U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-07-2009, 04:35 PM
 
435 posts, read 537,702 times
Reputation: 156

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
Arnie is soft-footing the issue of illegal immigration. Few politicians have the balls to address the infestation directly and swiftly.

The "small percentage" ($5 BILLION) that the illegals cost our taxpayers is still almost 23% of the deficit. When you consider that another $10 BILLION of that deficit is services for anchor babies, you have about 60% of the deficit covered.

When you finally add in the $6 BILLION a year the state of California has to spend on infrastructure to support the illegals and their anchor babies in the form of more law enforcement, hospitals, prisons, graffiti cleanup, etc. etc, well you basically see that 95% of the $23 Billion deficit is due to illegals.

I think it's disgusting that these illegals have the balls to get on tv and demand their "rights" when they can't even pay their way. When they work the system to get free rent, food, and services on the backs of legal tax-paying American citizens and then they want to come over here and refuse to assimilate. They want to paint everything pink, crank up their mariachi music, open up taco stands on every corner, spray graffiti all over the neighborhood, and terrorize with their gangs.

It's pretty sickening.
wow that sounds like east LA I guess everyone that has a taco stand and plays Mariachi music must an Illegal yea that's it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-07-2009, 07:57 PM
 
Location: Southern California
83 posts, read 120,821 times
Reputation: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
wow that sounds like east LA I guess everyone that has a taco stand and plays Mariachi music must an Illegal yea that's it.
Oooh, now you are really showing your underware!

Just because it "sounds" like a rough neighborhood doesnt mean that it is. What it sounds like is yet another upper middle class neighborhood that has been taken over. Nope, what you have here is a shining example of what upper middle class neighborhoods will look like if illegals keep taking over.

And yes, the taco truck Im speaking of IS run by illegals. There are no state or city stickers on the truck and the truck has no license plate. I asked the driver (in Spanish) where he was from and he informed me that he was "fresh from TJ" and then proceeded to brag about how he just came right through at the border and didn't have to hire anyone to "help" him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2009, 08:01 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,999 posts, read 30,272,140 times
Reputation: 17806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
Oooh, now you are really showing your underware!

Just because it "sounds" like a rough neighborhood doesnt mean that it is. What it sounds like is yet another upper middle class neighborhood that has been taken over. Nope, what you have here is a shining example of what upper middle class neighborhoods will look like if illegals keep taking over.

And yes, the taco truck Im speaking of IS run by illegals. There are no state or city stickers on the truck and the truck has no license plate. I asked the driver (in Spanish) where he was from and he informed me that he was "fresh from TJ" and then proceeded to brag about how he just came right through at the border and didn't have to hire anyone to "help" him.
Stolen plates make it easy to pass a vehicle before the owner gets pulled over for no plates. That's been going on here forever.

Too many cross each day to make it simple to catch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2009, 01:28 AM
 
2,381 posts, read 4,422,568 times
Reputation: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
That's why he's just cutting services to Americans, making Americans do a lot of belt-tightening but not the illegals.
Actually, he has already cut their medical aid so we really cant keep scapegoating them anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2009, 02:55 AM
 
1,150 posts, read 994,282 times
Reputation: 369
The meager funds they pay into SS may not seem like much, but consider the poor person who is the legal owner of the SS number, when they get a letter from the IRS wanting to know why they didn't claim those extra wages on their tax return. Of course it's up to the individual to prove it wasn't them who earned the extra wages, which can take years, and thousands of dolllars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2009, 08:18 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,192,202 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
The meager funds they pay into SS may not seem like much, but consider the poor person who is the legal owner of the SS number, when they get a letter from the IRS wanting to know why they didn't claim those extra wages on their tax return. Of course it's up to the individual to prove it wasn't them who earned the extra wages, which can take years, and thousands of dolllars.
I know of such a situation whereby at a place of business a number of SS numbers were stolen from the employees to claim unemployment benefits by a ring of crooks. When the employees filed their income tax returns the feds wanted to know why these benefits weren't claimed as taxable income. After an investigation it was found that there were Hispanics involved and most the employees whose SS numbers were stolen also had Hispanic surnames. Many of the employees needed their income tax refunds to pay bills, etc. and they were held up a long time. I would bet my bottom dollar that illegal aliens were involved in this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2009, 09:47 AM
 
Location: The Wine Country, CA
807 posts, read 1,119,899 times
Reputation: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I know of such a situation whereby at a place of business a number of SS numbers were stolen from the employees to claim unemployment benefits by a ring of crooks. When the employees filed their income tax returns the feds wanted to know why these benefits weren't claimed as taxable income. After an investigation it was found that there were Hispanics involved and most the employees whose SS numbers were stolen also had Hispanic surnames. Many of the employees needed their income tax refunds to pay bills, etc. and they were held up a long time. I would bet my bottom dollar that illegal aliens were involved in this one.
No doubt it was Illegal Aliens.. I have heard many stories similar to this.. I had a co-worker who's Social Security Number was used by a lady with a Hispanic name (likely an Illegal) in the Los Angeles area and she had to spend a great deal of time trying to get it sorted out..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2009, 09:51 AM
 
8,640 posts, read 7,766,489 times
Reputation: 2854
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Hard to believe he is a Republican.

He's no Republican, he's a RINO and a disgrace!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2009, 10:05 AM
 
Location: California
706 posts, read 798,477 times
Reputation: 179
"Actually, he has already cut their medical aid so we really cant keep scapegoating them anymore."

OK, I'm a little confused here. If non-citizens cannot get government benefits (as i have been repeatedly told),then how did this cutback in medical aid occur? Just what was cut back ?
And, if I remember correctly,medical treatment cannot be denied by a hospital,regardless of citizenship status.

Regards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2009, 10:15 AM
 
Location: The Wine Country, CA
807 posts, read 1,119,899 times
Reputation: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
"Actually, he has already cut their medical aid so we really cant keep scapegoating them anymore."

OK, I'm a little confused here. If non-citizens cannot get government benefits (as i have been repeatedly told),then how did this cutback in medical aid occur? Just what was cut back ?
And, if I remember correctly,medical treatment cannot be denied by a hospital,regardless of citizenship status.

Regards.

There has been "No Cutback" as of yet, just merely a proposal which will likely be challenged in court by ethnocentric Pro-Illegal groups..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top