Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 09:20 PM

25 posts, read 31,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
as details emerge we might make a claim that it was based on perceived ethnicity as well as citizenship, but as it stands, i dont see the connection ....
there is anti hispanic sentiment on this board.
Your tired old "racist" claims should go elsewhere. Try on some facts:

A third of the nation's 296.4 million people are considered minorities. Hispanics are the largest minority group at 42.7 million, up 3.3% from mid-2004 to mid-2005. The Census counts all residents and makes no distinction between those here legally and illegally. The Pew Center estimates that up to 12 million U.S. residents are undocumented, most of them Hispanic.

"Obviously, a very large share of U.S. population growth and of Hispanic growth is driven by illegal immigration," says Steven Camarota, research director at the Center for Immigration Studies, a Washington think tank that favors stricter immigration controls.

Post 1970 immigrants and their descendants have added more than 55 million people to our country; this is the equivalent of absorbing all of Central America in thirty years. Yet Central America's, Mexico's, and China's populations have grown even larger. Clearly, we are not able to address the world's problems by attempting to absorb their excess population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 05:51 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyY View Post

A third of the nation's 296.4 million people are considered minorities. Hispanics are the largest minority group at 42.7 million, up 3.3% from mid-2004 to mid-2005. The Census counts all residents and makes no distinction between those here legally and illegally. The Pew Center estimates that up to 12 million U.S. residents are undocumented, most of them Hispanic.

"Obviously, a very large share of U.S. population growth and of Hispanic growth is driven by illegal immigration," says Steven Camarota, research director at the Center for Immigration Studies, a Washington think tank that favors stricter immigration controls.

Post 1970 immigrants and their descendants have added more than 55 million people to our country; this is the equivalent of absorbing all of Central America in thirty years. Yet Central America's, Mexico's, and China's populations have grown even larger. Clearly, we are not able to address the world's problems by attempting to absorb their excess population.
Do you know the Center for Immigration Studies was founded by racist mastermind John Tanton?

Old 06-03-2009, 07:04 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Do you know the Center for Immigration Studies was founded by racist mastermind John Tanton?
Yet MEChA is allowed to exist on college campuses despite its clearly racist agenda---------------what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:06 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
So you’re denying the fact that the primary reason the Hispanic population in the U.S. has skyrocketed in the past 10 years is due to illegal immigration? Would you care to substantiate your claim? Add to that the fact that 75% of illegals’ offspring are born here.

If, for example, 40 million illegal Asians descended upon this country, Asians would now account for the largest “minority†group. If Hispanic illegals are counted in the census, they should have a separate category to distinguish them from citizens, along with their U.S.-born meal tickets. It’s all political BS.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:53 AM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times
i will.

i dont believe that one bit. show me proof and numbers and reliable stats please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
So you’re denying the fact that the primary reason the Hispanic population in the U.S. has skyrocketed in the past 10 years is due to illegal immigration? Would you care to substantiate your claim? Add to that the fact that 75% of illegals’ offspring are born here.

If, for example, 40 million illegal Asians descended upon this country, Asians would now account for the largest “minority†group. If Hispanic illegals are counted in the census, they should have a separate category to distinguish them from citizens, along with their U.S.-born meal tickets. It’s all political BS.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:57 AM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times
"racist"...did i really say that?

i said there is antihispanic sentiment on this board. that is undeniable.

if it were really about illegals and criminals there would be no reason to inject any other characteristic.

those BLACK rapist. those BLACK killers. to me they are just rapists and killers.

try looking at the facts, beyond race or ethnicity.

as for your "stats" what does that have to do with anything about this thread?

i really dont think you want to dance darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyY View Post

Old 06-03-2009, 12:11 PM

15 posts, read 18,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Myself and at least one other forum poster live in IL, which is about as far North as you can get. Chicago and Cook County have long since been overrun with illegals. I know all about it. Don't forget when the May 2006 amnesty marches took place, Chicago had the largest crowd of any city.
You mean except Los Angeles. Trust me when I tell you that this problem was out of control here in Cali 25 years ago. At that time you didn't have a single illegal living in Chicago. There were already millions here in Cali at that time.

I agree that Amnesty is the biggest travesty in American history. Hmm I don't recall having a vote on that one.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:21 PM

15 posts, read 18,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Agreed. Urgh, don't remind me of those marches. The arrogance, the pandering of their welfare recipients by proxy and the chanting in spanish, as if anyone knew or cared WTF they were screaming about, except their sorry ignorant, butts. That was the straw that broke the camels' back for me.
I think everyone saw their true goal on that day. It was the last straw for millions of Americans. The politicians have long since been sold out for the illegal hispanic vote.

We can't rely on them to help us with this problem as they have proved to pander out to anyone with a vote regardless of where they come from.
Apparently the voice of the American people no longer holds any value to them.
Nothing short of war will stop this invasion period.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:39 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
i will.

i dont believe that one bit. show me proof and numbers and reliable stats please.
Show you stats of what? They don't distinguish between legal and illegal Hispanics in the census, so what are you asking? Subtract the estimated number of illegals and their offspring from the total U.S. Hispanic population, and they will no longer be the 'majority' minority.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:39 PM

25 posts, read 31,371 times
Quote:
Since I'm not looking at this from a racist point of view, I had no idea, nor do I care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration