U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 03:28 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,582,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I am by no means condoning this. However, each time a story is posted involving a U.S. citizen being raped or murdered by an illegal alien, we are summarily attacked as being racists and anti-Hispanic. In addition, we are reminded that not all illegals are violent criminals. Well, the same applies to U.S. citizens. We are not all the same.
That's something that many pro-illegals fail to mention.

Quote:
This is a tragedy, and it should never have happened. Sadly, this may only be the beginning.
My thoughts as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 03:32 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,076,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Anti-illegal alien sentiment IS NOT equivalent to anti-Hispanic/anti-Mexican/xenophobic sentiment.

True, but look at the fact that Benicar and Anon Political Junky replied as if they are one in the same. Why? Because the association has been made. It is made constantly on this forum. Sadly, there is a large component of racism and xenophobia in this sentiment.

As for the victim, I feel sad for him and hope that the authorities but an end to any anti-Hispanic violence and discrimination.

Me too.

I do not, nor do the majority of anti-illegals, condone violence against Hispanics or illegals so don't even think about trying to play the race card when illegal immigration is solely a political and NOT an ethnic/racial issue that many of you pro-illegals tend to make it out to be.

It is not solely political. When topics on this board are based on stereotypes and anecdotes, this transcends politics. When the first reply was "Oh yeah? Well, look at these murders." this transcends politics. When there is an entire thread devoted to crimes in which most of the time the legal status is unknown...this transcends politics. It does not make you racist in the sense of "I hate all xyz race", but it does reinforce stereotypes that could lead to murder.
Yo.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:38 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times
thank you.

i hope this is not the begining of anything. i hope it is an isolated event. the guy was attacked because they were looking for a "mexican" to beat up.

they could very well be your run of the mill racists... er i mean ethnicists.

i think this topic is controversial. i sort of see why the OP put it here, but there is no mention of citizenship, or if that was even a motivatiing factor in the attack.

move that THREAD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I am by no means condoning this. However, each time a story is posted involving a U.S. citizen being raped or murdered by an illegal alien, we are summarily attacked as being racists and anti-Hispanic. In addition, we are reminded that not all illegals are violent criminals. Well, the same applies to U.S. citizens. We are not all the same.

This is a tragedy, and it should never have happened. Sadly, this may only be the beginning.

Was the victim an illegal alien? If not, this thread is posted in the wrong forum.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:46 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,582,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
i think this topic is controversial. i sort of see why the OP put it here, but there is no mention of citizenship, or if that was even a motivating factor in the attack.
Exactly. It was a racist attack that was likely motivated by anti-Mexican/anti-Hispanic sentiment and not citizenship.

The OP was likely, but had failed, trying to connect anti-illegal alien sentiment to anti-Hispanic/anti-Mexican sentiment.

Quote:
move that THREAD!!!!
Agreed.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:46 PM

807 posts, read 1,116,734 times
This thread doesn't even belong here.. What does race have to do with wanting the immigration laws of the U.S. enforced?.. Nothing! Again, FAIL!

Old 06-02-2009, 04:27 PM

as details emerge we might make a claim that it was based on perceived ethnicity as well as citizenship, but as it stands, i dont see the connection.

i do think tho that what is said in some of the more virulent immigration forums can lead to agression against percieved illegals. whether thats the case here, i am not sure.

its like white supremacist forums. they spout and regurgitate backward ideas about people of color. they call them scum. say they come from cesspools. and they even advocate violence. thats can very well lead to attacks. its proving that it did, is a bit difficult.

there is anti hispanic sentiment on this board.

if it were trully about illegals, there would be no need to mention anyone of those illegals country of origin.

just like it would not be necessary to say that the guy who stole my kids bike was black.

he was a criminal.
(if im reporting it to the police, then yes that info is needed, but in most cases, no)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
This thread doesn't even belong here.. What does race have to do with wanting the immigration laws of the U.S. enforced?.. Nothing! Again, FAIL!

Last edited by the one; 06-02-2009 at 04:37 PM..

Old 06-02-2009, 04:36 PM

807 posts, read 1,116,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
as details emerge we might make a claim that it was based on perceived ethnicity as well as citizenship, but as it stands, i dont see the connection.

i do think tho that what is said in some of the more virulent immigration forums can lead to agression against percieved illegals. whether thats the case here, i am not sure.

its like white supremacist forums. they spout and regurgitate backward ideas about people of color. they call them scum. say they come from cesspools. and they even advocate violence. thats can very well lead to attacks. its proving that it did, is a bit difficult.
The fact of the matter is unfortunately that a vast majority of Illegal Aliens ARE from Mexico and other Central American countries..

This forum is definitely NOT a White Supremecist forum as there is quite a bit of diversity here.. I'm part Asian-American and there are several African Americans that post on here.. So there is no comparrison between this forum and a racist forum such as a White Supremecist or a MeCha forum..

Old 06-02-2009, 04:38 PM

you quoted me while is was editing...

if it were trully about illegals, there would be no need to mention anyone of those illegals country of origin.

just like it would not be necessary to say that the guy who stole my kids bike was black.

he was a criminal. (if im reporting it to the police, then yes that info is needed, but in most cases, no)
Quote:
The fact of the matter is unfortunately that a vast majority of Illegal Aliens ARE from Mexico and other Central American countries..

This forum is definitely NOT a White Supremecist forum as there is quite a bit of diversity here.. I'm part Asian-American and there are several African Americans that post on here.. So there is no comparrison between this forum and a racist forum such as a White Supremecist or a MeCha forum..

Old 06-02-2009, 04:43 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:

In the eyes of the pro illegal apologists: us anti's are all White supremacists (regardless of our actual skin color) due to the fact that we are against illegal immigration--------and, that most illegals are indeed 'Hispanic' in the legal/cultural sense.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:53 PM

what difference does it make where they came from?

we already know we have to secure the southern border. that will solve some of the problem, but what about people who overstay visas? are we going to then look at the percentage of those from particular countries who overstay visas?

it makes no sense to me to look at illegals or criminals as anything other than an illegal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
In the eyes of the pro illegal apologists: us anti's are all White supremacists (regardless of our actual skin color) due to the fact that we are against illegal immigration--------and, that most illegals are indeed 'Hispanic' in the legal/cultural sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration