U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 08:14 PM

7,844 posts, read 14,524,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaBear View Post
Without documents=undocumented. It's simple.
Illegal = broke the law = criminal

Simple?

Old 09-03-2009, 08:18 PM

45 posts, read 47,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Illegal = broke the law = criminal

Simple?
Like I said, they both apply. I'm not the sticking to one name for it. Undocumented resident, undocumented immigrant works just like illegal alien.
Many simply avoid illegal alien because people like you so intent on turning it into a slur.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:27 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,713,551 times
Quote:
I thought there was adults in here. Not tattle telling kids.
Adults abide by the Terms of Service.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:12 PM

7,844 posts, read 14,524,175 times
Quote:
Like I said, they both apply. I'm not the sticking to one name for it. Undocumented resident, undocumented immigrant works just like illegal alien.
Many simply avoid illegal alien because people like you so intent on turning it into a slur.
No, it has nothing to do with slurs. It has to do with being tired of folks coming up with double speak and nicey-nice ways of saying the simple and obvious. If the word "illegal" makes you or anyone else uncomfortable, then I'm sorry, but that's what it is, and it's a choice made by those who have broken our laws.

My mother is a LEGAL immigrant and a naturalized US citizen (came here in 1951), and these people who jump the border or overstay their visas in violation of our laws make a mockery of the forms my mother filled out and the waiting in line she did to come to this country.

If you want to consider it a slur, then so be it, but I have nothing but contempt for illegals.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:55 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,640,026 times
Quote:
I'm going for the one that describes the situation correctly and doesn't try to sugar coat or use friendly sounding euphemisms.

These kids and their parents didn't come here without a document, they came here illegally, which means they are criminals and not just missing their "documents."
You know that and I know that............evidently DREAMies are too crippled mentally to figure that out.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:57 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,640,026 times
Quote:
No, it has nothing to do with slurs. It has to do with being tired of folks coming up with double speak and nicey-nice ways of saying the simple and obvious. If the word "illegal" makes you or anyone else uncomfortable, then I'm sorry, but that's what it is, and it's a choice made by those who have broken our laws.

My mother is a LEGAL immigrant and a naturalized US citizen (came here in 1951), and these people who jump the border or overstay their visas in violation of our laws make a mockery of the forms my mother filled out and the waiting in line she did to come to this country.

If you want to consider it a slur, then so be it, but I have nothing but contempt for illegals.
Illegal aliens=criminals as you strongly alluded to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or