Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 06:01 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
There will always be black market.
You act as though we’re discussing drugs. It’s not so easy to “hide” in a country when you have no money. Remember, we would be stringently enforcing ALL laws. What “black market” is going to provide them with jobs, food, clothing, shelter, and medical care?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 06:01 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
How will deport them? Again, they can slip under the radar. So if you simply deny services this is not going to do anything. Also, if they have forged documents it kind of defeats the purpose of "if they are illegal or not" because they would legal. So again, how will you keep it on the cheap? How will this stimulate our economy? How will communities with large illegal populations cope? How will SS cope? It's a very interrelated problem which is what a lot of people often forget or don't realize.
Increase the penalties for using forged documents. If the risk-reward ratio changes then the rampant document abuse will stop.

Denying services will do a great deal. If they come here for a better life for their children only find that their children who are not US citizens will be required to pay out of district tuition if they want to go to school, then they may think twice about sneaking across the border or overstaying a visa. If we deny all medical care except emergency stabilization(which is all we are required to provide by law) prior to being returned to their home country for further treatment, then that will cut down on the ones who show up here for dialysis at $65,000 a year and other abusers.

Quote:
Also, if they have forged documents it kind of defeats the purpose of "if they are illegal or not" because they would legal.
Having a forged document does not make anyone legal.

Keep it on the cheap? When did you start worrying about how much stuff costs? You have no problem with the idea of giving them amnesty, knowing full well that they are going to require government subsidies for the rest of their lives. Whatever it costs to deport them, it will be less expensive than allowing them to stay. Illegal aliens are the gift that keeps on giving. Between their proclivity for large families that they cannot support and bringing over multiple relatives who are as poorly equipped to function in the US as they are, you are looking at a huge burden that is never going to go away. If you educate one of them and he drags over two uneducated relatives that is a net negative for the taxpayer.

They need to go. I do not care about the effect on their communities. If the people in their communities are unhappy that the illegals have gone, they are free to join them in their new homes.

There is nothing complicated about this. It is very straightforward. Attempts to dazzle people with bull are seen as just that.

Old 06-06-2009, 06:10 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
What a pandering fool.

Schwarzenegger: Don't blame state budget deficit on illegal immigrants - Sacramento Politics - California Politics | Sacramento Bee (http://www.sacbee.com/budget/story/1923957.html - broken link)

Did you ever think you would see the day when a government official would be praising people in this country illegally, and in public? I know, I know, they all do it but the irony of this surely means that this country is going down the tubes. Not to mention, these people ARE largely responsible for California's budget woes.

Old 06-06-2009, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Isn't Texas as overrun with illegals as Cali? Thanks to the illegal alien sanctuary aka Chicago, I know Cook County, and a few other areas of Illinois is.

Texas is overrun as well. Fort Worth and Dallas (among others) are sanctuary cities.

However, there are a lot of moves afoot in Texas to rectify this problem. and even Ricky Perry (the bastad that he is) doesn't even have the boldness of proclaiming these people an "asset" to the community.

Old 06-06-2009, 06:18 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,408,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Texas is overrun as well. Fort Worth and Dallas (among others) are sanctuary cities.

However, there are a lot of moves afoot in Texas to rectify this problem. and even Ricky Perry (the bastad that he is) doesn't even have the boldness of proclaiming these people an "asset" to the community.
It's sad isn't it? I lived in Dallas about 12 years ago and the only illegals I ever saw were standing on the side of the expressway hoping to be picked up for a days work. Now? I can't even imagine the horror show Texas has become.

Chicago has gone down in a blaze of non-glory as a result of the anchor babies running their city council and their sanctuary policy. Many of the surrounding suburbs of Cook County have been heavily invaded as well.

Old 06-06-2009, 06:21 PM

Since a certain person hasn't posted in a little while, I have to throw in the following obligatory statements...

But, but where will we get the money?

There will always be a black market.

We can't deport them all...

Let me see.. Oh, they contribute sooooo much to the society..

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!!!!

Old 06-06-2009, 06:30 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,408,610 times
Quote:
Since a certain person hasn't posted in a little while, I have to throw in the following obligatory statements...

But, but where will we get the money?

There will always be a black market.

We can't deport them all...

Let me see.. Oh, they contribute sooooo much to the society..

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!!!!
Agreed. I have yet to get a response from said poster or any of it's fellow IA's/supporters to my question: If they are so valuable, industrious and hard working, why don't they create jobs at home and help to revitalize their own countries?

If they were all that they proclaim, Calderon and the oligarchies wouldn't have been desperate and angry when they started returning,

Quote:
Mexican government officials knew Arizona’s tough employment verification law would become their worst nightmare, which explains why they tried blocking it. Earlier this year a delegation of nine legislators from Sonora toured Tucson and held a news conference to say that their beloved state cannot handle the demand for housing, jobs and schools resulting from illegal Mexican workers returning home.
One baffled Mexican legislator, Leticia Amparano Gamez, asked in Spanish “how can they pass a law like this?” She went on to explain that Mexico is not prepared for the “tremendous problems” it will face as more and more Mexicans working in Arizona and sending money to their families return to hometowns in Sonora without jobs. Another member of the Mexican delegation, Representative Florencio Diaz Armenta, asked “what do we do with the repatriated?”
Mexico Complains Of Too Many Repatriated Mexicans | Judicial Watch

. . . . .

Old 06-06-2009, 06:31 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Did you ever think you would see the day when a government official would be praising people in this country illegally, and in public? I know, I know, they all do it but the irony of this surely means that this country is going down the tubes. Not to mention, these people ARE largely responsible for California's budget woes.
I can honestly say I never imagined this in a million years. It’s almost like watching a movie such as The Stepford Wives. Each day when I hear another outlandish illegal immigration story, I realize our country as we know it, will soon cease to exist. Sadly, so many citizens have been so completely brainwashed to the point where it’s almost as though they have all been lobotomized. It’s frightening.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:16 PM

234 posts, read 295,903 times
Default he

i bet he's running for re-election.. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
What a pandering fool.

Schwarzenegger: Don't blame state budget deficit on illegal immigrants - Sacramento Politics - California Politics | Sacramento Bee (http://www.sacbee.com/budget/story/1923957.html - broken link)

Old 06-07-2009, 02:35 PM

83 posts, read 142,227 times
Arnie is soft-footing the issue of illegal immigration. Few politicians have the balls to address the infestation directly and swiftly.

The "small percentage" ($5 BILLION) that the illegals cost our taxpayers is still almost 23% of the deficit. When you consider that another $10 BILLION of that deficit is services for anchor babies, you have about 60% of the deficit covered.

When you finally add in the $6 BILLION a year the state of California has to spend on infrastructure to support the illegals and their anchor babies in the form of more law enforcement, hospitals, prisons, graffiti cleanup, etc. etc, well you basically see that 95% of the $23 Billion deficit is due to illegals.

I think it's disgusting that these illegals have the balls to get on tv and demand their "rights" when they can't even pay their way. When they work the system to get free rent, food, and services on the backs of legal tax-paying American citizens and then they want to come over here and refuse to assimilate. They want to paint everything pink, crank up their mariachi music, open up taco stands on every corner, spray graffiti all over the neighborhood, and terrorize with their gangs.

It's pretty sickening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration