Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 03:21 PM

439 posts, read 616,885 times

Advertisements

Most of your the jobs that people are crying losing to Illegals are not really taken buy illegals instead they are ship to India or Pakistan. Next time you call Sprint or At&t you will get some one from Indian. Also American Companies go to Europe and Asia and bring people to work on work visas to take American Jobs and that is the truth. So please stop blaming Illegal Aliens for taking your job unless you pour foundations or dig ditch holes or pick fruits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 03:37 PM

807 posts, read 1,302,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
Most of your the jobs that people are crying losing to Illegals are not really taken buy illegals instead they are ship to India or Pakistan. Next time you call Sprint or At&t you will get some one from Indian. Also American Companies go to Europe and Asia and bring people to work on work visas to take American Jobs and that is the truth. So please stop blaming Illegal Aliens for taking your job unless you pour foundations or dig ditch holes or pick fruits.
Outsourcing is ONE way that people, including myself, have lost jobs, but with "The World Is Flat" Thomas Friedmen, Globalist-Mentality, the jobs are supposed to be created in the "Service Based Economy" sector..

That said, the "Service Based jobs" such as fast food, retail, cash station attendant, etc.. are being filled in mass numbers by Illegal Aliens.. Illegal Aliens are NOT only "digging ditches" and picking fruits, but are working in the meat cutting industry, and other assembly work as well as restaurants, etc..

Old 06-02-2009, 04:47 PM

50,269 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
Lose your job to an illegal and get back to us on that

Old 06-02-2009, 04:49 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,697,875 times
they took yer job!

Old 06-02-2009, 04:51 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,496 times
I'm pretty sure it's Kellem on this forum, who is not a citizen, and says he works in I.T. Do Americans no longer want/deserve I.T. jobs now also? The list of "jobs Americans won't do" sure is getting long......

Old 06-02-2009, 04:53 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ngzer0 View Post
they took yer job!
LMAO. They took er jubs!

Old 06-02-2009, 04:59 PM

14 posts, read 12,623 times
I think it's sad how so many compaines are totally playing people against each other in the subject of immigration. They send jobs overseas, get rich and then let people get angry at illegals who are picking fruit. Those company CEO's totally know how easily it is to trick people and it's worked.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:14 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newideas View Post
I think it's sad how so many compaines are totally playing people against each other in the subject of immigration. They send jobs overseas, get rich and then let people get angry at illegals who are picking fruit. Those company CEO's totally know how easily it is to trick people and it's worked.
Roughly 2-4% of illegals in this country work agriculture. The remaining 96-98% work construction, hospitality, fast food restaurants, landscaping, and the list goes on. . .

They are now even hiring illegal uncertified aircraft mechanics to work on our planes. It’s a disaster waiting to happen.

Each time an industry becomes greedy and seeks illegal workers, that industry is added to the list of jobs "Americans won’t do.”

Old 06-02-2009, 05:27 PM

50,269 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newideas View Post
It used to be stoop labor and such but they have spread like, I hate to say it, a virus. They now have a foot hold on our social services and have abused our schools all to their adantage. I hold our Government responsible for this. Displacing Americans at the gain of Illegal Aliens is beyond reproach.

I'm ok with "picking fruit", I'm not ok with some a$$hat making 15 an hour under the table slapping boards together on the house some American wants to buy.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:32 PM

804 posts, read 1,359,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
I'm pretty sure it's Kellem on this forum, who is not a citizen, and says he works in I.T. Do Americans no longer want/deserve I.T. jobs now also? The list of "jobs Americans won't do" sure is getting long......
I did IT for 6 years, the needed someone who can speak Spanish ( I work with many companies in multiple continents), since I speak Spanish, I can also communicate with people who speak Portuguese and Italian if we both speak slowly. And they couldn't find anyone here to fill in the spot. They actually sponsored quite a few people who could speak Spanish, Portuguese, French or any combination of those languages.

I no longer work on IT though, I am in grad school getting a Ph.D. in engineering, and judging from my class demographics, this is 'job' that U.S. citizens don't want either. More than half of the people I study with are on student visas, and also for most of them English is not their first language. I don't think even for the majority of my teachers English is their first language.

Now, you cannot cite economic reasons for not going through with a Ph.D., unless some very exceptional circumstances apply to you. It is rare to find a Ph.D. student (pre-candidate or candidate) who is paying for his degree out of his own pocket. We even get stipends to cover living expenses, you don't make a lot of money, but it's enough to cover the basics.

They even include health insurance for you and your family in a lot of the packages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration