U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-03-2009, 05:39 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,898,849 times
Reputation: 1094

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
My, my, my. . . aren’t we testy.

I even used the pro-illegal Bible (Pew) as a source. I also referenced Hispanic articles to avoid any accusations of bias or ASSumptions.

Granted, all of the growth did not occur in the past 10 years. Nevertheless, immigration, particularly illegal immigration, cannot be denied as being a major factor. Nor, can the fact that the Hispanic population has skyrocketed.



Mexican Immigrants in the United States, 2008 - Pew Research Center


Latino Children: A Majority Are U.S.-Born Offspring of Immigrants - Pew Research Center


USATODAY.com - U.S.-born Hispanics drive growth


Ramirez: Hispanics Poised To Flex Muscle in Politics, Policy | NDN


CNY Latino - ...from the Latino community for everyone in Central New York (http://www.cnylatino.com/EN/population.html - broken link)


Habla Espanol (http://mooreschool.sc.edu/moore/research/Publications/BandE/bande50/50n4/habla.html - broken link)

*crickets*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-03-2009, 05:41 PM
 
12,620 posts, read 17,692,687 times
Reputation: 2988
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
All this hate talk leads to this at the end. You can't tell who is Illegal or legal.
White teens kill man for 'being hispanic' // Current
There is a list of victims from illegals on this site what about them. There are more of them than the other way around.

CRIME VICTIMS OF ILLEGAL ALIENS


There is an enormous number of Americans who have been harmed by the criminals who pass through the nation's open borders. For that reason, this section can only provide a symbolic tribute to the many unnamed victims who have been killed, raped, robbed, crippled and otherwise personally violated.
It is particularly shocking that even in post-911 America, the government still refuses to protect the people in the most basic ways from the world's terrorists and criminals who enter at will to do as they please. The borders remain a sieve while the human carnage from crime perpetrated from illegal aliens continues to mount. In another stunner of INS malfeasance, the agency often cannot even manage to deport (http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/metro/1202/15aliencrime.html - broken link) dangerous criminal aliens when they reach the ends of their prison terms.

Crime victims of illegal aliens
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2009, 05:42 PM
 
Location: Back in the gym...Yo Adrian!
9,371 posts, read 17,494,909 times
Reputation: 18346
Old news that happened months ago, why drudge it up now? Not trying to sound insensitive to the victim, but you post this trying to make it sound as though this is an every day occurance. How many threads have you started about whites being killed by other races?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2009, 05:44 PM
 
16,092 posts, read 35,788,600 times
Reputation: 6264
Jose Pacheco was looking for a Mexican to beat up? Hmm doesn't make sense but then again maybe he is Salvadoran.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2009, 07:04 PM
 
709 posts, read 1,541,871 times
Reputation: 351
Quote:
Jose Pacheco was looking for a Mexican to beat up? Hmm doesn't make sense but then again maybe he is Salvadoran.
Jose Pacheco does not sound like a name a White American would have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2009, 07:11 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,072,228 times
Reputation: 2244
thanks.

ok, thats quite abit to read. but your ASSumptions are still off. its not 75% of offspring. its closer to 50. and you say its illegal immigration. those studies say "immigrant". it definitely cant be that all those people are illegals...

still gots more to prove.

ill have more to say when im done reading. maybe even a retraction...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
My, my, my. . . aren’t we testy.

I even used the pro-illegal Bible (Pew) as a source. I also referenced Hispanic articles to avoid any accusations of bias or ASSumptions.

Granted, all of the growth did not occur in the past 10 years. Nevertheless, immigration, particularly illegal immigration, cannot be denied as being a major factor. Nor, can the fact that the Hispanic population has skyrocketed.



Mexican Immigrants in the United States, 2008 - Pew Research Center


Latino Children: A Majority Are U.S.-Born Offspring of Immigrants - Pew Research Center


USATODAY.com - U.S.-born Hispanics drive growth


Ramirez: Hispanics Poised To Flex Muscle in Politics, Policy | NDN


CNY Latino - ...from the Latino community for everyone in Central New York (http://www.cnylatino.com/EN/population.html - broken link)


Habla Espanol (http://mooreschool.sc.edu/moore/research/Publications/BandE/bande50/50n4/habla.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2009, 07:33 PM
 
Location: NYC
471 posts, read 855,764 times
Reputation: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
thanks.

ok, thats quite abit to read. but your ASSumptions are still off. its not 75% of offspring. its closer to 50. and you say its illegal immigration. those studies say "immigrant". it definitely cant be that all those people are illegals...

still gots more to prove.

ill have more to say when im done reading. maybe even a retraction...
To save you some back and forth with Benicar. Here is another thread were Benicar and I had the same discussion. You can try but she will stand by her assumptions, even when it isn't even mathematically possible:

Alarming statistics about how many Illegal Aliens are having kids in the US, near half of all Hispanic births
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2009, 11:46 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
thanks.

ok, thats quite abit to read. but your ASSumptions are still off. its not 75% of offspring. its closer to 50. and you say its illegal immigration. those studies say "immigrant". it definitely cant be that all those people are illegals...

still gots more to prove.

ill have more to say when im done reading. maybe even a retraction...
I believe you’re confused because we are discussing different issues. It is a fact that the majority of Hispanic “immigrants” living in this country are illegal aliens. It is also a fact that the majority of children of illegal aliens were born in this country. Review the data from my previous post, and you will discover that what I am saying is true.

1) 73% of the children of illegal aliens were born in this country. I mistakenly stated 75%. This is the most recent data.

2) 55% of the total Hispanic “immigrant” population are illegal aliens.

3) 50% of ALL Hispanic births in this country have been by illegal aliens.

4) 47% of ALL births in this country during the past decade were Hispanic.

Since the vast majority of children of illegal aliens were born in this country (73%), this indicates that the vast majority of adult illegal aliens either did not have children prior to illegally entering this country, or waited to have the bulk of their children here. Hmmm. . .

Given that the majority (55%) of Hispanic “immigrants” are illegal aliens, and 50% of all Hispanic immigrant births are by illegal aliens, it cannot be denied that illegal immigration is a major factor in the total growth of the Hispanic population in this country.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
So you’re denying the fact that the primary reason the Hispanic population in the U.S. has skyrocketed in the past 10 years is due to illegal immigration? Would you care to substantiate your claim? Add to that the fact that 75% of illegals’ offspring are born here.
Supporting data:

Quote:
The study, which analyzed census statistics, found that US-born children now account for 73 percent of all children of illegal immigrants.
Study: Number of children born to illegal immigrants jumps - The Boston Globe

Quote:
Nearly three-quarters of illegal immigrants' children were born in the USA and are citizens, according to a report released Tuesday.
Report: Most illegal immigrants' kids are U.S. citizens - USATODAY.com

Quote:
The study, which analyzed Census Bureau statistics, found that U.S.-born children now account for 73 percent of all children of illegal immigrants. And children of illegal immigrants — including those born overseas — now account for 6.8 percent of elementary and secondary school students nationwide and more than one in 10 students in Colorado, Arizona, California, Nevada and Texas.

The Census Bureau does not ask people their immigration status. So the authors used a technique that essentially estimates the number of legal immigrants using other government records such as visas issued, then subtracts that population from the total number of foreign born counted by the census to come up with the number of illegal immigrants.
Study: More kids born to illegal immigrants - The Denver Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2009, 11:55 PM
 
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
804 posts, read 1,174,929 times
Reputation: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I believe you’re confused because we are discussing different issues. It is a fact that the majority of Hispanic “immigrants” living in this country are illegal aliens. It is also a fact that the majority of children of illegal aliens were born in this country. Review the data from my previous post, and you will discover that what I am saying is true.

1) 73% of the children of illegal aliens were born in this country. I mistakenly stated 75%. This is the most recent data.

2) 55% of the total Hispanic “immigrant” population are illegal aliens.

3) 50% of ALL Hispanic births in this country have been by illegal aliens.

4) 47% of ALL births in this country during the past decade were Hispanic.

Since the vast majority of children of illegal aliens were born in this country (73%), this indicates that the vast majority of adult illegal aliens either did not have children prior to illegally entering this country, or waited to have the bulk of their children here. Hmmm. . .

Given that the majority (55%) of Hispanic “immigrants” are illegal aliens, and 50% of all Hispanic immigrant births are by illegal aliens, it cannot be denied that illegal immigration is a major factor in the total growth of the Hispanic population in this country.

Funny thing is that tops 21 years from now, the parents and brothers of those children will have a path to citizenship, no matter if CIR passes or not.

It will be in the interest of U.S. taxpayers to really educate those "anchor" babies, otherwise all those illegal aliens now, are going to end up in welfare 30 years from now, since well they will be 30 years older, and this time they are legal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2009, 01:01 AM
 
Location: Mexifornia, formerly California
31 posts, read 51,183 times
Reputation: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
Funny thing is that tops 21 years from now, the parents and brothers of those children will have a path to citizenship, no matter if CIR passes or not.

It will be in the interest of U.S. taxpayers to really educate those "anchor" babies, otherwise all those illegal aliens now, are going to end up in welfare 30 years from now, since well they will be 30 years older, and this time they are legal.
yep, and once again U.S. tax payers and American kids both get the shaft. Not saying what's wrong or right, just pointing out the facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top