U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2009, 06:13 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times

Advertisements

On the flip side, republicans found that big business loved mass immigration. Why? The incoming millions of obedient immigrants worked for minimum wage with no complaints. Immigration broke the labor unions in half! Soon after, illegal alien labor accelerated in the 1980s. A Reagan amnesty pushed by Senators Teddy Kennedy and John McCain in 1986 legalized 4.3 million illegals.

In the roaring 90s, illegals poured over the borders as high as three million annually according to Time Magazine: “Who left the door open” by Barlett and Steele, September 20, 2004. Who watched it without flinching? Republicans along with democrats!

Today, America faces another amnesty that will legalize in excess of 20,000 million illegal criminal aliens. Such an amnesty will alter and destabilize the entire political process for the United States of America.

Letter writer Tom Shuford of Lenoir, NC, said, “In this effort, President Obama is assured the strong support of the media, organized labor, business lobbies, ethnocentric pressure groups and the leadership of the U.S. Senate and House where he enjoys strong Democratic Party majorities.

“The political payoff could be spectacular. If Obama succeeds in pushing through an amnesty for 12-20 million illegal aliens, he will achieve permanent one-party (Democrat) control of the United States government --- as a newly legalized, mostly poor and minimally-educated population will partake heavily of government services, affirmative action, and array of other federal and state interventions. They will vote overwhelmingly Democratic. Nonetheless, "comprehensive immigration reform" poses large risks for the president.

“Speaking to the economic effects: in normal economic times, giving millions of illegal aliens permanent legal access to the U. S. job market would depress the wages and job opportunities of already underpaid, underemployed and/or unemployed American Citizens. Recessionary times magnify these effects. Moreover, a mass amnesty will strain public services, infrastructure, and the environment.”

“The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, or preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities.” President Teddy Roosevelt

Mass Immigration Destabilizing America's Political System | Frosty Wooldridge

Truer words were never spoken . . . .
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 06:24 PM

11,878 posts, read 32,921,320 times
If the country keeps going the direction it is in, I think we will pick up and move to my wife's home country of Japan. At least they have some sense.

Old 06-06-2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
If the country keeps going the direction it is in, I think we will pick up and move to my wife's home country of Japan. At least they have some sense.
Do you think you could sponsor me? I'm getting pretty sick of this mess as well.

Old 06-06-2009, 06:39 PM

11,878 posts, read 32,921,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Do you think you could sponsor me? I'm getting pretty sick of this mess as well.
If we get over there, I'll give it my best shot!

I am so tired of the corrupt politicians in this country. It makes me sick. We're a shadow of our former selves.

Old 06-06-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:

I am so tired of the corrupt politicians in this country. It makes me sick. We're a shadow of our former selves.
Thank you so much. I too am so sick of subsidizing the world and being spat on in return. You are being kind in stating that we are a shadow of our former selves. The America we live in today is more depressing than I ever could have imagined. It's totally unrecognizable.

Old 06-06-2009, 06:48 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:

I have never had anything anger me as much as the current level of greed and corruption. If something isnt done soon to rid our country of this scourge, I do believe there will be an uprising of unprecedented proportions. People are beyond fed up. We want action, and we want it now!

Old 06-06-2009, 07:07 PM

174 posts, read 510,046 times
The reason why the politicians in this country don't do anything about the illegal immigration problem is because both parties have a vested interest in keeping the current situation as is. The democrats see these people as future voters if they continue to pander to them and offer them all sorts of social goodies like in state tuition, welfare, and other social programs. The republicans want to keep the things as is because many of their corporate interest see these people as a cheap source of labor. Just look at the food, restaurant, hospitality industry and see the the high level of illegals they employ. If this stuation doesnt't start to change soon, there is going to be a serious fundenemntal change in this country. No country in the world can continue to absorb so many people in such a short period of time.

I have a friend that was a teacher in the Chicago public school system and she related to me the following story of what she encountered. She worked in the system as a 5th grade teacher and most of her students in her class were of Mexican descent amd most did not know how to speak english. She had an interpreter there to assist her, but most of the time the students just showed up and did not bother to learn anything. What was truly sad about this situation was that most of the kids were born and raised in Chicago, but most did not know english. This is what happens when these immigrants, legal and illegal, don't have any incentive to learn how to speak english. When you live in a city like Chicago that has 2 full time spanish tv stations and close top 10 am/fm spanish radio stations, they just don't see the reason why they should learn our language.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:13 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
I can relate to all of the comments made above. Canada here I come! I am also sick of what this country has become in the past couple of decades. It no longer feels like home.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKE-Ed View Post
The reason why the politicians in this country don't do anything about the illegal immigration problem is because both parties have a vested interest in keeping the current situation as is. The democrats see these people as future voters if they continue to pander to them and offer them all sorts of social goodies like in state tuition, welfare, and other social programs. The republicans want to keep the things as is because many of their corporate interest see these people as a cheap source of labor. Just look at the food, restaurant, hospitality industry and see the the high level of illegals they employ. If this stuation doesnt't start to change soon, there is going to be a serious fundenemntal change in this country. No country in the world can continue to absorb so many people in such a short period of time.

I have a friend that was a teacher in the Chicago public school system and she related to me the following story of what she encountered. She worked in the system as a 5th grade teacher and most of her students in her class were of Mexican descent amd most did not know how to speak english. She had an interpreter there to assist her, but most of the time the students just showed up and did not bother to learn anything. What was truly sad about this situation was that most of the kids were born and raised in Chicago, but most did not know english. This is what happens when these immigrants, legal and illegal, don't have any incentive to learn how to speak english. When you live in a city like Chicago that has 2 full time spanish tv stations and close top 10 am/fm spanish radio stations, they just don't see the reason why they should learn our language.
Wow. I am a product of CPS and was born and raised on the south side of the illegal alien sanctuary known as Chicago. Mayor Daley owes his re-election to the anchor babies who in turn now own and run the city of Chicago. While I left Chicago a while back, as of last year I decided I couldn't stand working downtown anymore. It's like a 3rd world country. Last year for the first time in my life and after more than 2 decades of working downtown I saw Latin King grafitti on a couple of office buildings. I couldn't believe it.

The chaotic crowds, the noise, and listening to 80 different languages being babbled while walking to work became extremely depressing. The final straw was not being able to go for a walk during my lunch break without witnessing the multitude of pregnant illegal aliens babbling in spanish, with an anchor in the oven and 3 toddlers fighting over who was going to push the stroller to the welfare office. Despite not being able to speak a syllable of the kings' English, they never seem to have a problem finding the State of Illinois Building do they

One day while I was walking down Wacker Drive I literally saw a foreign cab driver (wearing a turbin) get out of his cab and throw a white business mans' luggage into traffic in the middle of Wacker drive at 8:30 am. That was when I decided that I had enough. The murder and gang rates are breathtaking. Occasionally I have to go downtown for training or meetings but that is the extent of my going anywhere near Chicago.

Old 06-06-2009, 09:29 PM

174 posts, read 510,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Wow. I am a product of CPS and was born and raised on the south side of the illegal alien sanctuary known as Chicago. Mayor Daley owes his re-election to the anchor babies who in turn now own and run the city of Chicago. While I left Chicago a while back, as of last year I decided I couldn't stand working downtown anymore. It's like a 3rd world country. Last year for the first time in my life and after more than 2 decades of working downtown I saw Latin King grafitti on a couple of office buildings. I couldn't believe it.

The chaotic crowds, the noise, and listening to 80 different languages being babbled while walking to work became extremely depressing. The final straw was not being able to go for a walk during my lunch break without witnessing the multitude of pregnant illegal aliens babbling in spanish, with an anchor in the oven and 3 toddlers fighting over who was going to push the stroller to the welfare office. Despite not being able to speak a syllable of the kings' English, they never seem to have a problem finding the State of Illinois Building do they

One day while I was walking down Wacker Drive I literally saw a foreign cab driver (wearing a turbin) get out of his cab and throw a white business mans' luggage into traffic in the middle of Wacker drive at 8:30 am. That was when I decided that I had enough. The murder and gang rates are breathtaking. Occasionally I have to go downtown for training or meetings but that is the extent of my going anywhere near Chicago.
I, too, see this all over the city. I was at a Sears store on the north side and very few of the employess there spoke english. I know for a fact that the people that I saw there are not here legally in this counrty. Chicago is indeed starting to feel more like a third world counrty. My sister works for a Jewel store were many of these ilegals come in to shop with a , I think it's called a quest card, and are buying schrimp and lobster along with high end steaks. These people actually have the nerve to brag that the state of Illinois and the City of Chicago pays for their living expenses. Daley should be thrown out of office for pandering to a bunch of ilegals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or