Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 07:23 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
I saw those stats. And those WERE NOT the area where I lived. If you know Spring Valley at all, you know that it is segregated into the "better" areas, and the slums. But, I don't think you actually know Spring Valley at all.
I don't know about that. It seems to me that if a person can tell us why whites are fleeing Cupertino, and why people in remote villages feel the way they do, and why Americans fear the Third World, and how the various cultures of Diamond Bar all relate to one another, and how Europeans feel about Africans, how Blacks benefitted by their experience in America, and how Saudis feel about foreigners in their midst, it would be a pretty simple matter for that person to ALSO know everything there is to know about Spring Valley, inside and out.

Don't get me wrong...this DOES sound like a tall order, I realize. I'm just saying that if a person knows THAT much, and is right 99% of the time, then knowing Spring Valley would be a pretty simple matter. I say you'd better give such a person the benefit of the doubt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 07:25 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,993,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I don't know about that. It seems to me that if a person can tell us why whites are fleeing Cupertino, and why people in remote villages feel the way they do, and why Americans fear the Third World, and how the various cultures of Diamond Bar all relate to one another, and how Europeans feel about Africans, how Blacks benefitted by their experience in America, and how Saudis feel about foreigners in their midst, it would be a pretty simple matter for that person to ALSO know everything there is to know about Spring Valley, inside and out.

Don't get me wrong...this DOES sound like a tall order, I realize. I'm just saying that if a person knows THAT much, and is right 99% of the time, then knowing Spring Valley would be a pretty simple matter. I say you'd better give such a person the benefit of the doubt.
LOL! Yeah, I should have thought of that.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:32 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post

Only 99% of the time? Are you sure?

Old 06-05-2009, 07:33 PM

85 posts, read 137,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
You even stated you truly did not know for a certain fact that they were ALL illegal. You said you had good reason to believe.

Spring Valley has an income higher than the state average, and a poverty rate lower than the national average. Crime rates are roughly lower than average. You cited music and chickens (which I doubt that there were that many...I lived near an industrial chicken coup and cattle ranches I've seen what a lot of chickens look like). So again, it's fine if you don't like Hispanic culture...it's your perogative. I feel that it's a little of an overreatction, well hey, you found a better place for you without "illegals" or possible "illegals", and that's what it's all about.
It's fairly easy to spot an illegal alien. They are the ones who don't take as much pride in themselves as those here legally. They expect us to cater to them. I have a delightful legal gardener who is so happy to be in the United States. Every time I see Jose, he puts a smile on my face. The CNAs in my Mom's retirement community (albeit it is a top-tier place) are Mexican and Filipino. They are the nicest, most caring folks you'd ever want to meet. Again, they are here legally.

I speak to and see many people every day, to the point that a non-accent is pretty rare. Since I work in technology, I'm surrounded with degreed and bright engineers and others from outside this country who conscientiously follow the rules. These people are bringing something to the United States in exchange for living here (and yes, most of them are "of color").

So, to all of you naysayers who are trying to label us with the racist card, be advised that this forum consists of bright, thoughtful and well-read individuals who are finally at their wits' ends by the hand-out, entitlement mentality that has been forced on us. Who do you think is paying for your criminal ways, both monetarily and culturely? (Hint: US!) And we're damn tired of it.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:37 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Spring Valley, hmmm. I work right next to it off the 94 and it's undergone a transformation I'd care not to partake of as far as a living area. Let's put it this way, if I need gas I drive back to at least Mission Valley before I stop if at night.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:38 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarissaM View Post
It's fairly easy to spot an illegal alien. They are the ones who don't take as much pride in themselves as those here legally. They expect us to cater to them. I have a delightful legal gardener who is so happy to be in the United States. Every time I see Jose, he puts a smile on my face. The CNAs in my Mom's retirement community (albeit it is a top-tier place) are Mexican and Filipino. They are the nicest, most caring folks you'd ever want to meet. Again, they are here legally.

I speak to and see many people every day, to the point that a non-accent is pretty rare. Since I work in technology, I'm surrounded with degreed and bright engineers and others from outside this country who conscientiously follow the rules. These people are bringing something to the United States in exchange for living here (and yes, most of them are "of color").

So, to all of you naysayers who are trying to label us with the racist card, be advised that this forum consists of bright, thoughtful and well-read individuals who are finally at their wits' ends by the hand-out, entitlement mentality that has been forced on us. Who do you think is paying for your criminal ways, both monetarily and culturely? (Hint: US!) And we're damn tired of it.
Absolutely! Great post!!!!

Old 06-05-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Spring Valley, hmmm. I work right next to it off the 94 and it's undergone a transformation I'd care not to partake of as far as a living area. Let's put it this way, if I need gas I drive back to at least Mission Valley before I stop if at night.
Thank you.

And yes, I used to drive 15 miles into La Mesa just to go to the grocery store.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:49 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
Thank you.

And yes, I used to drive 15 miles into La Mesa just to go to the grocery store.
But if you worry about your own hide I guess that makes un racist

Old 06-05-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
But if you worry about your own hide I guess that makes un racist
Yep.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:29 PM

439 posts, read 616,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarissaM View Post

Does people you speak of that work with you from other countries are the one's that are taking american jobs. Your company should hire Americans instead of going to other countries to bring in workers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration