Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2009, 01:56 PM

709 posts, read 1,767,467 times

Advertisements

Do you think Eastern Europeans would have used the race card the same way Hispanics do now, and claim that if you are against giving amnesty to all illegal immigrants than that makes you a racist who is Anti-White ?

Or do you think Eastern Europeans on average are not liberal enough to play the race card and would refuse to go down that route ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 02:05 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
They wouldn't play the race card because as white eastern europeans they really don't have a race card to use.

I do believe that they would use they old 'we are already here so amnesty us already' card that is so popular these days.

Old 06-03-2009, 02:26 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
I agree with camping. The race card wouldn’t even be considered, because the majority of U.S. citizens are white. They would all share their sob stories to tug at our heartstrings, but I believe they would have enough sense to try to assimilate and become “American.”

Old 06-03-2009, 02:44 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I agree with camping. The race card wouldn’t even be considered, because the majority of U.S. citizens are white. They would all share their sob stories to tug at our heartstrings, but I believe they would have enough sense to try to assimilate and become “American.”
Maybe not racial prejudice; but there was a hell of a lot of ethnic animosity against especially people from Poland.

Old 06-03-2009, 02:49 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Maybe not racial prejudice; but there was a hell of a lot of ethnic animosity against especially people from Poland.
Agreed.

Old 06-03-2009, 02:53 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
Do you think Eastern Europeans would have used the race card the same way Hispanics do now, and claim that if you are against giving amnesty to all illegal immigrants than that makes you a racist who is Anti-White ?

Or do you think Eastern Europeans on average are not liberal enough to play the race card and would refuse to go down that route ?
Answer #1..."No".

Answer #2... "Yes".

If most illegals were Europeans, they would not attempt to 'play the race card' to elicit our guilt.....On the other hand, most of us who currently feel 'guilt' about the treatment of illegals would NOT feel that guilt if they were Europeans....We'd be saying that "as cultured Europeans, they shouldn't have ENDED UP in that position in the first place"....that they "should GO HOME and fix their problems there".

Lastly, if most illegals were Europeans, MEChA, LULAC, the ACLU....AND the other 'enablers' of today's illegals would not be doing that 'enabling' as they currently are..

European illegals would get neither the sympathy, nor the 'justifications' that our current illegals are getting. It would be looked at as STRICTLY a case of 'trespass', and treated as such..(and this forum would not exist).

Old 06-03-2009, 04:13 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Yes, I am hearing a lot of complaining on this board lately about hispanics being lumped together as a monolithic culture....well, the same goes for whites.
Eastern Europeans have very little in common with western europeans who have even less in common with southern europeans. They may all use the Euro, but make no mistake there are a lot of ethnic hatred and prejudice still around.

Old 06-03-2009, 04:55 PM

709 posts, read 1,767,467 times
Quote:
Yes, I am hearing a lot of complaining on this board lately about hispanics being lumped together as a monolithic culture

I have never heard of a Mexican woman for example breaking up with an El Salvadorian man because she thinks they are too culturally different from one another.

But I have heard of couples consisting of a Mexican and a White breaking up because they think they are too culturally different from one another

Old 06-03-2009, 04:59 PM

1,990 posts, read 7,634,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post

The last time I've checked, there are 52 cards in a deck.

The black card.

The white woman card.

The Jew card.

The gay card.

The American card.

The poor card.

The rich card.

etc.

etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration