Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 01:50 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,905,198 times

Advertisements

[quote=macmeal;9140975]
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post

A sad day indeed when the folks around you forget your race..but as you say, that's California. Perhaps in Georgia or Alabama there'd be more recognition...but then, I don't know. (I'm white, and on two occasions I recall in the past, folks have told my wife they 'don't think of me as white')....sad? I don't know.

Who can say? Maybe some day we'll all be judged by the content of our character...(some guy once said that).
No actually visiting relatives in OH, or visiting oddly Alpharetta and Woodstock, GA (where my parents were considering moving to...the suburbs of GA)...it was fine.

It's funny how this is the only thing pulled from my post. I mean, didn't anyone actually read it? No. Well, in that case...wow...you missed the main point of the post. Well, it's up to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
Are you very tanned like actor George Hamilton ? If yes than that could be the reason why they don't see you as White, LOL.
Again it's interesting that people actually will go for the small part of the post. What about the whole part of people moving away due to a demographic change?

Old 06-05-2009, 01:28 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,015 times
and hyperbole.

i dont beleive this "over run" stuff either. it does not feel like an invasion.

i live in an area, that probably has its fair share of immigrants, possibly illegal (this is LA after all). do i feel over run? NOT AT ALL.

i think that when people experience a demographic shift (something as minimal as a 5 to 10% increased "ethnic" population[because how can you really tell who is legal an who isnt by sight?]) they get really excited and agitated. that 5 to 10, or even 15% seems very dramatic. it causes them great concern, and the way they see it is... THE FLOOD GATES ARE OPENING UP!!! pretty soon they will bring their familes. and their aunts and uncles and then there goes the neighborhood typical white flight mentality.

i dont think thats the case one bit. i would like posters to really state facts about their nighborhoods. lets consider your neighbor hood boundary a 2 mi radius from home. how many illegals can you count within this boundary? howabout within a 5 mi radius. 10 mi r?

the point is that many of you hee and haw about illegals, but some of you have stated that you dont even interact with them. that they dont live around you. its more of a phantom/boogey man problem.

but since you guys are so interested in this NAT'L problem.

howabout this... please take notice of all the thugs and gangs in my neighborhood. here SOUTH CENTRAL. help me get rid of them. and while you are at it, help feed the starving kids down here on central av and 71st. lets house the homeless also.

THESE ARE MY PRESSING CONCERNS. THIS IS WHAT AFFECTS ME AND MY LIFE.

A PLANE DID NOT CRASH INTO MY HOUSE. but some crip/blood/florencia thug just might be breaking into it.

thats what causes concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
It's called paranoia.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:36 PM

50,244 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
and hyperbole.

i dont beleive this "over run" stuff either. it does not feel like an invasion.

i live in an area, that probably has its fair share of immigrants, possibly illegal (this is LA after all). do i feel over run? NOT AT ALL.

i think that when people experience a demographic shift (something as minimal as a 5 to 10% increased "ethnic" population[because how can you really tell who is legal an who isnt by sight?]) they get really excited and agitated. that 5 to 10, or even 15% seems very dramatic. it causes them great concern, and the way they see it is... THE FLOOD GATES ARE OPENING UP!!! pretty soon they will bring their familes. and their aunts and uncles and then there goes the neighborhood typical white flight mentality.

i dont think thats the case one bit. i would like posters to really state facts about their nighborhoods. lets consider your neighbor hood boundary a 2 mi radius from home. how many illegals can you count within this boundary? howabout within a 5 mi radius. 10 mi r?

the point is that many of you hee and haw about illegals, but some of you have stated that you dont even interact with them. that they dont live around you. its more of a phantom/boogey man problem.

but since you guys are so interested in this NAT'L problem.

howabout this... please take notice of all the thugs and gangs in my neighborhood. here SOUTH CENTRAL. help me get rid of them. and while you are at it, help feed the starving kids down here on central av and 71st. lets house the homeless also.

THESE ARE MY PRESSING CONCERNS. THIS IS WHAT AFFECTS ME AND MY LIFE.

A PLANE DID NOT CRASH INTO MY HOUSE. but some crip/blood/florencia thug just might be breaking into it.

thats what causes concern.

Gangs huh? Ya, no Illegals in gangs in your area. None, zilch, zippo.

Attention, MS 13 is not a patch put out by Microsoft.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:40 PM

i dont care if a thug is an illegal or not. i want the thugs to be caught and dealt with. that will handle the MS 13illegals by default.

think for a second.
really

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Gangs huh? Ya, no Illegals in gangs in your area. None, zilch, zippo.

Attention, MS 13 is not a patch put out by Microsoft.

Last edited by the one; 06-05-2009 at 01:49 PM..

Old 06-05-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
i dont care if a thug is an illegal or not. i want the thugs to be caught and dealt with. that will handle the MS 13illegals by default.

think for a second.
really
Yes it would which includes low life taggers as well.

Old 06-05-2009, 03:42 PM

well some taggers arent that dangerous.

see in my neighborHOOD and community, i would rather the resources be used to deal with the criminals. the real criminals. not some illegal.

get the rapists, get the DUI, get the thief. once caught then the police can validate their permission to be here or not. if they are illegal, then VOILA, the streets are missing one less thug and by default, one less illegal.

but taggers, only some of them are violent. normally towards eachother, which have no problem with.
but sometimes towards concerned citizens who intervene while these knuckleheads are tagging. thats abit problematic. i personally wouldnt confront some taggers.
in LA county,people that have confronted them, by doing something as simple as honking at them, have been shot. not me. uhhhhh uhhhh. it adds to the blight. but i prefer cameras and surveilance. that seems to catch these guys. even the buses are less tagged nowadays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Yes it would which includes low life taggers as well.

Old 06-05-2009, 05:50 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
5 10 or 15% that's laughable -- try 50 - 60 - 75%

Old 06-05-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
well some taggers arent that dangerous.

see in my neighborHOOD and community, i would rather the resources be used to deal with the criminals. the real criminals. not some illegal.

get the rapists, get the DUI, get the thief. once caught then the police can validate their permission to be here or not. if they are illegal, then VOILA, the streets are missing one less thug and by default, one less illegal.

but taggers, only some of them are violent. normally towards eachother, which have no problem with.
but sometimes towards concerned citizens who intervene while these knuckleheads are tagging. thats abit problematic. i personally wouldnt confront some taggers.
in LA county,people that have confronted them, by doing something as simple as honking at them, have been shot. not me. uhhhhh uhhhh. it adds to the blight. but i prefer cameras and surveilance. that seems to catch these guys. even the buses are less tagged nowadays.
Taggers are criminals. I legally carry and if I confront a tagger I feel pretty good about my odds since I spend a ton of time at the range. I've never held my piece side ways like the stupid movies.

We have laws for a reason, all laws. This isn't Burger King. You are either a criminal or "not", taggers are criminals.

Old 06-05-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
5 10 or 15% that's laughable -- try 50 - 60 - 75%
There is a theory that people start to move away from a neighborhood at around 5-20%. This is not only towards Hispanics, but also affluent Asians. For example Cupertino, CA (a VERY affluent suburb of San Francisco) is seeing White flight due to Asians entering into the city. It's simply stemming from paranoia.

The Wall Street Journal Classroom Edition (http://wsjclassroom.com/teen/teencenter/05nov_whiteflight.htm - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration