U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-02-2009, 05:24 PM
 
Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,582,143 times
Reputation: 267

Advertisements

Quote:
Sheriff Joe Arpaio is asking the Justice Department to investigate the Obama administration -- specifically the Department of Homeland Security, which is led by former Arizona governor, Janet Napolitano.

Arpaio believes he's being unfairly targeted. The sheriff's attorney delivered an 8-page letter to the head of the Justice department, saying the investigation into his department's practices stems from a political agenda and lawyers acting improperly.

The letter details the events surrounding a routine March audit by Homeland Security with senior MCSO officials. No lawyers were present -- and the sheriff says that auditors then shared their information with Civil Rights Division attorneys.

"We are defending ourselves. I'm defending our office, my constitutional authority to enforce all the laws," said Arpaio.
Arpaio Goes Head-to-Head with Feds (http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/text_only/arpaio_vs_feds_06_01_2009 - broken link)

Way to go, Joe!

No law enforcement officer should EVER be harassed by politically correct pro-illegals due to faithful enforcement the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-02-2009, 05:38 PM
 
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
804 posts, read 1,174,645 times
Reputation: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Arpaio Goes Head-to-Head with Feds (http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/text_only/arpaio_vs_feds_06_01_2009 - broken link)

Way to go, Joe!

No law enforcement officer should EVER be harassed by politically correct pro-illegals due to faithful enforcement the law.
Haha. From the looks of it, Arpaio is throwing a last ditch effort.

Bye Bye Arpaio, and "Thanks for all the fish!!!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2009, 05:40 PM
 
Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,582,143 times
Reputation: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
Haha. From the looks of it, Arpaio is throwing a last ditch effort.

Bye Bye Arpaio, and "Thanks for all the fish!!!"
Last ditch effort? LOL. He's retaliating against pro-illegal & politically correct attempts to remove him for arresting criminal illegal aliens.

When investigations against him were thrown out a few months ago, what does that tell you?

Oh, wait a minute, you're an advocate for illegal immigration and against law enforcement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2009, 06:36 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,075 posts, read 1,773,603 times
Reputation: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
Haha. From the looks of it, Arpaio is throwing a last ditch effort.

Bye Bye Arpaio, and "Thanks for all the fish!!!"
You wish. You are quoting "Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy"?? Good 1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2009, 01:13 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
60,077 posts, read 30,599,526 times
Reputation: 12814
Funny thing is, Joe was not appointed to Sheriff, he was elected by the people who legally can vote.
Last ditch. If you have not noticed, Joe doesn't put up with that crap, he doesn't fold, unlike most of the passive crowd. Also unlike many, he is not afraid of the Obama administration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2009, 03:59 PM
 
95 posts, read 111,914 times
Reputation: 30
Article from March 2009:

http://news.ncmonline.com/news/view_article.html?article_id=7387040fe0573212258fd 634bc461b2b

"But Arpaio said that the mayor’s request for a federal investigation by the Department if Justice is based on “garbage.” “That’s why nothing came out of it, and Congress is basing their case on the same garbage when by asking Secretary of Justice and my friend Janet Napolitano to investigate me. I’m not worried, let them investigate me. I have nothing to hide,” Arpaio told the reporter."


Why is Arpaio worried now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2009, 04:15 PM
 
8,180 posts, read 11,033,451 times
Reputation: 2873
Quote:
Originally Posted by elansingghost View Post
Article from March 2009:

http://news.ncmonline.com/news/view_article.html?article_id=7387040fe0573212258fd 634bc461b2b

"But Arpaio said that the mayor’s request for a federal investigation by the Department if Justice is based on “garbage.” “That’s why nothing came out of it, and Congress is basing their case on the same garbage when by asking Secretary of Justice and my friend Janet Napolitano to investigate me. I’m not worried, let them investigate me. I have nothing to hide,” Arpaio told the reporter."


Why is Arpaio worried now?
Maybe he is pizzed that he is under pressure to not enforce the law so that politicians can 'get theirs'.
I mean, you really don't think Obama, W, et al are really concerned about the plight of illegal immigrants themselves, do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2009, 04:37 PM
 
95 posts, read 111,914 times
Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I mean, you really don't think Obama, W, et al are really concerned about the plight of illegal immigrants themselves, do you?

No,

I think Obama has a lot of other more important things to worry about than Joe Arpaio.

The only thing I was pointing out is that Arpaio did say "let them investigate me, I have nothing to hide".

http://news.ncmonline.com/news/view_article.html?article_id=7387040fe0573212258fd 634bc461b2b
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top