish yet when it comes down to coming to someones assistance it's always the US that is expected to help. You say illegals have no power to change the laws but you are wrong. They have the power to change the laws in THEIR country.

I would like to be a DR.
 
Old 09-07-2010, 09:01 PM
 
3,204 posts, read 2,384,950 times
Reputation: 1544
Quote:
Originally Posted by urrutia View Post
It is not the same to rob a bank or commit murder than to enter the country illegally. That is like saying that if you crossed a red light, then you are going to receive the same treatment as a killer and go to jail. Many Americans would not like it if they were called criminals just for driving through a red light.
And the only reason that they are here illegally is because it takes more than 10 years to legalize your immigration status in this country. If the real issue is that they are illegal, then the solutions is to fix the immigration laws. But instead, people prefer to complain and make illegal immigransts responsible for everything. Illegal immigrants have no power to change the laws even if they wanted but we do.
If we really want to fix this problem we are going to work to make it happen. If we just don't like people from other cultures and we don't like the way they look like because we are racist, then we are going to use the excuse that they are illegal and that is all we are going to talk about. We need to focus on the solutions that will benefit both parties and use facts. NOT ALL ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS ARE CRIMINALS AND LETS REMEMBER THAT NOT ALL LAWS ARE JUST OR FAIR EITHER. Tomorrow it could be you the foreign person in a different country and then you'll know what it feels like to be treated like a criminal. Laws just change from country to country and as far as you know, you may have already done something that is illegal in another country. If there is something that needs to be illegal is being racist and ignorant.
The reason it takes 10 years to become a citizen is because others have stood in line and waited their 10 years to come. We admit people into our country every year on a legal basis. And the ones that have waited shouldn't be pushed aside by those that decide to take the easy route. All countries have immigration policies that are in place to benefit the country, not necessarily the immigrant. That is their way of protecting their citizens. You allow people to enter the country because they fulfill a need. If you look at statistics for this country you will find that we have a large populous that hasn't graduated high school let alone college. We don't have a need for uneducated people.

I don't understand how you can equate racism and ignorance with people that want to see this country operate under the laws that keep it viable.
We have a large legal Hispanic bloc in this country and no one is complaining about them. That would be racist. But do you think Asians, for example, may find it racist if we were to allow more Hispanics to enter the country than Asians? Especially if they don't meet the educational and financial criteria put on everyone else?

I find it interesting that you would rather change the laws in our country to accomodate those crossing our borders illegally than to expect the leaders of their country to change their own laws. You hear a lot of chatter about US citizens being hateful and selfish yet when it comes down to coming to someones assistance it's always the US that is expected to help. You say illegals have no power to change the laws but you are wrong. They have the power to change the laws in THEIR country.

I would like to be a DR. But it takes several years of college and a lot of money to go to college. Do you advocate that since I don't want to follow the rules and pay the price to become a Dr. that the requirements should be changed so I can have my wish and be a Dr? It sure wouldn't benefit my patients but who cares as long as I get what I want at the time I want it.
 
Old 09-07-2010, 09:33 PM
 
Location: SARASOTA, FLORIDA
11,501 posts, read 13,039,997 times
Reputation: 4875
He is NOT an illegal alien. He is a CRIMINAL TRESPASSER who would probably steal, rape or cut the throat of this kids parents if they were given a chance.

Trying to make these ILLEGAL CRIMINALS look good does not work.

One good deed with a million rapes, stabbings, illegal drunk drivers who kill innocent Americans, robberies etc right in front of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top