Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 08:23 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,510,236 times

Advertisements

Is this a joke, or what? Isn’t it a felony after the first illegal entry?

Quote:
The resident of San Luis Potosi, Mexico has been picked up by U.S. Immigration and Department of Homeland Security thirteen times.

A Sunday stop by Senort Border Patrol Agent John Kinney III brought that total to 14, a number one official said isn't unusual at all.

"I've had guys in the 10s and teens, some as many as 20 times," said assistant federal public defender David Sloan, who has been assigned to defend de Dios-Garcia. "It depends on the individual's circumstance. I don't know that the number matters as much as the circumstances do."

De Dios-Garcia, whose age has not been made public, has been granted voluntary departure from the U.S. on nine occasions, been deported to Mexico four previous times and has been prosecuted for illegal entry for times, court records show.

The latest apprehension was on Sunday in Putnam, where de Dios-Garcia entered the country illegally in early May by crossing the border near Hildalgo, Texas, according to a federal criminal complaint.

"Sometimes they have family on this side of the border. Their wife, their children -- they may be U.S. residents," Sloan said. "They may have a sick person at home in Mexico., where hospital expenses are about the same (as in the U.S.) but the wages are 10 times lower. They're just trying to find work to earn money."

What it often comes down to, Sloan said, is survival.

"I can't say what I would do in that situation but what it really comes down to is, does my family eat or do I cross that line in the sand and try to find better wages on the other side?"
Man picked up by immigration 14 times : Local News : Abilene Reporter-News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 08:26 AM

50,099 posts, read 46,680,078 times
In many Countries this guy would be minus a hand or an ear.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:31 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,519,701 times
Here we go again....the US government abusing illegals. The way this guy's been treated, I wouldn't blame him if he NEVER came back...

Old 06-06-2009, 08:31 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,027,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
No joke.

And; if said illegal was a Guatemalan caught by Mexico's Frontera Patrulla....................

Old 06-06-2009, 11:31 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,408,397 times
This makes my blood boil. I don't even know what to say...I'm speechless.

Old 06-06-2009, 11:44 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,510,236 times
It’s a revolving door for anyone who wishes to enter. How can anyone of average intelligence believe our terrorist enemies aren’t taking advantage of our open borders? If peasants can enter this country 14-20 times, it’s a no-brainer how frequently our enemies enter.

Old 06-06-2009, 11:57 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,379,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It’s a revolving door for anyone who wishes to enter. How can anyone of average intelligence believe our terrorist enemies aren’t taking advantage of our open borders? If peasants can enter this country 14-20 times, it’s a no-brainer how frequently our enemies enter.
Which is one of thousands of reasons that we need a 50 foot wall and armed forces posted around the entire perimeter of our southern border.

Old 06-06-2009, 02:20 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,408,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Agreed. As much as I despise the illegals and recognize them as a threat, there are much bigger threats out there.

We have a wide open gate for those wishing to illegally "seek a better life" AND for those wishing to cause mass American deaths.

Old 06-06-2009, 02:36 PM

706 posts, read 937,426 times
I wonder how many of those "bigger" threats are already here ? The borders have been porous for years,in spite of what Homeland Insecurity says.....

A dirty bomb here and there, a few more to damage the power grid,water supplies,etc.

kinda scary.

Old 06-06-2009, 03:31 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,131,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I love this idea. Do you think we could get it into congress????? If not, how about finishing the fence, adding a 25ft. wall behind the fence and installing claymore mines between them.

Something drastic needs to happen to stop a these illegals from sneaking back across the border.

No ears sounds great. It would make a strong statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration