U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 01:38 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Benicar, sounds like you lose. You just don't have the background to comment on this subject..but shucks, don't feel bad....no one does. I thought I knew a few things, too...sadly, like you, I found I was mistaken.

The best thing folks like us can do, apparently, is to keep our 'mouths shut and our ears open'. Let's step aside here and learn from those who KNOW about these things.

Best of luck to you....and remember..."It's not your fault" Living here in America, there's just no way you COULD have known any better.
I think you’re right. What could I, a black woman, possibly know about the experiences of blacks in this country? What could I possibly know about the quality of education available in the black community; or the environment in which blacks live; or for that matter, what could I possibly know about ANYTHING related to Black folks? Actually, I have a heck of a lot of nerve even broaching the subject.

Thanks, macmeal! I can always count on you to help me see the light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 01:43 PM

3,162 posts, read 10,295,946 times
I do believe that a compromise will be reached eventually.

In my humble and personal opinion and perception, this world is dual, impermanent and relative, those are the only constants of the world.

People changes, Society changes, Countries change, nothing stands still but yet it's part of the human nature to cling desperately to what is familiar for us and resist those changes even though resistance is futile in most of the cases.

Unfortunately, most changes are slow and painful but they eventually happen, this global era has just began, younger generations are growing with it and embracing it much faster than us, it is natural for them, they have friends in several countries and play videogames online with them, for a lot of people those concepts such as nationality, ethnicity, culture aren't that important anymore, and as the younger generations continue to grow up there will be one day when all this doesn't matter anymore, there won't be illegal immigrants because there will be much less restrictions to immigration people will be able to live and work wherever they want. When they read about our era in their history books, they will reflect on how primitive we were, just the same way we do when we read about the middle ages.

I don't know if this will take decades or centuries, but hopefully we'll be alive to see it.

Even though some days it seems that we are going downwards mankind is still in the rise and we will evolve into something more fairer, less selfish, less petty, less materialistic and more spiritual, these are just the growing pains.

Last edited by Travelling fella; 06-04-2009 at 02:19 PM..

Old 06-04-2009, 01:46 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,076,921 times
I think you’re right. What could I, a black woman, possibly know about the experiences of blacks in this country? What could I possibly know about the quality of education available in the black community; or the environment in which blacks live; or for that matter, what could I possibly know about ANYTHING related to Black folks? Actually, I have a heck of a lot of nerve even broaching the subject.

Wow, not even on topic. Good one. Good for you for being to avoid the major talking points! Kudos! You rock on being able to only see one variable to complex problems. You know who else did? President Bush entering into Iraq. Good thing he decided to look at things as simply as possible without understanding the subject at hand. Also real good at avoiding the subject. Future politician in the making here? Watch out White House Benicar is movin' on up!

Let's not even mention the discrimination that occurs on today's poor. Let's glaze over facts and figures. Let's not look at root causes. Instead, let's place blame SOLELY on the individual. After all, it is their fault they are poor. Why can't they simply WANT to be better off? They are too lazy to be rich. Hell, they are so lazy that they rather die an early death.

Yeah thanks mac...for being a shining beacon for us all!

Old 06-04-2009, 01:51 PM

I do believe that a compromise will be reached eventually.

Me too, but I think it will be a long from now.

In my humble and personal opinion and perception, this world is dual, impermanent and relative, those are the only constants of the world.

People changes, Society changes, Countries change, nothing stands still but yet it's part of the human nature to cling desperately to what is familiar for us and resist those changes even though resistance is futile in most of the cases.

I just hope we change towards global equality, not having a Global South and Global North.

Unfortunately, most changes slow and painful but they eventually happen, this global era has just began, younger generations are growing with it and embracing it much faster than us, it is natural for them, they have friends in several countries and play videogames online with them, for a lot of people those concepts such as nationality, ethnicity culture aren't that important anymore, and as the younger generations continue to grow up there will be one day when all this doesn't matter anymore, there won't be illegal immigrants because there will be much less restrictions to immigration people will be able to live and work wherever they want. When they read about our era in their history books, they will reflect on how primitive we were, just the same way we do when we read about the middle ages.

Increasingly, as we become a global economy (with multinational corps) as well as having communication across vast distances instantly...we will def. become a larger, more integrated community. With that said, this will only be able to occur if the global wealth disaparities lessen.

I don't know if this will take decades or centuries, but hopefully we'll be alive to see it.

Me too.

Even though some days it seems that we are going downwards mankind is still in the rise and we will evolve into something more fairer, less selfish, less petty, less materialistic and more spiritual.

I don't know...on the one hand, as the French say "the more things change, the more they stay the same"...on the other hand, things def. have changed.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:06 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post

Wow, not even on topic. Good one. Good for you for being to avoid the major talking points! Kudos! You rock on being able to only see one variable to complex problems. You know who else did? President Bush entering into Iraq. Good thing he decided to look at things as simply as possible without understanding the subject at hand. Also real good at avoiding the subject. Future politician in the making here? Watch out White House Benicar is movin' on up!

Let's not even mention the discrimination that occurs on today's poor. Let's glaze over facts and figures. Let's not look at root causes. Instead, let's place blame SOLELY on the individual. After all, it is their fault they are poor. Why can't they simply WANT to be better off? They are too lazy to be rich. Hell, they are so lazy that they rather die an early death.

Yeah thanks mac...for being a shining beacon for us all!
Perhaps a reminder is warranted. This is the Illegal Immigration Forum, and we discuss issues pertaining to illegal aliens. If you want to engage in a lengthy dialogue on Blacks in America, there are other forums for that purpose.

Trying to deflect blame, will by no means further your pro-illegal cause. Furthermore, there is no comparison between the plight of those who willfully choose to violate our laws, and the inequities experienced by lawful citizens of this country, regardless of race/ethnicity. Give it up already.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:11 PM

[quote=Benicar;9136038]Perhaps a reminder is warranted. This is the Illegal Immigration Forum, and we discuss issues pertaining to illegal aliens. If you want to engage in a lengthy dialogue on Blacks in America, there are other forums for that purpose.

Now, she's back on track! Awesome! Glad to have with us. Just a quick reminder? Who started that tangent? If I remember correctly, you did.

Trying to deflect blame, will by no means further your pro-illegal cause. Furthermore, there is no comparison between the plight of those who willfully choose to violate our laws, and the inequities experienced by lawful citizens of this country, regardless of race/ethnicity. Give it up already.

Really? None whatsoever? Again, read up on it. There are A LOT of similarities. You even touched upon those in your tangent about African Americans. Inequalities such as distribution of wealth and resources are the same. Also, the migration patterns (move from place of little opportunity to a place with more opportunities...Hence why Blacks moved into Compton in the 1950s...and why Blacks moved out of Compton in the 1980s to Moreno Valley, Palmdale, Lancaster...it's all to find a better life).

Go beyond your bubble already.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:12 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Perhaps a reminder is warranted. This is the Illegal Immigration Forum, and we discuss issues pertaining to illegal aliens. If you want to engage in a lengthy dialogue on Blacks in America, there are other forums for that purpose.

As you and I know quite well: most pro illegal alien apologists (especially the crop of losers that were on here just a few days ago) are quite delusional----------at best.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:14 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post

Now, she's back on track! Awesome! Glad to have with us. Just a quick reminder? Who started that tangent? If I remember correctly, you did.

Really? None whatsoever? Again, read up on it. There are A LOT of similarities. You even touched upon those in your tangent about African Americans. Inequalities such as distribution of wealth and resources are the same. Also, the migration patterns (move from place of little opportunity to a place with more opportunities...Hence why Blacks moved into Compton in the 1950s...and why Blacks moved out of Compton in the 1980s to Moreno Valley, Palmdale, Lancaster...it's all to find a better life).

Go beyond your bubble already.
In one word:

Tough!

We do not owe illegals anything aside from a one way ticket back their homelands. If it means breaking up families---------so be it.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:18 PM

435 posts, read 536,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
In one word:

Tough!

We do not owe illegals anything aside from a one way ticket back their homelands. If it means breaking up families---------so be it.

Were is the compasion for the small children? Send the parents back and leave the kids here alone?

Old 06-04-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
In one word:

Tough!

AMERICA **** YEAH!!! Going to save the mother ****ing day yeah...
Everytime you post I hear that song playing in my head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration