U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 02:19 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,906,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
I can see why you like typing in this manner. It is fun being sarcastic over the internet without making any contributing point.[/color]
Don't fool yourself. What looks to you like 'fun' is actually hard work. It's not easy coming up with the inane comments I post. And occupying the position of some sort of 'global curmudgeon' may seem like a 'lark' to you....but I've paid a heavy price.....not the least of which is, by writing the way I have, I've forfeited your support....and apparently succeeded in alienating a great part of the Third World as well. And that's a pity, because I'm sure they don't want to alienate ME....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 02:28 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,201,363 times
Don't fool yourself. What looks to you like 'fun' is actually hard work. It's not easy coming up with the inane comments I post. And occupying the position of some sort of 'global curmudgeon' may seem like a 'lark' to you....but I've paid a heavy price.....not the least of which is, by writing the way I have, I've forfeited your support....and apparently succeeded in alienating a great part of the Third World as well. And that's a pity, because I'm sure they don't want to alienate ME....

Oh, I'm feeling the burn of being sarcastic and looking as if I'm saying something but really not...you must be tired all the time. I don't want to take it to the next step of turning off all logic and reason...I really don't want to be burned out like you seem to be. Well, all is not lost...you still have the support of those that also are in your same position of not taking the time to discuss a comprimise, not taking the time to evaluate problems, and not taking the time to understand the issues. So go on...let that flag fly high! Because at the end of the day, well, those darn poor people fighting for survival may actually hamper your hopes and dreams. Damn Third Worlders...always tempting us with their squalor, corruption, lack of wages...but at least they have cheap labor and cheap products. Oh, well...

Old 06-04-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
Were is the compasion for the small children? Send the parents back and leave the kids here alone?
Not at all. Unlike common criminals, whom we 'lock up' and thus deprive the children of the presence of Mom...or Dad...in the case of deported illegals, they are prefectly free to have their children accompany them home. If not; (if, for example, they choose to leave the kiddies in the care of a US relative) then that of course is their choice....but no, no one is 'splitting up families', except the members of the family itself. ANYONE who puts himself in legal jeopardy, of COURSE, impacts the lives of his own minor children...that sort of 'goes with the territory'.

If you want to have an absolute GUARANTEE you'll never have to be separated from your children, a good start would be to make sure you YOURSELF are never put in a position to lose them by disobeying the law.

Nevertheless, NO ONE is advocating 'splitting up families'...particularly in the case of illegals. That's a tired, but false, refrain.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:38 PM

What about those that were born American citizens? They legally can live here...Should their parent's be able to live here as well to raise them? Obviously they came here for a reason, otherwise they would have stayed in their country of origin. The obviously want the best for their kids and wanted opportunities that are not granted in their place of origin (namely Mexico and Latin America).

How should we handle this situation? Studies show that they will have a better chance with their biological family than being placed in the system.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Perhaps a reminder is warranted. This is the Illegal Immigration Forum, and we discuss issues pertaining to illegal aliens. If you want to engage in a lengthy dialogue on Blacks in America, there are other forums for that purpose.
No doubt you're correct....a lengthy discussion on 'Blacks in America' probably would be better served on a forum on that subject, rather than on one titled 'illegal immigration'. Still, I'm afraid we'd be at the same point we're at now....because probably NINETY-EIGHT PERCENT of all the participants on THAT forum wouldn't be qualified to post their thoughts, any more than they are on THIS one...even IF they were black, and even IF they lived in America..they STILL couldn't speak with any authority on the subject.

One guy who COULD do so comes to mind....(he's been there, done that, or at least knows people who HAVE)....but I'd better not mention him. I might get scolded....

Old 06-04-2009, 02:46 PM

25 posts, read 27,770 times
Quote:
What about those that were born American citizens? They legally can live here...Should their parent's be able to live here as well to raise them? Obviously they came here for a reason, otherwise they would have stayed in their country of origin. The obviously want the best for their kids and wanted opportunities that are not granted in their place of origin (namely Mexico and Latin America).

How should we handle this situation? Studies show that they will have a better chance with their biological family than being placed in the system.
I think the best way to handle this is for those wanting to come here for a better life to go through the legal immigration process. Respecting the laws of the United States goes a long way to becoming a welcome addition to our country. Millions of people become legal immigrants. Why should illegal aliens be entitled to the same life as those who are here legally? I don't understand why that concept is so difficult to grasp.

This thread is about illegal immigration and how to "compromise," not justify those who are here illegally, no matter what race or ethnicity.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:53 PM

[quote=macmeal;9136679]No doubt you're correct....a lengthy discussion on 'Blacks in America' probably would be better served on a forum on that subject, rather than on one titled 'illegal immigration'. Still, I'm afraid we'd be at the same point we're at now....because probably NINETY-EIGHT PERCENT of all the participants on THAT forum wouldn't be qualified to post their thoughts, any more than they are on THIS one...even IF they were black, and even IF they lived in America..they STILL couldn't speak with any authority on the subject.

I'm not the one who brought it up...she did. So you can tell her what type of forum this is...

One guy who COULD do so comes to mind....(he's been there, done that, or at least knows people who HAVE)....but I'd better not mention him. I might get scolded....

You know, at first I really did try to be nice on these forums. Got torn to bits by trying to be polite. **** it. Thanks Macmeal...you showed me that being politite and trying hard to stick to the points isn't nearly as fun. In fact, avoiding the topics, being sarcastic, and overall just being a prick is better. So I thank you. I thank you for your example and leadership. Without your guidance in all this...it would not have been possible to be as great a poster as you are.

It's funny, but actually...I envy those that take the world in a simplistic manner. I mean being able to just compress things into "it's their fault" or
"third world mentality" what have you...ignorance is bliss. You see the world as us vs. them...black and white. Like my nephew...the world is binary...not nuanced and gray.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:54 PM

21,148 posts, read 37,397,243 times
Quote:

Of course not.

Either the parents relenquish (sp) custody or their US born minor children accompany their parents back home.

Problem solved

Old 06-04-2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:

That was already addressed in the post previous. Yes, such children can legally live here; their parents can not. It's a personal decision up to the family whether these kids would be better served by remaining in the 'nuclear family' back home, or staying with relatives here. It's sad the positions adults can put their kids in...but "little Junior's" welfare is almost NEVER used as a reason to get 'Mom and Dad' off the hook for their legal misfortunes. If you go to jail, your kid stays with others....true in ALL cases. If your gambling habit causes you to lose your home, your kid ends up living in a motel along with you. If you use drugs or recieve stolen merchandise, your kid grows up in an atmosphere of constant police raids on HIS home...courtesy of you. And if you illegally move to a country where you have no business going, then when things catch up to you, your kid suffers along with you.

Want to spare your kids the ugliness of life? Fine....keep yourself out of legal jeopardy. It's sad what parents can do to their kids....but that's not the fault of society.

Old 06-04-2009, 03:31 PM

[quote=that1guy;9136823]
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
No doubt you're correct....a lengthy discussion on 'Blacks in America' probably would be better served on a forum on that subject, rather than on one titled 'illegal immigration'. Still, I'm afraid we'd be at the same point we're at now....because probably NINETY-EIGHT PERCENT of all the participants on THAT forum wouldn't be qualified to post their thoughts, any more than they are on THIS one...even IF they were black, and even IF they lived in America..they STILL couldn't speak with any authority on the subject.

I'm not the one who brought it up...she did. So you can tell her what type of forum this is...

You know, at first I really did try to be nice on these forums. Got torn to bits by trying to be polite. **** it. Thanks Macmeal...you showed me that being politite and trying hard to stick to the points isn't nearly as fun. In fact, avoiding the topics, being sarcastic, and overall just being a prick is better. So I thank you. I thank you for your example and leadership. Without your guidance in all this...it would not have been possible to be as great a poster as you are.

It's funny, but actually...I envy those that take the world in a simplistic manner. I mean being able to just compress things into "it's their fault" or
"third world mentality" what have you...ignorance is bliss. You see the world as us vs. them...black and white. Like my nephew...the world is binary...not nuanced and gray.
Sorry you seem angry..but this is a forum about illegal immigration, not anthropology, morality, or human behavior. Some years ago, when we had a million illegals in the US, would have been a GREAT time for 'seeing the other side', hearing 'the other guy's point', and observing the various 'nuanced shades of grey'.

Today, after one HUGE, and several smaller, amnesties, we stand at about 20 million illegals. At that point, perhaps the time has run out for seeing 'shades of grey', and 'black and white' may indeed better describe the situation. Illegal immigration is WRONG in the sense it's illegal, and that point alone makes it PRETTY black-and-white, all other considerations aside. When we get a handle on our 20 million illegals, later of course we can always go back to 'seeing both sides'. Right now, that seems pretty far-fetched. Illegal immigration is ILLEGAL....period. What, exactly is the 'other side' of that concept?

Maybe YOU could profit by listening to the "other side" of your own family....sounds to me like your nephew MAY have a few ideas that it wouldn't hurt you to consider....(I know...this is a trick...and he's really 3 years old...right?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration