Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 03:28 PM

439 posts, read 616,992 times

Advertisements

If you own a house or buy fruits or have baby sitters you maybe have benefit from Illegals. You house was cheaper because of Illegals and so were you fruits and vegetables. Humans will always look for a deal.

So if you have Joe Blow the White fence maker who is going to charger you $2500 to put your fence up and then you have Pancho the Mexican dude that is going to do it for $ 1000 are you going to ask Pancho " Hey are you Illegal and then pay Joe Blow $ 2500? HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!! Pancho gets job end of story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 03:32 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
If you own a house or buy fruits or have baby sitters you maybe have benefit from Illegals. You house was cheaper because of Illegals and so were you fruits and vegetables. Humans will always look for a deal.

So if you have Joe Blow the White fence maker who is going to charger you $2500 to put your fence up and then you have Pancho the Mexican dude that is going to do it for $ 1000 are you going to ask Pancho " Hey are you Illegal and then pay Joe Blow $ 2500? HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!! Pancho gets job end of story.
How does an obstetrician whose bill does not get paid when he or she has to deliver the baby of an illegal benefit? Or an ER doctor whose waiting room is full of illegals, none of whom will pay their bills?

Old 06-02-2009, 03:32 PM

807 posts, read 1,302,940 times
Quote:

"Pancho" may get $1000 for that shoddy fence work but the fence will likely fall apart and you will have to hire Joe Blow to put the fence back up for an additional $2500.. You get what you paid for.. Cheaper doesn't necessarily mean better..

Besides, Pancho's "cheap labor" will help depress wages in your local area, therefore chances are the "benefits" of Pancho may put people (including the person who hired Pancho) out of a job.. Not to mention the extra taxes one has to pay because "Pancho" cannot afford to buy groceries on his meager salary for himself, his wife Esmeralda and their 2 kids, and the baby on the way, so they would have to go on Food Stamps not to mention the prenatal care that Esmeralda needs due to her pregnancy..

Old 06-02-2009, 03:43 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
"Pancho" may get $1000 for that shoddy fence work but the fence will likely fall apart and you will have to hire Joe Blow to put the fence back up for an additional $2500.. You get what you paid for.. Cheaper doesn't necessarily mean better..

Besides, Pancho's "cheap labor" will help depress wages in your local area, therefore chances are the "benefits" of Pancho may put people (including the person who hired Pancho) out of a job.. Not to mention the extra taxes one has to pay because "Pancho" cannot afford to buy groceries on his meager salary for himself, his wife Esmeralda and their 2 kids, and the baby on the way, so they would have to go on Food Stamps not to mention the prenatal care that Esmeralda needs due to her pregnancy..
Man, it's like you crawled into my head and ripped the thoughts out. You are damn right that fence will be falling down, along with your house if you bought it in the last 10 years or so. You people can believe what you want, but I see the mess that gets thrown up in houses these days and you can forget about quality. Shingles barely nailed onto the roof, framing off two and three inches within 10 feet, and basically subpar work from every angle. It's pretty bad when companies are willing to hire illegals to do the bulk work, then turn right back around and spend as much on qualified American workers to fix as much of the mess as they can so the homes can pass codes. See, there is a right way to do work and there is a wrong way. These people simply do it the fastest way they can find because they are charging so little. And the really sad thing is my partner and I can go head to head with a two man team of illegals and completely blow them out of the water while actually doing the work right. They don't work harder or better folks, they just work cheaper and there are no labor laws to protect them because they are illegals. Why do you think they will work on a roof in the middle of a snowstorm? Because their boss says they have too. There are no laws to stop these labor pimps from abusing these workers. If they protest, they will simply be replaced with another body from the never ending pool of new illegals. There are so many reasons why illegals need to be dealt with, and it isn't just because they are here illegally. They are being used and abused by people who would rather go around the rules that were put in place to protect the American worker. It's time to stop the insanity.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:49 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:

Spare us, we have all heard the “Pancho” story.

I can assure you, illegals did not build my house. During construction, I visited the site on numerous occasions, and they were ALL legal. The mere fact that my roof is still intact proves it wasn’t done by illegals. I have also NEVER used the services of an illegal alien babysitter; and I check the labels of all fruit I buy. I purchase my veggies from a local grower, specifically because they don’t label fresh veggies in the grocery store. If it is not produced in the USA or Canada, I won’t buy it.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:51 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:

1. You house will be falling apart in 5 years or less.
2. You will die of food poisoning from contaminated produce.
3. Anyone crazy enough to hire an illegal for a babysitter is asking for trouble.

I fail to see how this benefits anyone. Except the illegal who is here to loot the US.

Many people are intelligent enough to realize that the cheapest deal is not always the best. If you pay less than half of what a legitimate contractor is asking for a fence then you should not be too surprised if your fence does not last very long. And Pancho the Mexican dude will be nowhere to be found when the new fence is falling over.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:52 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,852,079 times
Quote:
Whatever I may have saved due to illegal aliens being in the united states (lower prices for goods and services) has been more than made up for by increased taxes on me and debt on my children....

Old 06-02-2009, 04:29 PM

14 posts, read 12,634 times
If there were no jobs for illegals they wouldn't be here, period. So that must mean there are jobs for them. Jobs that aren't being done or wanted by non-illegals.
Typically the senario is that you actually do hire "Joe Blow" and he charges you $2,500 to put up your fence. You sign the contract and then he sends out Pancho to put the fence and pays him $200. Then "Joe Blow" probably yells about illegals taking over everything. There would be no illegals if we didn't use their services in one way or another.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:34 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
1. You house will be falling apart in 5 years or less.
2. You will die of food poisoning from contaminated produce.
not really. many illegals hold construction jobs and ag jobs in CA> houses still standing. fruit not poisoning.

regualtions and codes exist for a reason. there is lots of oversight, not on workers proof of citizenship, but on their craftsmenship.

just because a worker is illegal doesnt mean they dont know how to do a job. thats a BIG myth.

i had some guys build a cinder block wall. i dont know if they were illegal or not. they were recomended by a neighbor. had "handymen" business cards, the kind you see the guys at home depot hand out.
we took the appropriate permits out, the work was inspected (at various levels of completion by city code enforcement) and the wall has yet to have a problem(10 years after the fact). had the same guys do my roof. did a superb job, which was also inspected by the city.

now if you choose to do things without permits and inspection, then you are at fault. its not always about illegal or not.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:35 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,749 times
Quote:

Sure, we buy all that. Heres the real story.

You buy "Panco's" fruits & veggies. You die from infection or E-Coli 1 week later. "Pancho" runs back to Mexico.

"Pancho's" kids baby sit at your house. Things come up missing & your house is broken into 3 days later. 1 week later you learn "Pancho" has no kids, the "baby sitter" was a 14yr old runaway from Dallas.

"Pancho" (that Mexican dude) builds you fence. Half way through, "Pancho" runs back to Mexico with the 600 bucks you gave him ( good faith money & money to buy materials) and the first part of the fence falls over. Turns out "Pancho" knows nothing about fences, his friend "Pedro" told him how to build it, but. Cheeze. you know, cheeze (she's) just to hard to build. Or Cheezeus Christ, thats way more work than we thought.

The following month the roof "Panco & Cronies" put on your house blows off, the city code inspector tells you to "redo" "Pancho's" plumming job and your garage burns up because illegals gave you a Deal on rewiring it . So. here you are, standing In the ruins, looking at the aftermath of destruction and some " Mexican dude" walks up and says " hey man, I cain geet you a deel on som work, cheap"..

HELL NO. End of story............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration