U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 02:40 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,397,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well true -- there is obviously a bigger problem with other groups but I don't believe one type should be ignored.

I'm don't even think there has to be some big round up. I think ALL illegals need to be cut off from government handouts. Promises of amnesty and big rewards for breaking out laws should end. Leave them illegal. Eventually many will return home on their own, and leaving them illegal makes it easier to deport them when they make their presence known, such as when they try to use some stolen identity to get welfare handouts, or fail to pay their bills.

It's a fact that illegals who aren't getting welfare such as food stamps often will decide to move home after a time. They simply get tired of living illegally here when they have a perfectly nice enough country of their own. I know illegals who spent some time here and just decided it was time to go back home. There is no good reason to try to convince them by handing them this and that, certainly not citizenship because they chose to be here illegally.
I mostly agree with you. But deportation rates need to take a big jump. It took over a decade for the numbers of illegals here to get here. They can't all be deported overnight. So we deport as fast as we can as long as it takes. More importantly we simultaneously start a program of attrition through aggressive enforcement of existing immigration laws. Make it extremely difficult for illegals to live and work in the US. It's called attrition through self deportation. The key in all of this is to FORCE the scumbag employers of illegals to stop hiring illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 07:44 AM

4,428 posts, read 5,491,844 times
Good luck finding the Irish to deport in the Boston/Massachusetts area. It ain't going to happen up there. And it ain't got much to do with Kennedy being the senior senator up there. The population protects the Irish above all others.

I'm not saying that it is right or wrong to protect them.....it just is what it is up there.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:31 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
Good luck finding the Irish to deport in the Boston/Massachusetts area. It ain't going to happen up there. And it ain't got much to do with Kennedy being the senior senator up there. The population protects the Irish above all others.

I'm not saying that it is right or wrong to protect them.....it just is what it is up there.
No comment on Chappaquiddick Kennedy

As for Massachusetts: if I were an Irishman (I do look like one); I would vastly prefer to live in Ireland---------the winters are much milder. In fact; aside from it not warming up as much during the day, Irish winters are comparable to coastal northern California-----------not New England.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:48 AM

4,428 posts, read 5,491,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
No comment on Chappaquiddick Kennedy

As for Massachusetts: if I were an Irishman (I do look like one); I would vastly prefer to live in Ireland---------the winters are much milder. In fact; aside from it not warming up as much during the day, Irish winters are comparable to coastal northern California-----------not New England.
Hey. They just keep coming here. Probably because of family ties or the friendlier reception of the population toward them. Heck 25% of the Massachusetts population can claim Irish ancestry. But if the Irish feel like they are going to get a better deal else where. more power to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or