Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 12:36 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
NATIONAL LAUNCH OF THE REFORM IMMIGRATION FOR AMERICA CAMPAIGN
GROUNDBREAKING COALITION JOINS FORCES TO PUSH FOR IMMIGRATION SOLUTIONS

WHAT: PRESS CONFERENCE announcing the launch of national Campaign uniting business, labor, religious, civil rights, and immigrant leaders under a broad umbrella for immigration reform.

WHEN: Wednesday June 3, 2009; 9:30 a.m., ET

WHERE: National Press Club
529 14th Street, NW, Washington, DC 1st Amendment Room

WHO: Robert J. Dolibois, Executive Vice President, American Nursery & Landscape Association, Co-Chair, Agriculture Coalition for Immigration Reform
Eliseo Medina, Executive Vice President, Service Employees International Union (SEIU)
Janet Murguía, President, National Council of La Raza (NCLR)
Karen Narasaki, President and Executive Director, Asian American Justice Center (AAJC)
John Podesta, President and CEO, Center for American Progress
Rev. Samuel Rodriguez, President, National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference (NHCLC)
Angelica Salas, Executive Director, Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles (CHIRLA)
Hilary O. Shelton, Director, National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, Washington Bureau, (NAACP)
John J. Sweeney, President, AFL-CIO
Ali Noorani, Executive Director, National Immigration Forum, Moderator

WHY: Leaders playing a central role in promoting immigration reform will officially launch the Reform Immigration FOR America Campaign. This groundbreaking, momentum-building effort organizes supporters of immigration reform into a stronger, more effective, and politically savvy national campaign that will help support President Obama and ensure that his promises of comprehensive immigration reform become legislative reality.

The White House will hold a bipartisan and bicameral meeting with Members of Congress on June 8th to continue the process of moving immigration reform forward this year. This is another indication of momentum towards Congressional action with the President’s strong support.

The press conference announcing the Reform Immigration FOR America Campaign is part of a weeklong series of events, including more than 30 local Campaign launch press events in 20 states (June 1), a national summit in Washington bringing together 700 grassroots advocates representing more than 35 states (June 3-5), and a National Town Hall Meeting on Capitol Hill (June 4) on immigration reform.

Additional Spanish-language spokespeople from around the country will be available for interview at this event.
http://www.reformimmigrationforameri...ign_Launch.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 12:41 PM

974 posts, read 1,586,760 times
So are there any Anti-Illegal groups going to be a part of this? Or is this meeting of the minds just for Pro-Illegals?

Old 06-01-2009, 01:23 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaerin View Post
So are there any Anti-Illegal groups going to be a part of this? Or is this meeting of the minds just for Pro-Illegals?
I believe it will be attended exclusively by illegal alien peddlers. I have no doubt some of these same folks will be in attendance when Obama has his illegal alien brainstorming session on June 6th.

Notice they are not offering interviews in any foreign language other than Spanish. I guess the ‘other’ illegal aliens will be left out in the cold.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:24 PM

974 posts, read 1,586,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I believe it will be attended exclusively by illegal alien peddlers. I have no doubt some of these same folks will be in attendance when Obama has his illegal alien brainstorming session on June 6th.

Notice they are not offering interviews in any foreign language other than Spanish. I guess the ‘other’ illegal aliens will be left out in the cold.
But, but, but, La Raza is not racist.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:13 PM

471 posts, read 586,959 times
Here is a great cut...
Quote:
The family is the basic unit of our society, and immigrants who have the support of strong families are more likely to contribute to society, pay taxes, and start businesses that create jobs. But our broken immigration system divides families and keeps loved ones apart for years and even decades, which discourages them from following the rules and working within the system.
It doesn’t make sense to spend billions of dollars rounding people up, breaking up families, shutting down businesses, and deporting people who are working, learning English, and putting down roots here. For immigrants who don’t have legal status, we should require them to come out of the shadows and register, pay taxes, and start working toward becoming Americans, while keeping their families together.
We have to let the illegals stay and feel at home or the other legals here will be mad and immigrant anarchy will occur! Soooooo..... Send them back to if they don't like the nation that they came to. F*** them if they think we owe them! This is OUR home. And these are NOT invited guests. I suggest the tread on thin ice and mind their p's and q's. I have no patience for this double speak b.s. they are attempting.

Some of us here in Texas may be considered "good ole' boys", but the last thing illegals want is a bunch of us pissed off and aware of this situation. It may be a bad day for illegals...

Old 06-05-2009, 01:05 AM

804 posts, read 1,359,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam0084 View Post

Some of us here in Texas may be considered "good ole' boys", but the last thing illegals want is a bunch of us pissed off and aware of this situation. It may be a bad day for illegals...

what are you guys going to do?

Old 06-05-2009, 03:54 PM

807 posts, read 1,302,395 times
Quote:
Here is a great cut...

We have to let the illegals stay and feel at home or the other legals here will be mad and immigrant anarchy will occur! Soooooo..... Send them back to if they don't like the nation that they came to. F*** them if they think we owe them! This is OUR home. And these are NOT invited guests. I suggest the tread on thin ice and mind their p's and q's. I have no patience for this double speak b.s. they are attempting.

Couldn't have said it better myself..

I find it especially troubling that they JUSTIFY the criminal acts committed by Illegal Aliens and are basically trying to blackmail people into a corner, "Either you vote for Amnesty OR Illegals are just going to continue to break the law".. What next? Murderers talking about how "good" they are for the economy because there are LESS people working for work after they commit their acts?

Old 06-05-2009, 03:57 PM

291 posts, read 413,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
what are you guys going to do?
cut your welfare off and stop the jobs you steal. run your clown trash squatting asses out of town!
for starters... ha ha cant make us pay.
hows that for to the point without a lot of politically correct bs.
you suck ! whiney leeches! lol run raid!

Old 06-05-2009, 04:00 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Here is a great cut...

I suspect that you are being prescient there.

Let the DREAMie losers keep frothing at the mouth with impotent rage since they subconsiously realize the party is over.

Old 06-05-2009, 04:46 PM

439 posts, read 616,757 times
If Whites would get their fat behinds up and work instead of getting free checks from the goverment every month maybe this country would be in better shape. Instead they blame the Illegals and get their checks from the goverment while sitting down eating twinkies and getting a bigger ass.

There are many people in this country that work hard every day and do not complaine that their fellow citizens are getting free ride from the goverment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration