U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 03:03 PM

32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail in Seattle View Post
It should be easy to track down where the # was stolen. People who have access to these numbers are stealing them & giving them to illegal friends or selling them. A patient in a hospital may have their SSN on their bedside chart. What's to keep that info being stolen by one of the cleaning people, or one of the nurses.
If someone is working where they have access to SSNs & they are sympathetic to illegals (& obviously not to children), they will take the numbers. I believe there are a few people stealing a lot of these numbers. It looks as though workplaces need to make some effort to protect these numbers, because obviously what they are doing is not enough.
Isn't identity theft illegal?
Plenty of web sites and servers have been hacked to get millions of Social Numbers. From there it is pretty easy to sell them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 02:17 PM

5,891 posts, read 12,247,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
We are discussing bottom feeders as it is.....................those individuals that Mexico especially does not want due in part to the White supremacy there.

I very rarely see a White Latino who has that 'illegal alien' vibe.
What is this "illegal alien" vibe you speak of?

Old 11-24-2009, 02:54 PM

1,150 posts, read 990,683 times
I think what the Supreme Court said is that using a stolen SS# is only a crime if you know the number was stolen. If you thought it was fake, you're off the hook.

The reason they use children's numbers is because they have a better chance of not being caught. Most are caught when it comes to the legal owner's attention that their number is being used by someone else for employment, or to obtain credit. Since children aren't employed, and don't apply for credit, the illegal alien has a good chance of using the number for years without being caught.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:13 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
What is this "illegal alien" vibe you speak of?
Scruffy looking, dental work that is not done here in the USA (gold caps, etc), poor command of the English language if they can speak it at all, listening to loud Mexican music, drinking beer in the front yard, etc.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:42 PM

5,891 posts, read 12,247,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Scruffy looking, dental work that is not done here in the USA (gold caps, etc), poor command of the English language if they can speak it at all, listening to loud Mexican music, drinking beer in the front yard, etc.
In Mexico those people are referred to as "nacos." I don't think it's fair to automatically correspond those behaviors or appearance traits with the individual's immigration status though. It's stereotyping.

Old 11-24-2009, 05:16 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
In Mexico those people are referred to as "nacos." I don't think it's fair to automatically correspond those behaviors or appearance traits with the individual's immigration status though. It's stereotyping.
And reality being that Mexico is White supremacist, I can safely say that most Caucasian Mexican people living here in the USA are legal since they tend to be the elite back home hence having $$$ and connections.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:09 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Quote:
Yes but I don't think the fresas are the ones hiking through the desert or getting smuggled in by packing themselves into unventilated semi trailers.

It's kind of silly to think many fresas are actually doing the hard work for little pay that Americans won't do. They have a good life in Mexico. Actually anyone who is part of Mexico's middle class or upper class has it nice in Mexico -- except of course for the narcos and they also are moving here now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or