U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-02-2009, 05:52 PM
 
14 posts, read 9,224 times
Reputation: 13

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Sure, we buy all that. Heres the real story.

You buy "Panco's" fruits & veggies. You die from infection or E-Coli 1 week later. "Pancho" runs back to Mexico.

"Pancho's" kids baby sit at your house. Things come up missing & your house is broken into 3 days later. 1 week later you learn "Pancho" has no kids, the "baby sitter" was a 14yr old runaway from Dallas.

"Pancho" (that Mexican dude) builds you fence. Half way through, "Pancho" runs back to Mexico with the 600 bucks you gave him ( good faith money & money to buy materials) and the first part of the fence falls over. Turns out "Pancho" knows nothing about fences, his friend "Pedro" told him how to build it, but. Cheeze. you know, cheeze (she's) just to hard to build. Or Cheezeus Christ, thats way more work than we thought.

The following month the roof "Panco & Cronies" put on your house blows off, the city code inspector tells you to "redo" "Pancho's" plumming job and your garage burns up because illegals gave you a Deal on rewiring it . So. here you are, standing In the ruins, looking at the aftermath of destruction and some " Mexican dude" walks up and says " hey man, I cain geet you a deel on som work, cheap"..

HELL NO. End of story............
Hmmm... so your telling us that you know for a fact that you've never eaten one single fruit or veggie that was picked by an illegal? Come on, who are you kidding! Obviously you're alive, no e-coli got you.
Oh and the quote you made up " hey man, I cain geet you a deel on som work, cheap" is totally racist stereotype. You obviously can't have a real exchange without bringing in your hidden hatrid of people from Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-02-2009, 06:12 PM
 
Location: Helena, Montana
2,010 posts, read 2,050,393 times
Reputation: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
If you own a house or buy fruits or have baby sitters you maybe have benefit from Illegals. You house was cheaper because of Illegals and so were you fruits and vegetables. Humans will always look for a deal.

So if you have Joe Blow the White fence maker who is going to charger you $2500 to put your fence up and then you have Pancho the Mexican dude that is going to do it for $ 1000 are you going to ask Pancho " Hey are you Illegal and then pay Joe Blow $ 2500? HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!! Pancho gets job end of story.
I'm sure this is the case, but it sure as hell isn't by choice. If I had a choice, I would DEFINITELY pay more to put Americans to work doing these jobs, especially in today's economy with so many out of work. Also, if "Pancho" does crappy work, then it's not going to cost me $1000, or save me $1500 as you view it, it's going to cost me $3500 when I have to have Pancho's crappy work re-done by the guy who would have done it right the first time. Plus, why does he have to be a "white" fence builder and not just an American? I thought this wasn't about race?Sorry ProLogic, I missed your point there.

As far as houses being cheaper because of illegals? Fat chance. I know how much lumber and property cost, using illegals just puts more profit into the Contruction company CEO's pocket.

And as far as the work quality between illegals and Americans, too many are missing the point. Not all illegals do crappy work, and not all Americans do good work, but too many illegals who do crappy work are taking from the American who does good work but can't afford to support his family at depressed wages. And even if the illegal does good work, HE STILL SHOULDN'T BE HERE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2009, 06:57 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,075 posts, read 1,782,538 times
Reputation: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
If you own a house or buy fruits or have baby sitters you maybe have benefit from Illegals. You house was cheaper because of Illegals and so were you fruits and vegetables. Humans will always look for a deal.

So if you have Joe Blow the White fence maker who is going to charger you $2500 to put your fence up and then you have Pancho the Mexican dude that is going to do it for $ 1000 are you going to ask Pancho " Hey are you Illegal and then pay Joe Blow $ 2500? HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!! Pancho gets job end of story.
You are calling me a racist ? I guess you must be to damn stupid to read your own posts. "Joe Blow the white fence maker"? Hell no , nothing racist there. Lets see here, its "Joe Blow Whitey vs Pancho" right? You sure as hell don't sterotype people, huh.

As far as E-Coli goes, read a news paper or watch the news every once in a while. Not real informed are you?

As far as your opinion goes, I personally couldn't care less. If you don't like what I wrote, tough. Call the mods . End of story !!!!!!

Oh, and about that hatrid thing. Get back 2 me when you can spell it right. OK ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2009, 11:53 PM
 
435 posts, read 537,702 times
Reputation: 156
The problem with this is that I never said if Pancho was Illegal or legal did I. I just said he was Mexican and just because he was Mexican and charging less he was Illegal and was going to do a poor job. I just proved my point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2009, 11:58 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,958,315 times
Reputation: 22179
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
If you own a house or buy fruits or have baby sitters you maybe have benefit from Illegals. You house was cheaper because of Illegals and so were you fruits and vegetables. Humans will always look for a deal.

So if you have Joe Blow the White fence maker who is going to charger you $2500 to put your fence up and then you have Pancho the Mexican dude that is going to do it for $ 1000 are you going to ask Pancho " Hey are you Illegal and then pay Joe Blow $ 2500? HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!! Pancho gets job end of story.
Houses were much cheaper in the 1970's and 1980's before the deluge of illegals came flooding over the border. Food prices were much lower back then too. Illegals did not bring down the price of houses, the state with the most illegals is California and the housing prices are higher there than just about anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2009, 12:00 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,958,315 times
Reputation: 22179
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
The problem with this is that I never said if Pancho was Illegal or legal did I. I just said he was Mexican and just because he was Mexican and charging less he was Illegal and was going to do a poor job. I just proved my point.
Usually you get what you pay for -- a cheap fence by the cheapest possible unskilled labor, but if you want quality workmanship, you have to pay more.

For that reason it's stupid to pick up some day laborer you see out begging for a job in some parking lot. It's better to go with a licensed and bonded company with trained workers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2009, 12:00 AM
 
435 posts, read 537,702 times
Reputation: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Houses were much cheaper in the 1970's and 1980's before the deluge of illegals came flooding over the border. Food prices were much lower back then too. Illegals did not bring down the price of houses, the state with the most illegals is California and the housing prices are higher there than just about anywhere.
Thats because location location. The land is more expensive in California then say New Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2009, 12:04 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,958,315 times
Reputation: 22179
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
not really. many illegals hold construction jobs and ag jobs in CA> houses still standing. fruit not poisoning.

regualtions and codes exist for a reason. there is lots of oversight, not on workers proof of citizenship, but on their craftsmenship.

just because a worker is illegal doesnt mean they dont know how to do a job. thats a BIG myth.

i had some guys build a cinder block wall. i dont know if they were illegal or not. they were recomended by a neighbor. had "handymen" business cards, the kind you see the guys at home depot hand out.
we took the appropriate permits out, the work was inspected (at various levels of completion by city code enforcement) and the wall has yet to have a problem(10 years after the fact). had the same guys do my roof. did a superb job, which was also inspected by the city.

now if you choose to do things without permits and inspection, then you are at fault. its not always about illegal or not.
You can be quite sure that an employer so hell-bent on making a quick profit by hiring nothing but the cheapest workers and willing to break any law to do so, is going to also try to make a quick profit by using the cheapest materials and skirt other laws too.

It's all about quick big profits and a willingness to break the laws to get themselves rich.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2009, 01:45 AM
 
Location: Missouri
3,640 posts, read 4,320,018 times
Reputation: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
If you own a house or buy fruits or have baby sitters you maybe have benefit from Illegals. You house was cheaper because of Illegals and so were you fruits and vegetables. Humans will always look for a deal.

So if you have Joe Blow the White fence maker who is going to charger you $2500 to put your fence up and then you have Pancho the Mexican dude that is going to do it for $ 1000 are you going to ask Pancho " Hey are you Illegal and then pay Joe Blow $ 2500? HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!! Pancho gets job end of story.
I think you do nothing but make excuses for illegals and that makes you as bad as they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2009, 01:47 AM
 
Location: Missouri
3,640 posts, read 4,320,018 times
Reputation: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
The problem with this is that I never said if Pancho was Illegal or legal did I. I just said he was Mexican and just because he was Mexican and charging less he was Illegal and was going to do a poor job. I just proved my point.
Here is the deal illegal lover....A Mexican is someone who is a citizen of Mexico. An American is someone who happens to be a citizen of the United States. If a citizen calls himself a Mexican then he si not an American. Capice?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top