U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 09:17 AM

807 posts, read 1,116,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Actually, he has already cut their medical aid so we really cant keep scapegoating them anymore.
Pointing out that a group of people that ARE in fact, part of the problem when they are a part of the problem is NOT scapegoating but laying blame where blame is due..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 09:29 AM

706 posts, read 796,204 times
As long as hospitals cannot deny treatment to anyone based upon citizenship status, no "cutback" will ever materialize. Emergency Rooms will continue to be the "Primary Care Physicians" for illegals. Not to mention the medical benefits for "Anchor Babies"

I don't mind treatment for life threatening issues, but other than that...let them find some insurance.

JMO

Old 06-09-2009, 01:00 PM

804 posts, read 1,174,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
As long as hospitals cannot deny treatment to anyone based upon citizenship status, no "cutback" will ever materialize. Emergency Rooms will continue to be the "Primary Care Physicians" for illegals. Not to mention the medical benefits for "Anchor Babies"

I don't mind treatment for life threatening issues, but other than that...let them find some insurance.

JMO
why don't we just draw the line at "Hospitals can deny treatment to anyone based on insurance status. Except for life threatening issues." That way no one runs the hospitals dry.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:40 PM

706 posts, read 796,204 times
Sorry,But I prefer the "legal" status option. I don't want my tax money being spent to support someone who has no right to be in this country.
If there are legal citizens running the hospitals dry, well, that is a separate issue. But,as this is an "illegal immigration" forum then I'll stick with the legal status method.

Regards

Old 06-09-2009, 02:03 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,309,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Pointing out that a group of people that ARE in fact, part of the problem when they are a part of the problem is NOT scapegoating but laying blame where blame is due..
You must know by now that the illegal lovers don't like any truth.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
Sorry,But I prefer the "legal" status option. I don't want my tax money being spent to support someone who has no right to be in this country.
If there are legal citizens running the hospitals dry, well, that is a separate issue. But,as this is an "illegal immigration" forum then I'll stick with the legal status method.

Regards

I don't like anyone running hospitals dry either, I think individuals should be admitted only if they have insurance/money to pay for their treatment. I don't care if they are U.S. citizens or not.

But then again... another of the tidbits from "Boston Legal", If we don't provide social services for poor people, then they might come and try to take OUR money.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:02 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,711,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
I don't like anyone running hospitals dry either, I think individuals should be admitted only if they have insurance/money to pay for their treatment. I don't care if they are U.S. citizens or not.
Not going to happen. Our healthcare system was never designed to provide 'free' care to millions of people illegally in the US. No country's healthcare system is. Canada does not set aside millions to cover the costs of 'free care' for US citizens if they sneak illegally into their country, nor should they. We are one of the few countries, maybe the only one, that permits ourselves to be endlessly pimped in this fashion and people are beginning to lose patience with the whole thing.
Do you honestly think Mexico would put up with this? Why don't you try showing up down there illegally and asking for expensive medical care. I'll bet they will have you on a bus or plane headed back to El Norte so fast your head would spin.

Quote:
But then again... another of the tidbits from "Boston Legal", If we don't provide social services for poor people, then they might come and try to take OUR money.
Is this some kind of threat? We already do provide social services for poor people who are citizens and legal residents. If the illegals want to come and attempt to take things that are not theirs by force, let them.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Not going to happen. Our healthcare system was never designed to provide 'free' care to millions of people illegally in the US. No country's healthcare system is. Canada does not set aside millions to cover the costs of 'free care' for US citizens if they sneak illegally into their country, nor should they. We are one of the few countries, maybe the only one, that permits ourselves to be endlessly pimped in this fashion and people are beginning to lose patience with the whole thing.
Go back and re-read my sentence, this is exactly what I said. Healthcare is not free, I don't care if you are legal or not. Enough free loading on the healthcare system, people need to get insurance or get enough money to pay for their treatments.

Quote:
Is this some kind of threat? We already do provide social services for poor people who are citizens and legal residents. If the illegals want to come and attempt to take things that are not theirs by force, let them.
Again my post did not singled out illegals, but all poor people, your reading comprehension is lacking. And what they say is about poor people in general, and it was an example to refute my original statement. (The "But the again.." part should have clued you in)

I gave two statements, that represented different views on the same problem. Andreabeth, would you like me to split them into two different posts so it's easier for you to understand?

Old 06-10-2009, 09:17 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,711,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
Go back and re-read my sentence, this is exactly what I said. Healthcare is not free, I don't care if you are legal or not. Enough free loading on the healthcare system, people need to get insurance or get enough money to pay for their treatments.

Again my post did not singled out illegals, but all poor people, your reading comprehension is lacking. And what they say if or poor people in general, and it was an example to refute my original statement.

I gave two statements, that represented different views on the same problem. Andreabeth, would you like me to split them into two different posts so it's easier for you to understand?
No thanks, dude. I have to leave to meet DH at the range in a few minutes.

Old 06-10-2009, 11:22 AM

29,613 posts, read 31,914,576 times
Unfortunately it's a public health issue. If people ARE HERE we need them to be healthy. The alternative isn't pretty. We need to stop the process before people line up in the ER because by then it's too late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or